Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Family discussion Brissett and 1st round pick for OBJ ?

HOF19

I live in NY Metro area and reports here from NY Media Giants might put entire roster on the block . My family have been talking about it ( All Giants fans ). They like Brissett better than anyone on the  Giants roster now . ( Eli is DONE here in NY ) . On the Giants message board ( which Giants fans fear that the Giants will take over the Browns spot as worse organization in NFL ). The fans want 2 first round picks for OBJ .

3 minutes ago, HOF19 said:

I live in NY Metro area and reports here from NY Media Giants might put entire roster on the block . My family have been talking about it ( All Giants fans ). They like Brissett better than anyone on the  Giants roster now . ( Eli is DONE here in NY ) . On the Giants message board ( which Giants fans fear that the Giants will take over the Browns spot as worse organization in NFL ). The fans want 2 first round picks for OBJ .

Wow. You want smoke with the Indy fans if you're asking for 2 first rounders. Indy fans didn't even want to give up anything close to that for Khalil Mack lol

Great post BTW.

• Like 3

OBJ does not fit want the Colts are trying to build here. His attitude is terrible and he’s not much of a locker room guy. They would not trade for him.

However if we’re playing scenarios I would say the Colts would give Brissett, 2nd rounder, and a 5th.

Keep OBJ and pick up a young up and coming QB. They'll need Odell to act as the security blanket and confidence building for the young gun, just like we used Reggie for with Andrew. 

... Then again I could see Jerry world throwing two firsts and getting him... 

Hmm... 

THE LAST LINE OF THIS COMMENT FROM NY GIANTS MESSAGE BOARD IS PROBABLY VERY VERY TRUE (About OBJ wanting out ).

about an hour ago The Analyst said:
Well personally, I wouldnt have signed Odell. He is a cancer. Spectacular player, but a cancer.

And they signed him when they were in "win now" mode. Not so much right now. We wont be in win now mode for another 2-3 seasons. So that money was not well spent.

I 150 % believe that when he is shaving and looking in the mirror he is saying to himself ……."PLEASE LET ME BE THE NEXT ONE TRADED " !!!

15 minutes ago, Rackeen305 said:

Wow. You want smoke with the Indy fans if you're asking for 2 first rounders. Indy fans didn't even want to give up anything close to that for Khalil Mack lol

Great post BTW.

Just looking at OBJ's body language in interviews lately...… OBJ wants OUT !!!

31 minutes ago, HOF19 said:

uh yeah I would not give up a first rounder for him sorry. Brissett and maybe a 3rd or 4th rounder. 

7 minutes ago, Rackeen305 said:

If the Colts wanted a WR, they should have pulled the trigger on J.Gordon (traded for Pats 5th), or Amari Cooper (traded for Dallas 1st).

I wouldn't have given up a first for cooper. but that is just me. 

Sticking to WR, If there were a WR that warrants 2 first rounders, I would go with:

• *Julio Jones - 1A
  • *Antonio Brown - 1B

I would give up 2 first for these guys as the league has changed more to favor offense. And these 2 WRs are the best IMO. 

For anyone saying no one is worth two 1st round picks, I have a question. Is any 1st round pick selected from 9-32 a guaranteed lock to be a  Pro Bowler? No. So if you have a player of AB or JJ caliber (ALL PROs), why aren't they worth it? especially considering these guys score points for you.

• Like 1

I'd give up a 2nd rounder for OBJ, but nothing more than that.  No additional picks, no extra players.  I would be willing to trade Brissett straight up for the Giant's 1st round pick. 

Brissett straight up for OBJ, hmmm, what's Odell's current contract situation?  90M over 5 years including the 20M signing bonus?  So does that mean if traded to the Colts it would effectively be a 4 year ((90-20/5)x4) $56M remaining contract ($14M per year for four years, with 36.5M of that remaining as guaranteed)?  Yeah, I'd be willing to trade Brissett for Odell, with that remaining 4 years on the contact.  Not giving up any draft picks as well, though, certainly not a number one or number two.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, rockywoj said:

I'd give up a 2nd rounder for OBJ, but nothing more than that.  No additional picks, no extra players.  I would be willing to trade Brissett straight up for the Giant's 1st round pick. 

Now way the Giants would give up their 1st for Brisset.  Not worth it.  Their pick will be a top 3 pick.  

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Myles said:

Now way the Giants would give up their 1st for Brisset.  Not worth it.  Their pick will be a top 3 pick.  

Exactly!!! They might as well finish up their dream season and get their QB in the draft. 

Even Coughlin, with Bortles, might say no to Eli now. :(  Did you guys see Eli getting more vocal and agitated than before with his pass catchers now than before when mistakes are made? You can tell the pressure is finally getting to him. Eli should just hang it up, IMO, at the end of this season.

What players in the locker room have complained about OBJ? There hasn't been one bad thing said about OBJ from people that play with him

I would gladly give up Brissett for OBJ. Dude is monster on the field. Him and TY together, throw in Ebron, Hines, and Mack. That is almost Chiefs like. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HOF19 said:

nuts

I can see Brissett being traded before the deadline. A number of teams come to mind:  Giants, Steelers, Raiders, Dolphins, Jaguars to name a few.  Ballard should be able to get a young starter and a pick.   Not saying it's going to happen but the trade activity is already heating up.  Steelers might take him and a pick just to get Bell off their back and get a good backup and heir apparent to Big Ben. 

24 minutes ago, Myles said:

Oh, I agree completely that they wouldn't give it up.  I was just saying I'd be willing to give up Brisset for it, IF they were so inclined.  Pretty obvious, I'd say, though, that they would NOT be so inclined, like you say.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

What players in the locker room have complained about OBJ? There hasn't been one bad thing said about OBJ from people that play with him

I would gladly give up Brissett for OBJ. Dude is monster on the field. Him and TY together, throw in Ebron, Hines, and Mack. That is almost Chiefs like. 

Bro this is a guy who after getting his money goes on national tv and says he's not into cold weather and Eli ability .how can u grab a teams money then complain weeks later .