Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Get well soon, Hooker

zibby43

Not sure he would have  made  that much of a difference.  This D starts and stops with the D line.  They don't get pressure and below average qbs looking like Hall of Famers.   Plus  our corners r gamers but lack talent.  I don't think a safety could impact thoae  glaring weaknesses.  We will add talent in the off season via the draft and free agency. Look for a lot of new starters on  the D next year.  Based on our talent on D, it  shouldn't b hard for a rookie and/or free agent to come in here and take a starting spot.  Take a pic of the starting D this year.  I think it changes a lot next year.

1 hour ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Not sure he would have  made  that much of a difference.  This D starts and stops with the D line.  They don't get pressure and below average qbs looking like Hall of Famers.   Plus  our corners r gamers but lack talent.  I don't think a safety could impact thoae  glaring weaknesses.  We will add talent in the off season via the draft and free agency. Look for a lot of new starters on  the D next year.  Based on our talent on D, it  shouldn't b hard for a rookie and/or free agent to come in here and take a starting spot.  Take a pic of the starting D this year.  I think it changes a lot next year.

Good point about the pressure.   That said, having a ball hawk FS on the field forces the opposing QB to account for him (whether it be that FS causing confusion or uncertainty pre-snap or forcing a look-off prior to a pass).  Forcing the opposing QB to process what the FS is doing can extend the play that little bit, which helps the pass rush.

1 hour ago, WoolMagnet said:

What is "What Hugh Grant most commonly says during flu season"  Alex.

oh, sorry, thought i was on the jeopardy forum.

I just about spit water all over my computer screen.  That was one of the funniest posts I have ever seen, anywhere.  I needed that laugh.  Well done, sir.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Those multiple intermediate/deep throws, especially the TD's, to Roberts and Cook that Carr made, are much better contested or possibly not even thrown at all if Hooker is in there. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

He might be a free agent at the end of the season if the Giants don't re-up him.

He'd be a guy I would want to target. Sounds like the Giants are getting trade calls on him right now too. He and Hooker would be the perfect duo for this defense.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Boiler_Colt said:

He'd be a guy I would want to target. Sounds like the Giants are getting trade calls on him right now too. He and Hooker would be the perfect duo for this defense.

Well newly signed WR Dontrelle Inman finished one game with SD at safety when they had too many injuries. So are future safety may already be on the roster lol!

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Well newly signed WR Dontrelle Inman finished one game with SD at safety when they had too many injuries. So are future safety may already be on the roster lol!

Nah keep him at wr he was catching almost every thing that went his way

• Like 2