Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Most likely to pull off upset

DalTXColtsFan

Who are we most likely to lose to?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Assuming we "should" win the rest of our games (and we're not going to be HEAVY favorites in all of them), which of our remaining opponents is most likely to pull off an upset?

• Miami
    • @Jacksonville
    • @Houston
    • Dallas
    • NYG
    • @Tennessee

It's close IMHO - my first instinct was to pick the Giants, because they have the weapons (OBJ, Barkley) who can just go nuts on anybody, but that game is in Indy.  I'm only slightly less afraid of Dallas because of how well they've been playing on defense.  Elliott can go off on anybody, but I'm not nearly as afraid of Cooper as I am of OBJ.  Again, though, that game is in Indy.

Jacksonville and Tennessee are both capable of beating us in their houses, but Houston has the best offensive *and* defensive weapons of the 3 teams, and they'll be in a major dogfight for the #2 seed.  We get their strongest punch.

If we only lose one more game the rest of the year, most likely it's going to be @Hou.

EDIT:  I considered changing my pick to @Jax.  For the simple reason that a lot of NFL teams would look past an opponent they should be able to beat easily when a major game is next on the docket.  But, I don't think *this* coaching staff will allow this team to take Ramsey, Bouye, Campbell, and all of the other talent they have on that D lightly.  Reich and Co will make sure the Jags get just as potent a punch as the Texans.

• Like 1

I’m not afraid of Houston. The only thing they have had on us defensively is their pass rush, and we’ve obviously done a decent job in blocking recently. It just depends on if our defense shows up that week. We only lost to them before because we played them in the midst of the mass amount of drops. 

Id go with the Jags. They are the most likely to be able to stop our offense, showing they made good adjustments in the second half. That said, 2 of our drives stalled from drops then as well. Catch the ball and the offense should shred anyone. 

It’s not HOU...it’s the other team from Texas. Luck owes HOU for the last two beats that ended on 4th down failed conversions. He won’t be messing around that game...I wouldn’t be surprised if the Colts keep throwing the ball up 20 in the 4th quarter.

DAL is different. They too will be motivated with a chance to set up the division clincher at Jerry World. And the cynic in me thinks the NFL loves the idea of DAL going to the playoffs...and the Colts will get 0 breaks that game.

That being said, I think the Colts can beat them. WAS lost because they literally looked they were trying not to tackle. Colts won’t play like that.

• Like 1

We “should” win the rest of our games?!?

Seriously?

I’d never, EVER assume that.   Seriously.

This is not the time to get cocky about anything.   We haven’t been beating great teams, or even very good teams.   We’ve been beating some above average, some average and some below average teams.

Dallas is getting better.   Houston is getting better.  The J’Ville,  Tennessee and Houston games will be on the road...   maybe even in bad weather.   

Do not let your minds go there.  Not for a minute.   We may be a very good team.   But this is a long stretch drive.  Plenty can and will go wrong,  or did you not notice Ryan Kelly is gone for “some time”.

Enjoy every minute of this.   But do not get cocky.  Don’t count your wins just yet.   Stay humble. 

I think we win this week.  But I wouldn’t bet on it.   Life in the NFL can get crazy.   Just enjoy the ride!

• Like 5

4 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I think we win this week.  But I wouldn’t bet on it.   Life in the NFL can get crazy.   Just enjoy the ride!

I already did.  If the colts lose I have to buy a Marino jersey and wear it during the Super Bowl.   If the colts win my friend has to wear a Peyton jersey.   

Otherwise I agree with your full post.   Let’s not get too ahead of ourselves.   This year is supposed to be about growth.  Next year we crush everyone!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Seriously?

This is not the time to get cocky about anything.   We haven’t been beating great teams, or even very good teams.   We’ve been beating some above average, some average and some below average teams.

I believe the OP simply meant to ask which remaining opponent is most likely to beat the Colts this year.  

21 hours ago, DalTXColtsFan said:

Assuming we "should" win the rest of our games... Who's most likely to pull it off?

Houston. It seems that the Colts have lost to the Texans in some games that the Colts "should" win. I also believe the Texans have the best team among the remaining opponents.

6 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Seriously?

Dallas is getting better.   Houston is getting better.  The J’Ville,  Tennessee and Houston games will be on the road...   maybe even in bad weather.   

Do not let your minds go there.  Not for a minute.   We may be a very good team.   But this is a long stretch drive.  Plenty can and will go wrong,  or did you not notice Ryan Kelly is gone for “some time”.

Enjoy every minute of this.   But do not get cocky.  Don’t count your wins just yet.   Stay humble. 

Agree 100% 4 games ago we were 1-5, and we could very well be 5-9 after our next 4 and wondering where our season went. We should just enjoy the Miami game Sunday and nothing else. 

• Like 2

I think some of us here are getting a little too confident, as great as we are playing we’re only 5-5. We talking about going to Houston who’s 7-3 and on a 7 game win streak and talking about winning by 20? We’re confident cuz we’ve won four in a row but they’ve nearly doubled that. I know that how we’re winning is about as impressive as the fact that we are winning, but still playing Houston on the road is far from an easy game.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Seriously?

I think on a scale of Good, Very Good, and Great. We are just Good. Luck is playing Great but we still have holes. Pretty much you are right, we shouldn't take anything for granted and going 9-7 still has the highest probability for us IMO.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

No offense to the OP, but I find this line of thinking borderline arrogant. We have a few wins in a row, and are getting better. Not a single game this season would be an upset if we lost. 

Personally, I would be shocked and pleasantly surprised should should we win 5 of the last 6. 

• Like 1

On 11/23/2018 at 8:30 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think on a scale of Good, Very Good, and Great. We are just Good. Luck is playing Great but we still have holes. Pretty much you are right, we shouldn't take anything for granted and going 9-7 still has the highest probability for us IMO.

Same here.... and I picked us to go 9-7 and grab a wildcard berth.

So I selected Houston as, hopefully, our only remaining loss.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pacolts56 said:

Same here.... and I picked us to go 9-7 and grab a wildcard berth.

So I selected Houston as, hopefully, our only remaining loss.

Yeah I remember you had us at 9-7 like I did at the beginning of the year. Big game today, we get that one we are headed that way, maybe even 10-6?? The Texans and Cowboys both worry me a bit but those games are even winnable.

• Like 1

I went with the Texans, because they will bring everything they have against the Colts, but except the Miami - and maybe the Giants - games all games can go either way. I think our offense will score, but I can't trust our defense and our youngsters just yet to not lay an egg somewhere on the row. Drops, silly turnovers can kill us in any game.