Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

New Nike Uniforms: April 3Rd

Ohio Colt

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/09/nike-uniforms-will-be-unveiled-on-april-3/

We'll find out what they look like very soon.

What is everyone's opinions on the Colts uniform? I think one great thing about this organization is the colors, logo, and design will remain the same. That same classic look that is so often voted the best uniform in football. I am so proud that we probably will not change.

What changes do you expect/predict if any?

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://profootballta...led-on-april-3/

We'll find out what they look like very soon.

What is everyone's opinions on the Colts uniform? I think one great thing about this organization is the colors, logo, and design will remain the same. That same classic look that is so often voted the best uniform in football. I am so proud that we probably will not change.

What changes do you expect/predict if any?

I expect the material to be different, along with collar design that may incorporate that transparent adhesive to help maintain shape. I also expect that the jersey will be a tighter silhouette and form fitting to the torso. I expect the shoes to match the color scheme of the jersey/pant, and the gloves to form the team logo on the inside palmside when a player forms the delta triangle with his hands.

I also expect the under the uniform shirts to incorporate much of their Pro-Combat innovations that allow breathability and flexibility while maintaining compression

Yes, I don't think the color scheme will change at all, or even the thickness of the stripes on shoulders or helmet.

there may be a few subtle changes. sort of like the stripes slowly moving up to the shoulder pads over the years. the new fabrics will make them look more modern, but certainly we'll maintain the classic look

now we wait for someone to suggest major changes, followed by a verbal pounding from the purists...........

I would embrace any sort of change. You have to also understand the business side of this. Oregon University has about 12 different uniforms, different styles they sell for their football team. The Colts have 2 different styles. Home and Away. BOOORING.I'm not saying that they need to completely redo their brand, but have a game or two where they are wearing alt jerseys. Something extra to sell to the fans. Variety is the money maker. I did a couple designs to what I think the Colts should wear in 2012. Get your puke bucket ready for any of you not wanting a blue helmet.

Home and Away

6849620819_58d8859b02_b.jpg

Coltsprocombatstandard by cody.hughes42, on Flickr

ALT Home and Away

6849621507_6b74d6fd3a_b.jpg

Coltsprocombatnontraditional by cody.hughes42, on Flickr

I don't see anything wrong with change and it wouldn't bother me a bit if the uniforms looked a little more modern. With that said, I don't want anything like some of the crazy uniforms in college that look just God awful to say the least, but an alternate uniform of some kind would be a welcome change IMO.

Looks darn nice..:-)

I would embrace any sort of change. You have to also understand the business side of this. Oregon University has about 12 different uniforms, different styles they sell for their football team. The Colts have 2 different styles. Home and Away. BOOORING.I'm not saying that they need to completely redo their brand, but have a game or two where they are wearing alt jerseys. Something extra to sell to the fans. Variety is the money maker. I did a couple designs to what I think the Colts should wear in 2012. Get your puke bucket ready for any of you not wanting a blue helmet.

Home and Away

ALT Home and Away

I agree the colts need to get away from boring but still hold that tradition... change the way the jersey looks, its way too plain right now. Bring in some blue pants or something like that. Nothing wrong with the players looking like straight ninjas while playing..... especially the WRs or RBs.

Home and Away

ALT Home and Away

Diggin' the grey jersey and the horseshoes on the arms, and am not one to mind the blue helmet, but I'm not sure I'd want to remove the signature shoulder stripes. Just my 2 cents...

Diggin' the grey jersey and the horseshoes on the arms, and am not one to mind the blue helmet, but I'm not sure I'd want to remove the signature shoulder stripes. Just my 2 cents...

I removed all the striping. Helmet, Jersey, Pants. Bold move? Sure. But its slick and modern. That's what I was going for. This is just for fun, they would never do anything this cool :) The Colts uni's always have to be boring and plain.

Home and Away

ALT Home and Away

I really dig the home/away undershirt with the Colts logo on it. That would look pretty cool in real life. For an alternate helmet, while probably too bold for Colts football, those chrome helmets Oregon wore in their bowl game were unreal.

I really dig the home/away undershirt with the Colts logo on it. That would look pretty cool in real life. For an alternate helmet, while probably too bold for Colts football, those chrome helmets Oregon wore in their bowl game were unreal.

I considered a chrome helmet, but the horse shoe was lost in the design. It would have to be an off-chrome horse shoe. I could do a mock up of one just for fun if you'd like.

I considered a chrome helmet, but the horse shoe was lost in the design. It would have to be an off-chrome horse shoe. I could do a mock up of one just for fun if you'd like.

If you're into testing things, what about adding the shoulder stripes back, but tone on tone on the grey jersey...? I think keeping them but making them more subtle would be interesting.

Home and Away

ALT Home and Away

I am really liking the all blue home uniform and the all white away uniform. I don't mind the alternate uniforms, I am not a fan of the grey just because our logo has no grey in it and it would just seem weird to me to throw in a color that we don't have. The away alternate is fine but I would much rather switch between the proposed home and away uniforms and our current ones

I am really liking the all blue home uniform and the all white away uniform. I don't mind the alternate uniforms, I am not a fan of the grey just because our logo has no grey in it and it would just seem weird to me to throw in a color that we don't have. The away alternate is fine but I would much rather switch between the proposed home and away uniforms and our current ones

Our facemasks are grey ;)

Besides, the whole point is to mix it up a bit. Very limited with two colors. Grey is a neutral that can work with blue and white in the mix. Works great as an alternative to white. Black doesn't work well.

Someone correct me if I am wrong but Nike gets 0 latitude with regard to uniform design. They're simply the manufacturers. So, unless the Colts say they're changing their uniforms, there is nothing to see here.

:ignore:

as i said before. this is just for fun, and these are my designs. not nike's. Nike however, will design as requested by the teams. Panthers and Seahawks are a part of a handful of teams that are getting a new look.

Someone correct me if I am wrong but Nike gets 0 latitude with regard to uniform design. They're simply the manufacturers. So, unless the Colts say they're changing their uniforms, there is nothing to see here.

:ignore:

You are 100% correct. It's not up to Nike. Organization consent only

as i said before. this is just for fun, and these are my designs. not nike's. Nike however, will design as requested by the teams. Panthers and Seahawks are a part of a handful of teams that are getting a new look.

Yeah, I was not asking anything about your cartoons. I was asking about nike's latitude with regard to uniform design. But thanks for making it about you?

:hijack:

Yeah, I was not asking anything about your cartoons. I was asking about nike's latitude with regard to uniform design. But thanks for making it about you?

:hijack:

My "cartoons"? yes, i'm sure anyone could do the same with a box of Crayola. It's certainly not something I do for a living, so i'll leave it to the expert for critique. <sarcasm>

I did not make "it" about me. Your approach to the comment was that people should ignore my concept because the Colts have yet to announce a design change and that Nike doesn't handle the designs of the NFL teams. So, I corrected your misinformation. After all, you did ask to be corrected. I never claimed anywhere that these "cartoons" were the future of the Colts as well as making it known that they were just my visual opinion on what Nike could do for the Colts with a new look, and Nike does in fact design the uniform per franchise request. So just relax, the Colts will definitely stay the same. Thanks for the comments.

It shouldn't change, we don't need to be flashy like the seahawks or bengals...Classic uniforms are the best! I don't want to look like Oregon on the field, that's a joke.

i like his designs....and they're not "flashy" at all. def nothing like seahawks or bengals...

My "cartoons"? yes, i'm sure anyone could do the same with a box of Crayola.

Ok.

I did not make "it" about me...I do...i'll leave it to...I did not...my concept...I corrected...I never...my visual opinion...

Ok.

Your approach to the comment was that people should ignore my concept

Maybe you're not comprehending it but I was not paying attention to your concept....at all. Therefore I could not have been exhorting others to ignore it.

And at the risk of having to explain the minutia of clothing design, as was said, Nike does not have any latitude with regard to uniform design. They're simply the manufacturers. The teams alone are authorized to initiate any uniform design changes and whether or not Nike would then be a part of the actual "design" process is not germane to the initial post.

Ok.

Ok.

Maybe you're not comprehending it but I was not paying attention to your concept....at all. Therefore I could not have been exhorting others to ignore it.

And at the risk of having to explain the minutia of clothing design, as was said, Nike does not have any latitude with regard to uniform design. They're simply the manufacturers. The teams alone are authorized to initiate any uniform design changes and whether or not Nike would then be a part of the actual "design" process is not germane to the initial post.

*facepalm*

Yes, you are correct. When Nike came out and said they were redesigning a handful of teams' uniforms, that doesn't mean NIke was designing it. I'm sure the Seahawk's have a team of janitor's and towel boys doing a really sweet jersey design.

I'm officially exhausted. This has gone way too far. Done.

I'm sure the Seahawk's have a team of janitor's and towel boys doing a really sweet jersey design.

What part of "whether or not Nike would then be a part of the actual "design" process is not germane to the initial post." are you not grasping?

I'm officially exhausted.

Try some 5 Hour energy for that 3:00 rush.

This has gone way too far.

Agreed. You have belabored the wrong point for 2 posts now.

• 2 weeks later...

I really wonder what these new uniforms are going to look like? I kind of kind of like the all all blue or all white choices. Not a fan of the helmets, though. I'm sure they will look cool, and probably alot sleaker. It's really funny if you go back and watch a classic game from the 80/90s how padded the uniforms were.