Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

TY Hilton

jvan1973

He’s been one of the best receivers in the entire league the second half of the season.

I’ve always thought he’s a #1 receiver.

The Colts shut down Hopkins, Amari Cooper, and no one says anything. TY gets shut down for a game, (happens to all receivers) and everyone calls him out, saying he’s not a #1.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, backshoulderfade said:

We live in a constant cycle of people saying he isn't a #1 reciever and him proving them wrong.

We also live in a constant cycle of Hilton having a huge game one week and disappearing for a game or three afterwards.  Now I think he’s a number 1 but he needs to be more consistent. If he was, he’d be the number WR in the league by a long margin

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

We also live in a constant cycle of Hilton having a huge game one week and disappearing for a game or three afterwards.  Now I think he’s a number 1 but he needs to be more consistent. If he was, he’d be the number WR in the league by a long margin

If a defense decides to take him out of the equation,   there isn't much he can do.     That opens up the other guys.    He has an impact on every game even if he only has a few catches for minimal yards

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, csmopar said:

That's not true of past 7+ weeks. He's been very consistent.

77 yards is his worst output over last 7 weeks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, csmopar said:

You also have to keep in mind TY draws the best defenders too.

2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

In the past we lived in a cycle of bad offensive coordinators. We have a good one now and he is getting the most out of TY.  He is more than just a deep threat.

• Like 3

Just now, throwing BBZ said:

Gotta admire those gloves he wears.

I have to admit for a runt, one trick poney slot, Andrew does like to target him. 

Gotta wonder what his trade value is gonna be.

He is far from a one trick pony.   As for his trade value,   it doesn't matter,   they aren't going to trade him

I don't think he's a traditional 1. But I also don't think the designation in modern football means much when a non-traditional 1 can be getting more yards than 95% of no.1 receivers in the league. He's a versatile weapon and mismatch that destroys coverage schemes. I still think we need a traditional X receiver who can beat press-man in isolation with consistency. 

He's also been an absolute warrior battling injuries the last several weeks... I think he's practiced only 1 day in the last 3 weeks and he still hasn't missed a game and has totaled over 400 yards in those... what a champ. I love TY. 

• Thanks 1

I guess half the arguement comes from people having different mindsets about what a #1 is. For some it’s got to be that all rounder who can take the top off but who can go up and get that 50/50 balls.

For all that I love TY he isn’t a physical receiver. But that doesn’t diminish how good a receiver he is. 

2 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Gotta admire those gloves he wears.

I have to admit for a runt, one trick poney slot, Andrew does like to target him. 

Gotta wonder what his trade value is gonna be.

Gotta wonder what drugs you have ingested to make a post like that.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, csmopar said:

I have not looked for any data to back up my *gut*, but I think he has disappeared a lot less this year than last.  He's a money player, he's our #1 WR, for sure.  We still could use a legit #2, but the committee kids are doing a pretty good job keeping us in the game.

8 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Have you looked at his stats or watched the games the last few weeks? He’s a been a factor every week

35 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Had two incredible finger tip catches for big gains today.    He brings the goods every week.     Those who think he isn't a number one WR are crazy. 

Yeah I'd think to not classify him as elite, wouldn't be wise.  He just keeps proving any naysayer wrong.  Not like there's many TY Hilton naysayers.  

3 minutes ago, krunk said:

TY doesnt really go through those droughts with Reich. They always scheme him open. I think it was issues with the coordinators in past years that helped him get shut down.

A real observation. Good one.
Frank can have a great playbook to start the season.
But there is also a learning and timing curve.
And then as the season progresses you can build in the nuance and adjustments in  the weekly game plan, and sharpen the situational plays.

I am enjoying the crispness developing in some of the plays they are counting on from Rogers, and even Pascal. Frank and his staff are really developing this passing game. What fun.

And i am having fun twisting the T*t**S of those that seem to need confirmation from the many diverse, often minimally involved posters here. 

T Y is what he is, and if you actually do invest your mind a decent degree into this sport, enjoy what you are witnessing, and look forward to even better things.

What a great day from a bunch of rookies and minimally used backups!

I was about 90% on the verge of getting Misty Eyed when Hooker hit the ground and was surrounded by his TEAMMATES. The Perfect ending. Go :coltslogo:

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Like M Thomas of the Saints. Now THAT is a Big Time #1.

Cain is close to Thomas height/weight wise, freak athletic talent.  6'2 202 lbs vs 6'3 212.  Would really love to see Cain dominate.  Was horrible to see him injured, it wouldn't have taken him much to be a #2 on this current roster.  

10 minutes ago, Malakai432 said:

Cain is close to Thomas height/weight wise, freak athletic talent.  6'2 202 lbs vs 6'3 212.  Would really love to see Cain dominate.  Was horrible to see him injured, it wouldn't have taken him much to be a #2 on this current roster.  

Well, one has 10 1/2" hands and one has 8 3/4". 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Well, one has 10 1/2" hands and one has 8 3/4". 

Why are you so fixated on hand-size?  It's weird.  And kind of irrelevant.

Antonio Brown - 9"

Marvin Harrison - 9"

Jerry Rice - 9.5"

You don't have to be a physical freak with huge hands to be a #1 WR in the NFL... you just have to produce, and TY (and his 8.5" hands) does that year after year.  :hat:

57 minutes ago, Malakai432 said:

That's pretty ridiculous, 8-3/4 still seems like pretty big paws however.  

Well, i follow and watch the draft. And them paws are considered mini and reason to drop a guy, often considerably, in the draft. 

We all look forward to seeing if his mini hands are an exception.

Just now, throwing BBZ said:

Well, i follow and watch the draft. And them paws are considered mini and reason to drop a guy, often considerably, in the draft. 

We all look forward to seeing if his mini hands are an exception.

For the size I wouldn't think that's mini.  He's an inch smaller than Thomas, and lighter.  I wouldn't consider those tiny hands by any means.  

46 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Why are you so fixated on hand-size?  It's weird.  And kind of irrelevant.

Antonio Brown - 9"

Marvin Harrison - 9"

Jerry Rice - 9.5"

You don't have to be a physical freak with huge hands to be a #1 WR in the NFL... you just have to produce, and TY (and his 8.5" hands) does that year after year.  :hat:

Gee whizz, just MANY years of listening to bums likes Mike Mayock and folks of that ilk about the draft. Heck, i understood they talked to GM's to educate themselves on the subject. Probably just their own contrived fixation born from personal inadequacies. Hmmm! What would Freud say about that?
 Hmmm! Are you fixated on small hand size? Wow! 

Get some of T Y's magic gloves and hit the jugs Cain.

Some of you know what i mean.