Peyton Throwing Like He Was 6 Years Ago

BmoreColt

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Move this to NFL General.. Andrew Luck isnt on the team

Cool in a month I can move mine back in here. Can you move your Peyton Manning thread back then?

Didn't think so.

Quit crying about Peyton being gone. Its over. I loved Peyton as much as the next fan but I am a Colts fan first.

Move this to NFL General.. Andrew Luck isnt on the team

Just out of curiosity do you think there is a chance Luck COULD be on the team next year? As in starting for our Colts?

Listen up guys, one thing DOES disturb me a bit. I know it's still a bit soon since the Peyton release but do not hate on Luck either. He is a young guy who wants to live his dream in the NFL. none of this is his fault.

He is going to be our next QB barring something odd happening. I truly hope people here support the next QB for the Colts.

Cool in a month I can move mine back in here. Can you move your Peyton Manning thread back then?

Didn't think so.

Quit crying about Peyton being gone. Its over. I loved Peyton as much as the next fan but I am a Colts fan first.

Ok in a month, not a day sooner

All the Peyton bashers, the I need to see it vocals, the I need to hear it pleaders.... Brandon Stokely has recently said Peyton was throwing like he was 6 years ago.. Doesn't sound like he has a noodle arm, in fact he sounds rejuvenated. Irsay made a big mistake..

http://profootballta...-six-years-ago/

Stokley is Manning's buddy - what would people expect him to say? I hope it is true, but I hold out judgement until I see him play in a game at full speed.

I became a Baltimore Colts fan first and later learned to like Indy. It's like a divorce when you love both parents, but both parents don't speak to each other. It hurts. I long to talk about great B.Colt's championships but there's iittle to no interest in these forums and you can't talk about it on a Raven's board....so i'm glad there are people like Bmore Colt.

Edited by shecolt
Personal Insult

Just out of curiosity do you think there is a chance Luck COULD be on the team next year? As in starting for our Colts?

Listen up guys, one thing DOES disturb me a bit. I know it's still a bit soon since the Peyton release but do not hate on Luck either. He is a young guy who wants to live his dream in the NFL. none of this is his fault.

He is going to be our next QB barring somethin odd happening. I truly hope people here support the next QB for the Colts.

Ley me ask you this, seeing this is a Colts forum. If someone started a thread about Unitas and his greatness as a Colt, should it be moved?? You do realize the only reason the team is still in Indy right?? If not for Mannings greatness this team would be the LA Colts.. He got cut a week ago. I dont think people wanting to vent their frustration after a week is too much to ask..

Ley me ask you this, seeing this is a Colts forum. If someone started a thread about Unitas and his greatness as a Colt, should it be moved?? You do realize the only reason the team is still in Indy right?? If not for Mannings greatness this team would be the LA Colts.. He got cut a week ago. I dont think people wanting to vent their frustration after a week is too much to ask..

I am well aware of everything Peyton did for the Colts and city once. I am not taking a thing away from his time here and I cherish the memories.

I feel no need to vent though personally. I knew he was pretty much gone for a while in my gut. It was no suprise to me. Most I knew in real life also saw his release coming for some time.

I would be more open to talking about all the great moments Peyton had here as a Colts player then to vent actually. Why not celebrate his Colts career instead of being so angry and sad?

I am well aware of everything Peyton did for the Colts and city once. I am not taking a thing away from his time here and I cherish the memories.

I feel no need to vent though personally. I knew he was pretty much gone for a while in my gut. It was no suprise to me. Most I knew in real life also saw his release coming for some time.

I would be more open to talking about all the great moments Peyton had here as a Colts player then to vent actually. Why not celebrate his Colts career instead of being so angry and sad?

Fair enough....

I became a Baltimore Colts fan first and later learned to like Indy. It's like a divorce when you love both parents, but both parents don't speak to each other. It hurts. I long to talk about great B.Colt's championships but there's iittle to no interest in these forums and you can't talk about it on a Raven's board....so i'm glad there are people like Bmore Colt.

People like us have caught so much crap this last week its disgusting. Having to 'battle' with other forum members is troubling. You have the Pro Manning supporters and the Anti Manning supporters duking it out. Sickning.

People like us have caught so much crap this last week its disgusting. Having to 'battle' with other forum members is troubling. You have the Pro Manning supporters and the Anti Manning supporters duking it out. Sickning.

Agree...... it's very disturbing.

I don't think anyone should be a pro Manning or anti Manning supporter. Why a label?

Aren't we all just supposed to be Colts fans? *shrugs* Isn't that why we all came to this forum to begin with?

I knew some would end up leaving our team as fans though. It was inevitable. Many will root harder for Peyton's new team then the Colts. This makes me sad but nothing I can do about it.

I became a Baltimore Colts fan first and later learned to like Indy. It's like a divorce when you love both parents, but both parents don't speak to each other. It hurts. I long to talk about great B.Colt's championships but there's iittle to no interest in these forums and you can't talk about it on a Raven's board....so i'm glad there are people like Bmore Colt. Not so crazy about people like Jules.

Now I am getting personal attacks.......

Nice.

I don't think anyone should be a pro Manning or anti Manning supporter. Why a label?

Aren't we all just supposed to be Colts fans? *shrugs* Isn't that why we all came to this forum to begin with?

I knew some would end up leaving our team as fans though. It was inevitable. Many will root harder for Peyton's new team then the Colts. This makes me sad but nothing I can do about it.

Doesnt make me sad... The bandwagon was at full capicty.. Maybe now tickets will be easier to come by

Agreed. You would think so, but I among many others have been called out by other forum members for having some weird 'love affair' for Manning. I just see it as support for him.

Doesnt make me sad... The bandwagon was at full capicty.. Maybe now tickets will be easier to come by

I guess thats a positive way to look at it lol. Yes the bandwagon was full before. I kinda thought many jumped off a bit last season too though.

I think I love this team too much lol.

If you want to take the bygones be bygones approach, just practice what you preach. I remember when we used to have a positive, thoughtfully posting Jules. Now all it seems like is negativity and drivel. Lets just let people mourn, and let people cheer. We'll all be on the same team come game day.

Peyton can throw well, but that doesn't mean he should still be here. Can he block the defensive linemen and blitzers? Can he play defense? Can he coach? And the most important question of all: does Peyton have any chance of winning a championship here in the next 2 or 3 years? If Peyton thought he did, he would have restructured and stayed

Peyton got cut....he didn't ask to be released. It was great he and Irsay were grown up enough to do that in a classy way though....but Irsay had other options and Peyton knew what he was going to do regardless and walked away in class...like he does everything.

I, for one, am completely convinced that Peyton is throwing better than he was before the injury.

I won't go that far but only people on this forum are the only ones suggesting he is not throwing with NFL velocity or a form of his old self. EVERYONE else has been quoted the contrary but you know what....its a conspiracy.

I highly doubt he is throwing as well as he was 6 years ago. No way does a guy go through this many surgeries and comes out better when he is getting older as well.

Well considering he has been injured for the last 4 or 5 years since his first surgery on his neck and yet look at his production. For the first time in years he is throwing the ball pain free. Why do you think before the 2010 season he said he was going to take less reps and throw less to rest his arm? He hasn't been 100% for quite some time so it is very very possible he ends up being healthier than he was before. If not he has shown already what he can do through injury and will still play at a high level.

Could...be careful what you ask for. I seem to remember before Peyton and all those bandwaggon fans came that we couldn't sell out the smallest stadium in football in the RCA dome and had frequent blackouts. The team was threatened with moving to LA. Those bandwaggon fans buy a lot of tickets and colts swag and pay a lot of salaries on the team and for the owner...including building that swanky new stadium. It could all go back to the way it was and I pray Luck has success to build off of what Peyton built because while you may not appreciate bandwaggon fans I DO!

Peyton got cut....he didn't ask to be released. It was great he and Irsay were grown up enough to do that in a classy way though....but Irsay had other options and Peyton knew what he was going to do regardless and walked away in class...like he does everything.

I won't go that far but only people on this forum are the only ones suggesting he is not throwing with NFL velocity or a form of his old self. EVERYONE else has been quoted the contrary but you know what....its a conspiracy.

Well considering he has been injured for the last 4 or 5 years since his first surgery on his neck and yet look at his production. For the first time in years he is throwing the ball pain free. Why do you think before the 2010 season he said he was going to take less reps and throw less to rest his arm? He hasn't been 100% for quite some time so it is very very possible he ends up being healthier than he was before. If not he has shown already what he can do through injury and will still play at a high level.

Could...be careful what you ask for. I seem to remember before Peyton and all those bandwaggon fans came that we couldn't sell out the smallest stadium in football in the RCA dome and had frequent blackouts. The team was threatened with moving to LA. Those bandwaggon fans buy a lot of tickets and colts swag and pay a lot of salaries on the team and for the owner...including building that swanky new stadium. It could all go back to the way it was and I pray Luck has success to build off of what Peyton built because while you may not appreciate bandwaggon fans I DO!

I dont live in indy... and the bandwagon is unloading my friend.. Irsay better be able to right the ship in a hurry

I dont live in indy... and the bandwagon is unloading my friend.. Irsay better be able to right the ship in a hurry

Agree. I think it very much relies on a couple scenerios but mainly if Luck pans out to be a very good qb he will be ok. Luck has more hype behind him than Peyton had coming to the franchise from what I have seen in person. People are very willing to reach out with both arms to welcome him.....anything to save them from a 2-14 season again. If we don't see progress in season 2 though...ouch Irsay will be even more unpopular than he is now. I just get very defensive hearing a lot of people say good riddence to ANY fan. All fans are important not just the most devote. And sometimes questioning peoples fandom is the same as question peoples patriotism. Some times protesting things that they see as wrong is both patriotic and being a good fan. People are only upset because they CARE. Colts can win a lot back but it rest with the new team.

I just want to know where these Manning bashers are.

I think ive only read 1-2 posters ever actually show a dislike for Manning and an outright desire to boot him just for Luck.

People who wanted to rebuild are not Manning bashers.

No I've seen way more than 1 or 2 you have to look harder you'll see them there actually is a poster with a pic of Luck who really just bugs the mess outta me having that crap for a college kid not even on the team yet it just shows such disrespect for Peyton but it's a free country

Oh Jules. You know you are one of my favorite posters.

Here is the truth. Till Peyton picks a new team, it might be a good idea to let the vent or feelings subside and not get caught up in the middle. History will tell us all how things play out for Irsay's decision, Peyton's legacy, and to an extent even Polian's legacy with the Colts.

This offseason will have no shortage of drama. If I were Luck, I would just look at how Rodgers handled his business, purely on the field, and came out ahead in the eyes of fans and media. Luck, fair or not, has a bulls eye on his back with expectations. He just needs to not shy away from it and seize the bull by the horns.

Rodgers had it quite a bit easier:

A better roster

Better coaches

and peyton didn't play games when he was leaving as mr. favre did, big time games.

No I've seen way more than 1 or 2 you have to look harder you'll see them there actually is a poster with a pic of Luck who really just bugs the mess outta me having that crap for a college kid not even on the team yet it just shows such disrespect for Peyton but it's a free country

How does having a Luck avatar make you a Manning basher? How is it a sign of disrespect too? Its not like Manning just died.

Thats my point. Being excited to draft Andrew Luck or tired of hearing pro Manning posts all the time (which doesnt personally bother me that much) does not make you a Manning basher.

It may mean some arent as upset as others about it but that doesnt mean they arent Peyton fans or against him.

Agreed. You would think so, but I among many others have been called out by other forum members for having some weird 'love affair' for Manning. I just see it as support for him.

Not agreeing or being positive about the Colts situation = being labeled pessamist, dumb, and usually results in the biggest one:

"If you were making business decisions for the Colts....." or "I'd like to see you make a business decision"

let all them all get their sadness, their anger their hostility out now but when Peyton signs for a HUGE deal somewhere else for a huge deal you will all see see what he really wanted, real leaders take one for the team from time to time if it involves restructuring money for the better of the team,, obviously he wasnt willing to do that or he would be here now

I think I just pointed out to you in a different thread that he already DID take a lower contract last year for the good of the team, and I think that he might have restructured his contract for salary cap purposes in the past as well. You're bottom line assumption is that he is gone because he REFUSED to renegotiate his contract. Why is it that so many others (including most reputable members of the media) have claimed absolutely NO knowledge of any financial disagreements: their bottom line was that Peyton wanted to stay, but Irsay wanted to rebuild.

More to the point, since when is it a sign of poor character for an athlete to accept a FMV contract offer? Not only is that a nonsensical idea, but the fact is that if an athlete blatantly did such a thing he would be risking action from the players association - because by undercutting his own contract a player is undercutting EVERY players potential contracts. Do you think that Randy Moss gave a discount to the 49ers today? Did Mark Sanchez give one to the Jets? Is Andrew Luck going to give one to the Colts? Was Peyton's contract size a problem when he was helping to build a hospital? Suggestions such as yours smack of resentment for someone who makes a lot of money. Guess what, they ALL make a lot of money compared to us. It isn't up to us to decide where to draw the line. Contracts and salary caps are just a giant game, and our only hope should be that our team doesn't make stupid decisions, and our only expectation should be that everyone plays by the rules.

If you want to take the bygones be bygones approach, just practice what you preach. I remember when we used to have a positive, thoughtfully posting Jules. Now all it seems like is negativity and drivel. Lets just let people mourn, and let people cheer. We'll all be on the same team come game day.

I am trying to be optimistic about the future.

Again, I apologize. Talk about Peyton. I guess what bugged me more is all the talk about Peyton with other teams here in this section and I snapped. I don't even like the teams he is interested in (outside of maybe the Cardinals a little) so it actually does kinda irritate me to hear about him with some of them.

I also have wounds I am trying to heal too maybe.....last year was rough. This has been a rough offseason so far.

Brighter times are coming though. I am confident in that.

What is the big deal about having Peyton related threads in the Colts section. He was here for 14 years - it only has been a week. He didn't turn his back on the fans abruptly. I mean it has only been a week.

We have Luck threads here and he hasn't even taken a snap in a Colts uni. I am not bothered, I just choose not to open the thread and if I do I am certainly not gonna fuss that it is in the "colts" section....