Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

New Nike Uniforms: April 3Rd

Ohio Colt

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read that there wont be any design changes for some teams (including us) just a new fabric and a couple small details. In 2013, that's where most design changes happen.

There are some uni's that are simply iconic and a brand unto themselves. I just can't imagine the Cowboys, Steelers, Packers, and Colts among others are going to have some radical new design at any time. Instead of a throwback jersey, they may have a "futures" game in which they dress the team like an XFL or Oregon, but just can't see big design changes coming.

I liked the blue pants with the white jerseys they wore for a bit in the mid 1990s, but if I recall they were "retired" bc the Colts had a dismal record when wearing that combo (then again they had a dismal record in any uniform back then)

I really liked the blue facemasks and hated when they went back to boring gray in 2004 or 05...I would love to see those come back

But no blue on blue...too college for my tastes

Ok.

Ok.

Maybe you're not comprehending it but I was not paying attention to your concept....at all. Therefore I could not have been exhorting others to ignore it.

And at the risk of having to explain the minutia of clothing design, as was said, Nike does not have any latitude with regard to uniform design. They're simply the manufacturers. The teams alone are authorized to initiate any uniform design changes and whether or not Nike would then be a part of the actual "design" process is not germane to the initial post.

Hey Brian, relax dude! The Germans have nothing to do with it!

I removed all the striping. Helmet, Jersey, Pants. Bold move? Sure. But its slick and modern. That's what I was going for. This is just for fun, they would never do anything this cool :) The Colts uni's always have to be boring and plain.

The actual Jersey has nothing on it though.

I have always been in the minority with the "change the uniforms" discussions, and im a somewhat old school Colts fan(30 yrs.). I don't want to see drastic changes but I have no problem with changing the color scheme and designs a little bit. Actually not a fan of the shade of blue the Colts wear. Would like to see them be a little darker and I could definately get onboard with Grey Jerseys with dark blue striping and lettering. I know many don't want to change the identity of the uni's but I would have no problem with it at all.

Yeah really hope they don't make those into the standard jerseys. Those are awful, and Nike has dropped the ball. From head to toe that just looks so bad. Stick to the Reebok classics or even a black colored jersey wouldn't look to bad. But all this futuristic looking stuff is getting out of hand.

Classic teams can and should. I can name a handful of them.

I have to disagree. Progression is the way to go. Look at the Browns uni's... yikes. Someone should let them know. When your team has two colors and your jerseys are as blank as a piece of paper, somethings gotta give eventually. It doesn't have to be anything major, but some new striping wouldn't hurt. If anything, an ALT jersey for us fans who want a little more than a blue jersey with white numbers on a couple sunday's. Call it an olive branch. It would certainly do well for the Colts franchise if they released new jerseys. I don't mean jerseys with "swoosh" instead of the reebok logo either. If I have an Austin Collie jersey (I do) and Nike releases one that is just like the one I have...no big deal. But if they release some new awesome jersey design...i'll be glad to pay again for the new jersey. There is a lot of change in Indy right now, I wouldn't be shocked at all if they changed up the jerseys just a little bit. That's good marketing.

Some teams will have some minor changes, some might not have any.

One thing I do expect to see eventually and quite possibly this year, and that is a "pro combat" pro version where they lock the designers in their room and feed them crank and sugar and let them see what they come up with.

In the end it's all about money and when they can add a pro combat weekend, it is the same thing as a throwback weekend, just on the opposite end of the spectrum.

Some teams will have some minor changes, some might not have any.

One thing I do expect to see eventually and quite possibly this year, and that is a "pro combat" pro version where they lock the designers in their room and feed them crank and sugar and let them see what they come up with.

In the end it's all about money and when they can add a pro combat weekend, it is the same thing as a throwback weekend, just on the opposite end of the spectrum.

This is exactly what I'm talking about.

Spice things up if only for a weekend or two. Increase jersey sales and let the people buy nike's new creations. You can have teams wear their traditional apparel, but once in a while, step out of the 1900's.

I would embrace any sort of change. You have to also understand the business side of this. Oregon University has about 12 different uniforms, different styles they sell for their football team. The Colts have 2 different styles. Home and Away. BOOORING.I'm not saying that they need to completely redo their brand, but have a game or two where they are wearing alt jerseys. Something extra to sell to the fans. Variety is the money maker. I did a couple designs to what I think the Colts should wear in 2012. Get your puke bucket ready for any of you not wanting a blue helmet.

Home and Away

6849620819_58d8859b02_b.jpg

Coltsprocombatstandard by cody.hughes42, on Flickr

ALT Home and Away

6849621507_6b74d6fd3a_b.jpg

Coltsprocombatnontraditional by cody.hughes42, on Flickr

wow, pretty cool post. I like the sleeves, but pretty sure the players would be upset if it covered their tats! LOL.... as long as there are no pants like the Ravens! hate those pants, looks like my kids jeggings...blah

wow, pretty cool post. I like the sleeves, but pretty sure the players would be upset if it covered their tats! LOL.... as long as there are no pants like the Ravens! hate those pants, looks like my kids jeggings...blah

Thanks for the compliment on the design. I actually did designs for all 32 teams using the Nike Pro Combat template. This one, as a Colts fan is just a fan-tasy :) Fun to think about, but we'll likely see the same-old same-old tomorrow.

so I am looking around and searching.. it doesn't appear that any images leaked out to the public a day early. Did anyone else look around and find anything?

I would like to see some more gray integrated into the uniforms so we might have a gray alternate uniform.

Jaguars Leak:

r600x600.jpg

Not the best picture, but that can't be expected.

Can't stand Nike and I don't want to see a bunch of flashy over the top new uniforms. Simple with classic colors, minimal striping and trim work, and a really really really really really tiny swoosh.

I think you are in the minority here overall, but I think you will get your wish.

I feel I should add a disclaimer after reading some of the previous posts on this thread--this post in no way has anything to do with anybody else's posts made thus far, it just has to do with what the thread is about--changes to the Colts uniform and what I think and would like to see happen.

I personally like our classic look. I don't find it boring, and nor do I think it needs to be "improved" or changed. Something is called classic for a reason. Some teams just need to remain with a classic look. I like that Green Bay isn't going to change. Likewise, I think the Steelers uniform needs to remain the same. As much as it pains me to say this, the Cowboys uniform shouldn't change either. And to me, the Colts uniform falls into this category. So, I'd like to see them stay the same.

Now, that being said, it is absolutely ok that some people want to see them change--it's called an opinion for a reason :D

Like what I see on there. They look kinda classic with a new class. Too bad they won't go on sale till the 26th :(

They added a black jersey which has been announced.

The teal & white jerseys look the same, with the replacement of the reebok logo with the swoosh.

The one thing I question about it and the quality of the image prevents it. Is it the NFL shield at the neck or is it the NFL Equipment/logo/shield. It looks like the NFL Equipment but I can't tell for sure.

I've only worn one jersey as an adult and that was more like wearing a button up shirt(open) over a t-shirt and that was a Mantle Yankees road gray throwback #7. So the release date doesn't effect me. The jerseys I owned are signed and put up.

Too bad they won't go on sale till the 26th :(

Where did you read that at? I've been looking for when they go on sale and haven't been able to find anything. That seems like a terrible marketing strategy to me since that is the day of the draft. Wouldn't you think they would want to release them before that?

I did read somewhere that replicas are going to be $100 (I'm hoping these compare to the mid-grade Reeboks and not the cheap ones) and authentics are up to $250....mass complaints about price in 3, 2, 1...

Edit: I found info about the 26th here: http://www.oregonlive.com/playbooks-profits/index.ssf/2012/03/nike_to_debut_jerseys_and_unif.html

They added a black jersey which has been announced.

The teal & white jerseys look the same, with the replacement of the reebok logo with the swoosh.

The one thing I question about it and the quality of the image prevents it. Is it the NFL shield at the neck or is it the NFL Equipment/logo/shield. It looks like the NFL Equipment but I can't tell for sure.

I've only worn one jersey as an adult and that was more like wearing a button up shirt(open) over a t-shirt and that was a Mantle Yankees road gray throwback #7. So the release date doesn't effect me. The jerseys I owned are signed and put up.

Yeah it looks like the NFL Shield to me to be honest but I mean we'll find out tomorrow. I'm just impatient as heck. I want the jersey's tomorrow lol! I hope they release a black alternate for us like Reebok did in my avvy.

Where did you read that at? I've been looking for when they go on sale and haven't been able to find anything. That seems like a terrible marketing strategy to me since that is the day of the draft. Wouldn't you think they would want to release them before that?

I did read somewhere that replicas are going to be $100 (I'm hoping these compare to the mid-grade Reeboks and not the cheap ones) and authentics are up to $250....mass complaints about price in 3, 2, 1...

I follow the NFL Shop on twitter and they said sometime this month is when they should be avaliable then they tweeted out later that it'd be the 26th. I agree completely though about it being a bad marketing strategy. Prices seem a little steep too.

Yeah it looks like the NFL Shield to me to be honest but I mean we'll find out tomorrow. I'm just impatient as heck. I want the jersey's tomorrow lol! I hope they release a black alternate for us like Reebok did in my avvy.

The fashion jerseys will be flooded with designs I'm sure just like Reebok had.