Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Is Luck vs Mahomes the new Manning vs Brady

Restinpeacesweetchloe

9 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Is this going to be the new rivalry the next five years. If so I hope we get the upper hand and this doesn’t turn into KC owning us.

I am getting tired of everyone saying Luck is a young QB. He is not. He is in his prime and our window is smaller then the chiefs. 

Our team is being built to be able to win multiple ways which is exciting. It’s not all on Luck’s shoulders. 

And I’d say Luck has a good 10 years left in him. 

• Like 4

Im probably just a cynic but until hes proves otherwise Mahomes is the new Wastson who is the new Wentz who is the new Prescott who is the new Carr. All of those QBs were the best QB to come along in forever because they had an electric start (and that's just the past 5 seasons). 

Let me see Mahomes do something for more than 16 games and Ill believe it.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, Mitch Connors said:

Im probably just a cynic but until hes proves otherwise Mahomes is the new Wastson who is the new Wentz who is the new Prescott who is the new Carr. All of those QBs were the best QB to come along in forever because they had an electric start (and that's just the past 5 seasons). The league has shown year 2 for a QB is typically the hardest and a good portion dont reach heights beyond that season.

I believe Mahomes is the legit goods...now.  That said immediate playoff success rarely comes to anyone. Dues usually must be paid. 

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Mitch Connors said:

Im probably just a cynic but until hes proves otherwise Mahomes is the new Wastson who is the new Wentz who is the new Prescott who is the new Carr. All of those QBs were the best QB to come along in forever because they had an electric start (and that's just the past 5 seasons). 

Exactly.  One great year doesn't not define a career.  If he's consistent and produces year after year, then we can compare him to Luck, Brady, Manning, Brees, etc.  Otherwise, for now, just like you said, he's just a new Watson, Wentz, Prescott, etc...

I had similar thoughts on this subject. There are several teams though who could compete at a high level once they solve their Achilles heel of their team. Remember, we didn’t become a playoff type team until we solidified our oline. We happy to get the defense resolved in the right way near the same time frame. With this group of guys, this season, we know what we have going into the next game. What does a few tweaks and some personnel changes cause the dynamics to change us? Better hopefully but nothing is guaranteed. Same things can be said for Watson and the Texans. If texans get their oline turned around before Watson turns into Shell shocked David Carr, that team is set up to win a lot as well. There are a lot of above avg QB’s in this league to do real damage right now and the QB is always the main ingredient to a winning team. 

I, like several others, believe that Mahomes is the real deal however, I too want to see him repeat his magic over a couple seasons and let’s see the game planning and execution of that team in a high pressure playoff game. 

I don't know how anyone can think there will ever be another rivalry involving a QB with the same team-success that Brady had during his career with the Pats.

Making it to the conference championship every year, and the Super Bowl every other year for two decades... I doubt it.  As much as I hate to say it, the Pats run during the 2000s and 2010s will probably never be matched, so we'll probably never see another rivalry like Manning vs Brady/Belichick.

There might be multiple Peyton Mannings in the near future with this pass-happy NFL, but I don't see another career like Bradys on the horizon...  :dunno:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Is this going to be the new rivalry the next five years. If so I hope we get the upper hand and this doesn’t turn into KC owning us.

I am getting tired of everyone saying Luck is a young QB. He is not. He is in his prime and our window is smaller then the chiefs. 

The rivalry is probably Andrew Luck and Deshaun Watson

.We wont play KC that much

11 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

It could be.  Right now the winner of this game still has to worry about getting past the old guard in the AFC rather that be Brady or rivers.

I think the winner of this game goes to the SB.

I know if we beat KC, I'm 100% in. We aren't even supposed to be here but if we beat KC, I'm not scared of either Chargers/Pats. 

Now I don't know about the NFC but we will cross that bridge if we get there.

3 minutes ago, colt18 said:

I think the winner of this game goes to the SB.

I know if we beat KC, I'm 100% in. We aren't even supposed to be here but if we beat KC, I'm not scared of either Chargers/Pats. 

Now I don't know about the NFC but we will cross that bridge if we get there.

Never underestimate the Pats at home in January.  With that said the Colts have to take care of business vs KC before that becomes something to worry about.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

If it is at least it is a rivalry with a team that has a much nicer fanbase overall.

11 minutes ago, Cynjin said:

If it is at least it is a rivalry with a team that has a much nicer fanbase overall.

I really do not have anything against Mahomes or Andy Reid. They are both likable guys actually. I have never really disliked the Chiefs for that matter. Back in the day Derrick Thomas (RIP) was one of my favorite players. I guess for me to form any kind of hate toward them they would have to beat us 2 or 3 times in a row in the Playoffs. We have just absolutely owned them in the Playoffs over the years so their fanbase can't stand us.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I really do not have anything against Mahomes or Andy Reid. They are both likable guys actually. I have never really disliked the Chiefs for that matter. Back in the day Derrick Thomas (RIP) was one of my favorite players. I guess for me to form any kind of hate toward them they would have to beat us 2 or 3 times in a row in the Playoffs. We have just absolutely owned them in the Playoffs over the years so their fanbase can't stand us.

Their fanbase may not like the Colts, but they are not nearly as obnoxious as the Pats fanbase.  The Titans' fan base doesn't like the Colts either, but they are not obnoxious either.  The Pats fanbase is just full of terribly obnoxious fans.  Now I recognize I am painting with a broad brush here, but in general it holds true.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ManningGM said:

Ew. No thanks.

And we play the Chiefs again next season. Wouldn't be surprised if that's a primetime game on SNF.

You dont have a choice, actually..

They word was 'rivalry' and we wont play KC every year and we'll play Houston twice or maybe 3 times.

And I don't know Mahomes will be better than Watson going forward

20 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

I was thinking that the Chiefs (Mahomes) will be our biggest obstacle, much like the Pats with Brady.  

Its debatable about the window, our team is as young as anyone’s, and Luck van play for a good 10 more years or longer if he chooses.  

2 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

They word was 'rivalry' and we wont play KC every year and we'll play Houston twice or maybe 3 times.

I don't have a choice in who's playing who, but I do have a choice in what I enjoy.

Everyone with a brain knew the Colts were a better team than the Texans this past season. They were a 9-7 team masquerading as one of the weakest 11-5 teams. So no, give me a series of games between potentially the next two AFC powerhouses. 

5 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

I promise you we will play Mahomes or have the chance to play Mahomes EVERY yr in the playoffs

Mahomes is an amazing QB...  If if I couldn't have Andrew....  the ONLY other QB in the league right now .... I would want is Mahomes.    He is the real deal and I look forward to many playoff battles 

If we lose today I am all in on the Chiefs