Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts vs Cowboys

Myles

5 minutes ago, Superman said:

NICE!

I was wondering if maybe this would be flexed, but SNF has Rams/Eagles that week, so it's not gonna happen.

Since I have to travel 2 hours south, I'm hoping it stays at 1pm.    So I guess I have to root for the Eagles to win so they can stay in playoff contention.  

Every game is big.  I've run many scenarios through the playoff generator.  I thought we could possibly afford to lose an NFC game.  No.  It seems we have to finish a game ahead of the Ravens.  For every scenario I've run through, even if we have the same conference record, they win the tiebreaker.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Myles said:

Shaping up to be a good and meaningful game.

I'm excited.  Just had a vendor give me a couple tickets in their suite at field level.      

Congrats!  They have suites at field level?  How would that work? 

45 minutes ago, #12. said:

Every game is big.  I've run many scenarios through the playoff generator.  I thought we could possibly afford to lose an NFC game.  No.  It seems we have to finish a game ahead of the Ravens.  For every scenario I've run through, even if we have the same conference record, they win the tiebreaker.

Well then I hope Tony Gonzalez is right about Lamar Jackson...

My initial hope was that we could catch the Texans, but they seem uninterested in losing, and they don't play any good teams for the rest of the year.

4 hours ago, Superman said:

NICE!

I was wondering if maybe this would be flexed, but SNF has Rams/Eagles that week, so it's not gonna happen.

Well there is still a Pats/Steelers at 425 which I could see flexed with Philly's struggle. I missing this game either way as I am going to Bears/Packers with my brothers-in-law that day

19 hours ago, #12. said:

I should have gone through and looked at the steps, I suppose.  The Ravens have the common games tiebreaker on us, and our common games are over.  Essentially, they are a game ahead of us.  We have to finish ahead of them.  If we were to beat the Texans, we would be in the same position with both teams - needing either to lose a game to make it.

Interestingly, we were cheering for the Ravens vs. the Bengals, but that game didn't really matter.  If the Bengals won, they had the head-to-head tiebreaker.  If the Ravens won, they had the common games tiebreaker, and it probably would have been better for us for the Bengals to win.

This game feels like a loss. I love in Dallas but am a colts fan and don't like the cowboys. But it seems like I am destined to be mocked down here because the colts lost to the cowboys a year or two ago and the pacers seem to lose to the macs anytime I pay attention.  Not that I think highly of the cowboys or anything, but it will be my luck that ruins it. Sorry guys.

20 hours ago, Superman said:

My initial hope was that we could catch the Texans, but they seem uninterested in losing, and they don't play any good teams for the rest of the year.

I think the Colts MIGHT beg to differ about that comment. 

I have played with the simulator also. BAL and LAC both have some tough games ahead. I am pretty confident that if the Colts take care of their business then they have a spot in the post season. We may have a chance to lose one and still get in depending on which one it is but we could still get in with help if we lost 2 but losing to Houston isn't an option really. 

Just now, strt182 said:

I think the Colts MIGHT beg to differ about that comment. 

I have played with the simulator also. BAL and LAC both have some tough games ahead. I am pretty confident that if the Colts take care of their business then they have a spot in the post season. We may have a chance to lose one and still get in depending on which one it is but we could still get in with help if we lost 2 but losing to Houston isn't an option really. 

I meant besides the Colts, obviously.

1 minute ago, strt182 said:

I was assuming so, just giving you some grief. I gotta get it in when I can because those chances are VERY slim with you.  I do enjoy reading your take on things. 

Just re-read my post and it might have come across kind of snarky. Didn't mean it that way...

But that Texans game is the one I'm most concerned about. I can see us beating them, but they're really dialed in right now, and I think they'll walk all over our defense.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, #12. said:

I should have gone through and looked at the steps, I suppose.  The Ravens have the common games tiebreaker on us, and our common games are over.  Essentially, they are a game ahead of us.  We have to finish ahead of them.  If we were to beat the Texans, we would be in the same position with both teams - needing either to lose a game to make it.

Interestingly, we were cheering for the Ravens vs. the Bengals, but that game didn't really matter.  If the Bengals won, they had the head-to-head tiebreaker.  If the Ravens won, they had the common games tiebreaker, and it probably would have been better for us for the Bengals to win.

Colts will need to beat Dallas.   I think we need to win 4/5 to make the playoffs.   Texans and Dallas will be tough.   The Giants are playing better ball now and at the Titans won't be easy.   But lets start with the Jags which is not a gimme games. 

22 hours ago, Superman said:

They barely played any good teams at all this year.  The few that they did play, they played at the absolutely most ideal team.  One of the easiest schedules i've ever seen.

1 hour ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

They would have to speed-walk extremely fast to get away from Leonard and Hooker...

tenor.gif?itemid=4597925

We let Coutee put up 11 catches for 109 yards in his debut, in our building. We have a way of making teams look like really good speed-walkers. 

• Like 1

On 11/28/2018 at 5:54 PM, Superman said:

They play the Colts. Who are playing like a good team. They just need to lose one more and we can't lose. A long shot I know.