Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Family discussion Brissett and 1st round pick for OBJ ?

HOF19

5 hours ago, Valpo2004 said:

No no no

OBJ is a talented player but a locker room cancer.  Plus he has a huge contract.

I might be able to give him a shot, but not for the cost of a first.   There is a lot of risk there.  

Is he a locker room cancer? I've actually never heard that he was, but I have seen his tantrums on the sideline, which are basically on par with what I see Tom Brady doing anytime things aren't going his way.

If he could be had for Brissett & a 2nd, I would have zero issues with Ballard pulling the trigger. I know it's completely unrealistic though.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mr.Debonair said:

So you wouldn't want Landon Collins? Take a look at Mitchell and Geathers career. Then answer that again please

How much of a hero would Ballard be if he were to make a move for Collins? Trade Dorsett away to NE for Brissett, then a little over a year later trade Brissett for the guy that should've been drafted by the Colts instead of Dorsett?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, coltfaninnewyork said:

Bro this is a guy who after getting his money goes on national tv and says he's not into cold weather and Eli ability .how can u grab a teams money then complain weeks later .

So he doesn't like playing in cold weather or with terrible QBs? Kinda sounds like he'd be an ideal fit in Indy.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, HOF19 said:

THE LAST LINE OF THIS COMMENT FROM NY GIANTS MESSAGE BOARD IS PROBABLY VERY VERY TRUE (About OBJ wanting out ).

about an hour ago The Analyst said:
Well personally, I wouldnt have signed Odell. He is a cancer. Spectacular player, but a cancer.

And they signed him when they were in "win now" mode. Not so much right now. We wont be in win now mode for another 2-3 seasons. So that money was not well spent.

I 150 % believe that when he is shaving and looking in the mirror he is saying to himself ……."PLEASE LET ME BE THE NEXT ONE TRADED " !!!

When he's shaving, or touching up that ridiculous bleach job?

22 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

How much of a hero would Ballard be if he were to make a move for Collins? Trade Dorsett away to NE for Brissett, then a little over a year later trade Brissett for the guy that should've been drafted by the Colts instead of Dorsett?

Chess not checkers lol

40 minutes ago, Luck 4 president said:

There will be plenty. Brissett doesn’t have a very high ceiling, but could be exactly what the giants need. They just need someone to be safe with the ball, And to get it to their playmakers. 

Yeah, I don't get the whole trade Brissett for draft picks conversation. It's pretty comical, especially to the Giants, who are now in total rebuild mode. E. Manning is not exactly playing as poorly as he's made out to be IMO. After D. Watson he is the most sacked QB in the league.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/passingYards/year/2018/seasontype/2

And delusional Giants fans and beat writers think Brissett will fix things. LMAO 

I've said this several times,  the only way the Colts get a pick at all for Brissett, is if a playoff team gets desperate for a QB, due to injury. Brissett has done nothing to prove he is a starting QB IMO. Unless, the NFL suddenly becomes like MLB, Brissett resigns after 2019 as a backup with Colts or goes elsewhere. JB being valued as better than any QB next years draft class is ridiculous.

4 minutes ago, MPStack said:

Yeah, I don't get the whole trade Brissett for draft picks conversation. It's pretty comical, especially to the Giants, who are now in total rebuild mode. E. Manning is not exactly playing as poorly as he's made out to be IMO. After D. Watson he is the most sacked QB in the league.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/passingYards/year/2018/seasontype/2

And delusional Giants fans and beat writers think Brissett will fix things. LMAO 

I've said this several times,  the only way the Colts get a pick at all for Brissett, is if a playoff team gets desperate for a QB, due to injury. Brissett has done nothing to prove he is a starting QB IMO. Unless, the NFL suddenly becomes like MLB, Brissett resigns after 2019 as a backup with Colts or goes elsewhere. JB being valued as better than any QB next years draft class is ridiculous.

Acquiring Brissett prior to the trade deadline would admittedly not be very helpful to any team. He would need a full offseason to work with their offensive coordinator, learning the scheme, that way he's not thrown into the fire the way he was last year with us. None of us have really seen what he can do with a full offseason of working with a first team, so it's hard to say he wouldn't be able to be a good starter, because I actually believe that he could be.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MPStack said:

I’d love to get a 1st for him but I doubt anyone would do that. I think he could be successful if he went to the jags or another well rounded team, but so could many other QBs. If we were trying to shop him we would’ve given him the whole 4th quarter last week with 10+ passing attempts. 

Just now, Luck 4 president said:

I’d love to get a 1st for him but I doubt anyone would do that. I think he could be successful if he went to the jags or another well rounded team, but so could many other QBs. If we were trying to shop him we would’ve given him the whole 4th quarter last week with 10+ passing attempts. 

I would absolutely like to see the Colts get a draft pick for him. However, I think he's a decent backup nothing more. Acquiring a 3rd Rd pick or more would be a victory for the Colts. Just my two cents!

1 hour ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Is he a locker room cancer? I've actually never heard that he was, but I have seen his tantrums on the sideline, which are basically on par with what I see Tom Brady doing anytime things aren't going his way.

If he could be had for Brissett & a 2nd, I would have zero issues with Ballard pulling the trigger. I know it's completely unrealistic though.

OBJ would beg …….. BEG the Giants to pull the trigger on Brissett and a 2nd rounder.....Why ???...………. HE WANTS OUT ( And he wants to go to a team that has a top 5...….. top 10 QB in NFL which HE KNOWS the Colts have ).

You see my fellow Colts message board commenters the NY Media is RIPPING the NY Giants OL to shreds !!!!!! That brought some interesting conversations including one particular one where 3 guys ( Off linemen)….one named Castonzo …….. one named Nelson...….and one named Kelly where talked about with some reverence...…. An upgrade to what OBJ's been playing with .

8 hours ago, bravo4460 said:

OBJ does not fit want the Colts are trying to build here. His attitude is terrible and he’s not much of a locker room guy. They would not trade for him.

However if we’re playing scenarios I would say the Colts would give Brissett, 2nd rounder, and a 5th.

I disagree with what your saying about his attitude. Total wrong, because he truly cares about winning, That’s why you see him flipping out on the sidelines. I’ve also heard nothing about him being a lockroom problem. He is well respected around the league. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Rackeen305 said:

Sticking to WR, If there were a WR that warrants 2 first rounders, I would go with:

• *Julio Jones - 1A
  • *Antonio Brown - 1B

I would give up 2 first for these guys as the league has changed more to favor offense. And these 2 WRs are the best IMO. 

For anyone saying no one is worth two 1st round picks, I have a question. Is any 1st round pick selected from 9-32 a guaranteed lock to be a  Pro Bowler? No. So if you have a player of AB or JJ caliber (ALL PROs), why aren't they worth it? especially considering these guys score points for you.

6 hours ago, Finball said:

I'd put OBJ above Julio. Julio has had better QB, coaching staff and other offensive weapons around him than OBJ. So has Brown but I think they are about on par. Julio and OBJ are about even in yards per game. But Odell produces touchdowns at about twice higher rate.

I'm not sure where this cancer stuff is coming from (from others, not you). Maybe he is but no one here really knows for sure. He's a diva for sure and possibly a headcase but cancer? 

3 hours ago, Stephen said:

What about adam T. from vikings

who? I mentioned JJ and AB and you mention who?

BTW, for those who like @VochLombardi from YouTube, He seems to agree with me. About JJ. see @22:00 mark, "People hating on Jason Gerrett, If I had Julio Jones then Ill take a shot at the end zone, Damn it I ain't got Julio Jones, I got Allen Hurns" - Voch Lombardi

And I posted my comment 8 hours before Voch Lombardi.

Too rich for sure...but I’d trade two seconds and Brissett easily. We can always flip him again later for a first but if Cooper landed a first no doubt OBJ would too. We can’t afford those prices.

coukd we convince them to take Brissett, Jets second this year, and a first in 2020? I’d do that.

8 hours ago, GoatBeard said:

How about Brissett for Landon Collins?

I’m sure they will try to extend him but he is a free agent at the end of the year. I’d swoop him up in the offseason if I’m Ballard...thumper next to Hooker...perfect safety combo.

Many Giants fans including myself beg to differ on that one.  He handled us as a backup one game and I was impressed then.  He would be leaps and bounds of anyone coming out of this year college draft which according to the scout's at best it might be 2 QB's worth a first round pick let alone plenty.

12 hours ago, luv_pony_express said:

The interesting question, to me, is just how much Jacoby is worth on the trade market.  How is he seen by GMs and coaches around the league?  As a really good backup?  As a middling starting QB?  As a gamble with a high ceiling?  Somebody caught in between?

Interesting...  he seems to be a .500 QB with potential to get a bit better??

12 hours ago, Tombstone said:

Let just say they are look to draft a QB with that 1st pick, just saying, who is there that will better than Brisset....

The guy is already on their roster and getting groomed...  Kyle Lauletta.  I expect him to replace Eli after the Giants bye week.

Lol people act like Obj has worse character issues than Moss/Owens. He’s just passionate about the game and wants to help win when the games on the line just like Brown so when they act out a bit it’s understandable tho since it’s been done b4 but apparently it’s a sin in this era 

12 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I actually don't want him either, I think he's a headcase. 

Yeah. I can totally see this discussion happening in 5 years:

”Yeah Odell was one of the best until that time he got mad at Eli during a game and threw a frozen turkey in the locker room at half time. Didn’t help the situation any when he tested positive on a drug screen the next week for eating a fluorescent light bulb. He just never was the same after that.”

20 minutes ago, will426 said:

Lol people act like Obj has worse character issues than Moss/Owens. He’s just passionate about the game and wants to help win when the games on the line just like Brown so when they act out a bit it’s understandable tho since it’s been done b4 but apparently it’s a sin in this era 

There are 1,700+ passionate players who want to win in this league. 

The overwhelming vast majority of whom act with professionalism rather than “acting out” when things don’t go their way. 

Attempting to normalize it and gloss it over with “passion” is just a cheap out to avoid the real, actual issue that those players lack the maturity that their peers display on a regular basis. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, will426 said:

Luck just needs a bunch of Good WR's he can throw too. Luck is that Great right now. TY is actually borderline Great and has the Marvin Harrison type attitude. Luck doesn't need one Great WR that will complain every time he doesn't get the ball and disrupts chemistry. That would be OBJ IMO and that is JMO. 

13 hours ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

It won't happen because Collin is a better player either Dorsett or Brissett.

But if it did happen, you and many others would read it as some sort of Genius.

When in fact what it would say is that NFL teams, including BB, believe in positional value in that a WR with 4.3 speed, a marginally starter QB, and a top 10 S were all valued equally.

50 minutes ago, will426 said:

Exactly but the Golden Boy up in New England throws fits on the sideline and its called being "Passionate"

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, DougDew said:

It won't happen because Collin is a better player either Dorsett or Brissett.

But if it did happen, you and many others would read it as some sort of Genius.

When in fact what it would say is that NFL teams, including BB, believe in positional value in that a WR with 4.3 speed, a QB, and a top 10 S were all valued equally.

You missed the part where he would only be a hero because many wanted us to draft Collins instead of Dorsett back in 2015. So in essence, he would be righting a wrong done by Grigson. 

1 minute ago, Mr.Debonair said:

You missed the part where he would only be a hero because many wanted us to draft Collins instead of Dorsett back in 2015. So in essence, he would be righting a wrong done by Grigson. 

I didn't miss it.  Imbedded was the assumption that each trade increased the value.  Which it won't because Collins is the far better player.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The Golden Boy has won 5 SB's, OBJ hasn't won jackpoop. If a QB has won 5 SB's he can yell all he wants IMO.

So arguing with your coach, getting in his face then is okay but just yelling on the sideline to yourself isn't, simply because you haven't won a super bowl? 

So arguing with your coach, getting in his face then is okay but just yelling on the sideline to yourself isn't, simply because you haven't won a super bowl? 

LOL, I am sure if a 5 time SB winning QB is yelling about something its legit. He is arguably the greatest QB ever to play. OBJ isn't even in the top 50 WRs of all-time. You used a bad example with Brady. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

LOL, I am sure if a 5 time SB winning QB is yelling about something its legit. He is arguably the greatest QB ever to play. OBJ isn't even in the top 50 WRs of all-time. You used a bad example with Brady. 

Doesn't matter who it is. That is exactly my point. Screaming and your coach and getting in his face is never okay, especially on the sidelines of game

• Thanks 2

Doesn't matter who it is. That is exactly my point. Screaming and your coach and getting in his face is never okay, especially on the sidelines of game

I agree yelling at your Coach is childish but a player like Tom Brady who has won 5 SB's, I can give a break too. Had Peyton yelled at Dungy I wouldn't of liked it but would've understood it because Peyton ran the Offense.