Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Marcus Mariota status for Sunday

Steamboat_Shaun

Obviously just reading between the lines here, but it really doesn't sound like Mariota will be good to go by Sunday. The bolded parts in particular would be cause for concern if I were a Titans fan.

“It was one of those deals where it kind of crunched, and basically sent my whole right side numb and tingly,” Mariota said on 104.5-FM's "Wake Up Zone" with Kevin Ingram, Mark Howard and Blaine Bishop. “It was one of those things, man, and it’s unfortunate because nerves are weird, they take time.

“But again, I am fighting and I am going to do my best to be out there.”

https://www.titansonline.com/news/titans-qb-marcus-mariota-plans-to-do-everything-in-my-power-to-be-ready-for-colt

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Hmm... I'm not sure, I'd rather play Marriota. After what Kessler and other backups have done against us...

Kessler looked like hot garbage against us... they scored 6 points... the Jags defense won that game. Not Kessler.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, DrLuck said:

Kessler looked like hot garbage against us... they scored 6 points... the Jags defense won that game. Not Kessler.

1 minute ago, CR91 said:

To be fair, we beat ourselves by not kicking three fgs. 

Perhaps, but its still a loss...

Gabbert has a better arm, IMHO.  He's no where near as mobile as a healthy Mariotta though

And if you play the odds, Gabbert had a great game last week so he's due to revert to the norm this week.

All that being said, whoever is at QB isn't going to be as big a factor as stopping their run game and putting points up against a very good defense.

Venturi said even if your RB is averaging 4 yards a carry, how many carries  will that take to score a TD.  If all they do is run Henry, it will be a low scoring game.  I trust our defense on this one and hope and pray our offense  finds a groove earlier than halftime. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HOF19 said:

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet 9m9 minutes ago

From Up to the Minute Live: #Titans QB Marcus Mariota didn't practice today after disclosing his entire right side has been numb. This appears to be heading in the wrong direction.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1078038008295837696

Let me help you out

4 hours ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Cody Kessler had nothing to do with the fact that the Colts weren't able to punch the ball in the endzone from the 1 yard line.

I really don't think the coaches have a lot of confidence in our run game to win games.  Especially short yardage.  With the game on the line I think it's pass 1st. even at the 1 yard line.  

43 minutes ago, Blueblood23 said:

Our offense lost the game as they couldn't execute. With the rules in the NFL getting shutout is inexcusable.

I will give you that... and playcalling. Take the points when you can get them in my book. Either way, I think we can all agree it wasn't the backup QB.

16 hours ago, richard pallo said:

I really don't think the coaches have a lot of confidence in our run game to win games.  Especially short yardage.  With the game on the line I think it's pass 1st. even at the 1 yard line.  

They seemed to have plenty of confidence in the run game when we shutout Dallas, & 2 of our TDs against the Giants were runs from inside the 5.

• Like 4

22 hours ago, richard pallo said:

1) Even your posts that don't reference Bell by name are thinly veiled references to him.

2) This post is kind of like the one where you thought Hines had more snaps than Mack in the Cowboys game.  In other words, it is pretty far from correct.  Look at the Cowboys game - Mack had two rushing TD's inside the 10.  Look at the Giants game - both Hines and Mack both had TD carries from in close.  I know the Rogers TD probably sticks in your head but that was actually a run call that Lucked checked to the pass.

On 12/26/2018 at 10:33 AM, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Obviously just reading between the lines here, but it really doesn't sound like Mariota will be good to go by Sunday. The bolded parts in particular would be cause for concern if I were a Titans fan.

“It was one of those deals where it kind of crunched, and basically sent my whole right side numb and tingly,” Mariota said on 104.5-FM's "Wake Up Zone" with Kevin Ingram, Mark Howard and Blaine Bishop. “It was one of those things, man, and it’s unfortunate because nerves are weird, they take time.

“But again, I am fighting and I am going to do my best to be out there.”

https://www.titansonline.com/news/titans-qb-marcus-mariota-plans-to-do-everything-in-my-power-to-be-ready-for-colt

Yeah, I've mentioned before, maybe on a different post, I just do not think Titans will play him for multiple reasons.  Why would you put a QB out on the field that can not grip the football properly? Or worse yet, risk further injury to an elbow that that has nerve damage and has not healed properly yet.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It really doesn't matter at this point. If we play our 'A' game we should beat them no matter who starts.

This.  We beat them pretty good before so I believe we are the better team.  That said, you still have to go out and do it, and whichever team wins will have deserved it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AZColt11 said:

This.  We beat them pretty good before so I believe we are the better team.  That said, you still have to go out and do it, and whichever team wins will have deserved it.

Yeah, anything can happen that is for sure. We just have to play smart and not turn it over and get dumb Penalties. There is a chance we could beat ourselves but I doubt it. Then again I didn't think the Jags would beat us.

• Like 1

They will fight their hearts out and come with some surprises.  I'm still expecting us to win though as long as we go in there with the mindset of being sharp and handling our business.

I remember we had a game sort of similar to  this against the Texans under Pagano at home and we didn't take advantage of the situation.  Im expecting a totally different outcome in this one!

• Like 1