Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

New Nike Uniforms: April 3Rd

Ohio Colt

Where did you read that at? I've been looking for when they go on sale and haven't been able to find anything. That seems like a terrible marketing strategy to me since that is the day of the draft. Wouldn't you think they would want to release them before that?

I did read somewhere that replicas are going to be $100 (I'm hoping these compare to the mid-grade Reeboks and not the cheap ones) and authentics are up to $250....mass complaints about price in 3, 2, 1...

Edit: I found info about the 26th here: http://www.oregonliv...s_and_unif.html

The authentic ones will cost a few coins. I remember when the replica(screen printed trash), was 40.00 or 50.00 tops that is only 15 years ago or so. I wouldn't want one if it wasn't authentic, but like I said earlier I'm not a big jersey guy.. Just feel strange wearing one.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The authentic ones will cost a few coins. I remember when the replica(screen printed trash), was 40.00 or 50.00 tops that is only 15 years ago or so. I wouldn't want one if it wasn't authentic, but like I said earlier I'm not a big jersey guy.. Just feel strange wearing one.

Yeah, I don't mind the jump in price, as I assume the quality will be better for both types. The materials that Nike uses are light years ahead of Reebok. I like to have one blue and one white jersey for Sundays but have typically gone with the middle grade Reebok which has stitching instead of screen printing...hoping the $100 Nike's are similar to those...

Yeah, I don't mind the jump in price, as I assume the quality will be better for both types. The materials that Nike uses are light years ahead of Reebok. I like to have one blue and one white jersey for Sundays but have typically gone with the middle grade Reebok which has stitching instead of screen printing...hoping the $100 Nike's are similar to those...

Even the authentic ones are rarely equal to the on-field versions.

For the most part I would agree, but some teams have incorporated what I would call a 2nd generation material. A lot of the Giants back/receivers wore it where some of their lineman wore the traditional jersey.

I'd say all 3 versions will be made, and then you'll see the cheap legal knock off versions at Walmart/Target/Kmart with the horse shoes on the sleeves or shoulders.

Even it were to cost even more money, It would be nice to buy an on-field authentic which was never a possibility with Reebok, and I doubt it happens with Nike. You'd have to turn to ebay for some form of team issue/non game used jersey.

Even the authentic ones are rarely equal to the on-field versions.

For the most part I would agree, but some teams have incorporated what I would call a 2nd generation material. A lot of the Giants back/receivers wore it where some of their lineman wore the traditional jersey.

I'd say all 3 versions will be made, and then you'll see the cheap legal knock off versions at Walmart/Target/Kmart with the horse shoes on the sleeves or shoulders.

Even it were to cost even more money, It would be nice to buy an on-field authentic which was never a possibility with Reebok, and I doubt it happens with Nike. You'd have to turn to ebay for some form of team issue/non game used jersey.

Are you talking about the one's that Donald Brown and Dallas Clark were wearing the past couple of seasons?

Are you talking about the one's that Donald Brown and Dallas Clark were wearing the past couple of seasons?

Those are similar to what the Giants/Backs receivers... Brown for sure. I think Addai wore the same.

Overall I'm talking about on-field quality.

!Bwf)(-w!mk~$(KGrHqJ,!hQEv1+0B,tpBMJOYsHi3g~~_3.JPGBob_Sanders-_Game_Worn_Jersey__47952_zoom.jpg

These two are completely different from the "authentic" ones sold via retail/online. I understand why they make the regular authentic ones, but the on-field versions should be available via special order.

Those are similar to what the Giants/Backs receivers... Brown for sure. I think Addai wore the same.

Overall I'm talking about on-field quality.

These two are completely different from the "authentic" ones sold via retail/online. I understand why they make the regular authentic ones, but the on-field versions should be available via special order.

The last few seasons, I noticed how Addai's jersey, as well as some others including Bethea, looked completely different from other teammates. Even the numbers on the sleeves were smaller.

It would be cool if you could actually order the on-field versions....I guess you can buy the game used in the Proshop, but they are so long that they would be hard to wear.

Here's a pic of Joe's different jersey:

Joseph_Addai.jpg

The last few seasons, I noticed how Addai's jersey, as well as some others including Bethea, looked completely different from other teammates. Even the numbers on the sleeves were smaller.

It would be cool if you could actually order the on-field versions....I guess you can buy the game used in the Proshop, but they are so long that they would be hard to wear.

Here's a pic of Joe's different jersey:

Joseph_Addai.jpg

That would be one of them. The game used ones are even more expensive. I'm just talking about being able to buy an on-field/team issue jersey and then having it tailored(cut shorter).

i honestly dont see there being much of a change, but with all that being said, why would they hype up april 3rd for new jerseys if they werent doing anything different, maybr some teams will get a big change, if they are the same jerseys just with a nike logo theres no reason to even have any special announcement for the jerseys

i honestly dont see there being much of a change, but with all that being said, why would they hype up april 3rd for new jerseys if they werent doing anything different, maybr some teams will get a big change, if they are the same jerseys just with a nike logo theres no reason to even have any special announcement for the jerseys

It's a special announcement, because this is huge for Nike. Before Reebok was who made/sold the jerseys. With Nike now doing this, Nike stock just became a lot more valuable which means more $$$.

I honestly see no difference.

For some teams the only change is going to be the nike swoosh replacing Reebok logo on the shoulders.

Jacksonville is adding a black jersey this year.

For those wanting drastic changes, they will likely be disappointed out side of the outside chance of a pro-combat version.

I absolutely hate the all-white road uniforms.

White helmet-blue jersey-white pants for home games

Blue helmet-white jersey-blue pants for away games

I would change that a bit.

Home - Blue Jersey, Blue Pants, White Helmet

Away - White Jersey, Blue Pants, White Helmet

Alternate - Silver Jersey, Blue Pants, White Helmet

I would change that a bit.

Home - Blue Jersey, Blue Pants, White Helmet

Away - White Jersey, Blue Pants, White Helmet

Alternate - Silver Jersey, Blue Pants, White Helmet

Actually I like your away idea better than mine, so here's my adjustment:

Home - White Helmet, Blue Jersey, White Pants