Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

TY Hilton

jvan1973

8 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Then you are Clueless on the subject regarding the NFL. lol

You're still not doing a good job on your rebuttal because Antonio Brown has a mitt size of 9".  Keep trying BBZ.  After all you are the one that clearly thinks TY is a one trick pony :lol:.  Shows your NFL knowledge.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

So do Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne.

But BBZ can't let production get in the way of his argument...

haha

No apparently he seems like mitt size is the only thing that really matters.  

His armchair Madden GM skills are second to none.  

2 minutes ago, Malakai432 said:

You're still not doing a good job on your rebuttal because Antonio Brown has a mitt size of 9".  Keep trying BBZ.  

It should be clear that AB has abilities to track the ball and i hand coordination that are Exceptional. What are the odds? The league is just full of guys like that ya think? We will see what Cain turns into.

And no you won't hear me dissing him if he drops some passes in year one or so.

Guys get better with practice. Even though Many here want to cut, dump Rogers, Pascal. Reich said we are just getting started. Show me beats the idle chatter found here. 

9 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

It should be clear that AB has abilities to track the ball and i hand coordination that are Exceptional. What are the odds? The league is just full of guys like that ya think? We will see what Cain turns into.

And no you won't hear me dissing him if he drops some passes in year one or so.

Guys get better with practice. Even though Many here want to cut, dump Rogers, Pascal. Reich said we are just getting started. Show me beats the idle chatter found here. 

Under no circumstances was I comparing Cain to Thomas or Brown from a playing perspective, just solely their physical measurables which aren't really ridiculously far apart.  Cain may be faster and still ridiculously physical.  Whether he can catch the ball or not or even be mediocre NFL talent remains to be seen.  

Heck, if Cain could be even a fraction of what they have become that would be a win for the Colts.  

26 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

So do Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne.

But BBZ can't let production get in the way of his argument...

haha

Both 1st rd picks. Somebody saw something.

So Cain = Marvin and Reggie. What a bargain Ballard saw in him.  :banana:
 Cain is going to the Hall of Fame with Q.  It just gets better.

1 minute ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Despite what the women in your life have told you, size does not matter as long as you produce.

Every WR with huge hands WISHES they had the production of TY.

Production > Size  :hat:

Did Einstein originate that one? So Cain = T Y too.  Well, i do get he could be like Pascal and replace T Y when we wan to run.

4 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Did Einstein originate that one? So Cain = T Y too.  Well, i do get he could be like Pascal and replace T Y when we wan to run.

Nah, TY is a one trick pony and hopefully Cain could be vastly superior but his hands aren’t large enough.  I think the Colts should ditch both of them.  Wonder what Ryan Grants mitt size is??  9-5/8” apparently, I’m sold!!!

12 minutes ago, Malakai432 said:

Nah, TY is a one trick pony and hopefully Cain could be vastly superior but his hands aren’t large enough.  I think the Colts should ditch both of them.  Wonder what Ryan Grants mitt size is??  9-5/8” apparently, I’m sold!!!

Actually you aren't SOLD Remember, just what was that word, hmmm!

And after fine Exceptional examples of Hall of Fame receivers with larger hands than ya boy, you care to blather on about Ryan Grant. 

You make the case that ANY small handed WR could be better than T Y. Yet you are saying nothing. Hand size is a top topic at the combine for a reason. REASON. 

Look it up. While you are at it look up odds, probabilities. Common, layman stuff that you shouldn't need someone to explain to you. 
 I hope you have enjoyed your Colts Sunday. I know i have.  

TY Hilton is here to stay and he's going to end up on the Ring of Honor.  Heck, even critic-in-chief Gregg Doyel is now singing the praises of "tough TY Hilton"...

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/columnists/gregg-doyel/2018/12/23/colts-top-giants-28-27-continue-playoff-push-behind-tough-t-y-hilton/2373976002/

I don't think TY get the respect he deserves here or nationally, perhaps its his height or the size of his hands (???) or the seemingly less-than stellar attitude last year, and personally I was surprised that he didn't go out to California in the off-season to catch balls from AL.  But can you imagine the Colts offense the last six years if Grigson hadn't traded up to get him?  (and can you imagine the Colts offense the last five years if RG hadn't taken Bjorn Werner 3 picks before Hopkins?)

I have a heart for TY Hilton because I love that he let his baby son decide what school he chose  by crawling to a Florida International hat and not the other college he was considering.  I loved when he caught that touchdown against the Jags right after his daughter was born and he rocked the ball.  Its the dad in me.

My gut is next year we get a WR in the first or second round, and if we do and pair them with Cain and Inman/Pascal... we might be looking at some "star wars numbers" once again.  Hilton won't be going to the Pro Bowl just as an alternate, but hopefully he won't be going anyway- we'll be preparing for the Super Bowl!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, throwing BBZ said:

And after fine Exceptional examples of Hall of Fame receivers with larger hands than ya boy, you care to blather on about Ryan Grant. 

You make the case that ANY small handed WR could be better than T Y. Yet you are saying nothing. Hand size is a top topic at the combine for a reason. REASON. 

Look it up. While you are at it look up odds, probabilities. Common, layman stuff that you shouldn't need someone to explain to you. 

Hey we can agree on something!  Praise Odin!

I'll make sure to play some Madden and sharpen up my arm chair GM skills so I can be all knowing like you one day BBZ!

On the flip side Cain had one of the largest wingspans, too bad about his tiny hands though.  Guess we have no hope. 

4 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

If a defense decides to take him out of the equation,   there isn't much he can do.     That opens up the other guys.    He has an impact on every game even if he only has a few catches for minimal yards

Just like Marvelous back in the day. Reggie started padding his early stats on Harrison’s double teams. 

17 minutes ago, GoColtsWin said:

Just like Marvelous back in the day. Reggie started padding his early stats on Harrison’s double teams. 

Reggie didn't pad anything.  He earned his catches.     The comeback route to Reggie for a first down was a staple of the offence 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jvan1973 said:

Reggie didn't pad anything.  He earned his catches.     The comeback route to Reggie for a first down was a staple of the offence 

Reggie like Marv could run the full route tree but I think the comeback was more of a Marv staple.  Reggie’s go to was the dig route after Stoke or Dallas would clear out the middle. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HectorRoberts said:

I love looking at the past and present when it comes to Marvin and T.Y. Its no contest but both of their biggest weapons is/was their ability to get open. 

Getting open tends to be one of the requirements of being a good receiver. Lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

Are you high or something?

19 minutes ago, BOTT said:

Getting open tends to be one of the requirements of being a good receiver. Lol

Well you know how it goes around our parts of the internet. If you're not the #1 at your position in the entire league, you obviously suck or are average or lucky at getting your catches and/or yards.

I've always loved ty, him and AL have had fantastic chemistry literally from day one.

11 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Wasn’t meant as a slight. I have as much respect for Reggie’s game as anyone. Was only trying to say, those were the moments he was making a name for himself by being there when this # came up w/Marv taking double coverage.