Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tyquan Lewis

TheJACKCOLT

5 minutes ago, cbear said:

Apparently Reich gave a very cryptic we'll see how the week goes.  No mention of mri results which I thought he took today. 

That is good news. I think he probably got it looked at today and if it had been acl they would of known right away. You can usually tell it’s a ACL before a mri is even taken.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cbear said:

Apparently Reich gave a very cryptic we'll see how the week goes.  No mention of mri results which I thought he took today. 

yea if its a injury that would take a month he would be sent to IR .  him saying well see how the week goes means he could play this next game . 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, GoatBeard said:

This would be big, because that looked really bad.

Since Lewis has entered the starting lineup, the run defense has been very good. And I think his pass rush ability has been under rated a little. Hopefully he can play this week.

I honestly hardly notice him. I guess that can be a good thing? 

9 hours ago, GoatBeard said:

This would be big, because that looked really bad.

Since Lewis has entered the starting lineup, the run defense has been very good. And I think his pass rush ability has been under rated a little. Hopefully he can play this week.

I hope Tyquan is good to return but Muhammad didn’t seem too far off from holding it down. Good rotational guy in my opinion while having Turay in to rush as needed. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, chrisfarley said:

i think we will get a delayed diagnosis on his injury due to the holiday.... has anyone heard if the MRI results were actual received yet? Must be a major top secret.  I know Reich doesn't like to give anything up to the competition, that may play into it as well.

Trust me, if they get an MRI on an nfl player, that thing is read in 5 minutes and the team knows the result but why they always delay it, I’d guess to keep suspense and discussion of their team in the news cycle?? Idk, but we do a stat MRI in our hospital and it’s an immediate wet read and reported results in minutes with a typed and dictated report in less than 1 hour usually. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Jdubu said:

I hope Tyquan is good to return but Muhammad didn’t seem too far off from holding it down. Good rotational guy in my opinion while having Turay in to rush as needed. 

A few weeks back i saw him over commiting, loosing contain, just not quite getting it done. I agree with you, now i see him playing faster, smarter. Getting better each day. 

I hope Jihad Ward gets a shot next season. 6'5" 290. He was killing it inside with 3 sacks in 4 games. If they are there, Ballard and his staff will find them! 
 That thought makes being a Colts fan so much more fun.  yeehaa

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Calmack said:

I honestly hardly notice him. I guess that can be a good thing? 

What we have seen the last 3 games against very good run games is our D-Line giving up some pass rush  by driving straight into their opponent.
 The purpose is to keep the QB in the pocket and for each of them to maintain their Gap control. Lewis has that strong lower body and does a really good job at this.
 He does lack the speed and quickness to ever be a top pass rusher outside, but he was coming in real handy against these teams that are built to run the ball well.

He is just a nice piece of the puzzle and a solid Rookie.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fluke_33 said:

Looks like he is day to day so not a significant injury.  Yes!

Where did you get that information. If it was in coach's pressor today , I don't think he said that. What I heard was "we don't know anything yet and will have to take it day by day. I know an MRI should have told them by now but that's what I think I heard him to say.

18 minutes ago, cbear said:

They guard theses things better than our government does with national secrets!  Good grief.  I thought you had to make that kind of info public as soon as you get them.  They surely have those results by now. 

I think no news is bad news in this case....

11 minutes ago, dw49 said:

I think no news is bad news in this case....

Yeah.  That does not pass the logic test with the events of the day.  They signed a DL but released a DB.  If his injury was significant, why not just do the corresponding roster move with putting Lewis on IR?

2 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

Yeah.  That does not pass the logic test with the events of the day.  They signed a DL but released a DB.  If his injury was significant, why not just do the corresponding roster move with putting Lewis on IR?

Yes , you and chloe are right. If they knew the injury was season ending , he would be on IR by now...

1 hour ago, dw49 said:

Where did you get that information. If it was in coach's pressor today , I don't think he said that. What I heard was "we don't know anything yet and will have to take it day by day. I know an MRI should have told them by now but that's what I think I heard him to say.

The Indy Star. 

7 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

A few weeks back i saw him over commiting, loosing contain, just not quite getting it done. I agree with you, now i see him playing faster, smarter. Getting better each day. 

I hope Jihad Ward gets a shot next season. 6'5" 290. He was killing it inside with 3 sacks in 4 games. If they are there, Ballard and his staff will find them! 
 That thought makes being a Colts fan so much more fun.  yeehaa

Well I’ve liked this team better than I have since just prior to Manning leaving,  when we were sitting at 1-5. I actually felt like this team had the make up to do just what we are doing, although I didn’t think it was going to be for this year, I was looking ahead to next season. I was planning on watching them just compete and grow this season and reap rewards next year.  I’ll take what they’ve given us though early. 

What benefit do we get by having an IR player on the roster come playoffs?  No way this staff would play Patriot games just to fool the opposition?  Even live, I thought you got to be kidding me If this turns out serious cuz didn’t pass the eye test but never know. 

Real question, Lewis or Turray a bigger threat vs Houston?

51 minutes ago, NDcolt said:

What benefit do we get by having an IR player on the roster come playoffs?  No way this staff would play Patriot games just to fool the opposition?  Even live, I thought you got to be kidding me If this turns out serious cuz didn’t pass the eye test but never know. 

Real question, Lewis or Turray a bigger threat vs Houston?

How good is Turay's edge defense? He's a quicker guy and has a higher ceiling I think, but the key to beating Watson is to maintain the edge and keep him inside pocket. That's when he starts to hold onto the ball too long and eats up sacks. That's how we got 12(!) sacks on him in 2 games. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, NorthernBlue said:

How good is Turay's edge defense? He's a quicker guy and has a higher ceiling I think, but the key to beating Watson is to maintain the edge and keep him inside pocket. That's when he starts to hold onto the ball too long and eats up sacks. That's how we got 12(!) sacks on him in 2 games. 

Didn't Lewis miss the first Houston game?

• Like 1

Another way of thinking about it....

Him NOT going on IR is good news, If he had a tear ...... the guy would immediately be put on IR

but that doesnt mean he is going to play this week

IF we take care of business, we could be playing for a few more weeks

That means he may be back for the KC game.... or the next game......  or then that SB game :)

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

Another way of thinking about it....

Him NOT going on IR is good news, If he had a tear ...... the guy would immediately be put on IR

but that doesnt mean he is going to play this week

IF we take care of business, we could be playing for a few more weeks

That means he may be back for the KC game.... or the next game......  or then that SB game :)

The main thing is that he's back in time for the Super Bowl. 

And before anyone says it, yes I'm counting my chickens, hogs, cows, squirrels and whatever else the good captain has at his farmhouse!

• Like 3

On 12/31/2018 at 9:45 PM, Jared Cisneros said:

Not 100% sure, but it looks like we dodged the worst case scenario with Lewis. It might not even be that bad of news based on Reich's tweet. We've had pretty decent luck with season ending injuries this year thank God.

Also looks like all the wanna be orthopedic surgeons who, from their living room tvs, diagnosed Lewis with an ACL tear were, not surprisingly at all, completely wrong.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1