Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Family discussion Brissett and 1st round pick for OBJ ?

HOF19

3 minutes ago, coltfaninnewyork said:

Bro this is a guy who after getting his money goes on national tv and says he's not into cold weather and Eli ability .how can u grab a teams money then complain weeks later .

Not everyone has to give the politically correct answer. I am sure if alot of players had it their way, they wouldn't have to play in the cold regularly, do not see anything wrong with that answer. He could have answered the Eli question better but again, there have been 0 REPORTS of him being a bad teammate

Just now, Mr.Debonair said:

Not everyone has to give the politically correct answer. I am sure if alot of players had it their way, they wouldn't have to play in the cold regularly, do not see anything wrong with that answer. He could have answered the Eli question better but again, there have been 0 REPORTS of him being a bad teammate

I just think it was classless ,I don't think he's a team player and quite frankly I think he might have mental issues .He also does not like water lol

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

So you wouldn't want Landon Collins? Take a look at Mitchell and Geathers career. Then answer that again please

Hey, don't get me wrong on Collins ... I very much, at the time of the draft, wanted him drafted instead of Dorsett, but quite honestly, at this point I would rather roll with Mitchell and Geathers, than giving up assets for Collins, because I don't think the upgrade over the play we have so far been getting from Mitchell (granted that it's a small sample size so far on Mitchell - but he just came off of AFC Defensive Player of the Week, I like that sort of current production) would be enough to constitute giving up Brissett for.

1 hour ago, bravo4460 said:

OBJ does not fit want the Colts are trying to build here. His attitude is terrible and he’s not much of a locker room guy. They would not trade for him.

However if we’re playing scenarios I would say the Colts would give Brissett, 2nd rounder, and a 5th.

He is a cancer.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rockywoj said:

Hey, don't get me wrong on Collins ... I very much, at the time of the draft, wanted him drafted instead of Dorsett, but quite honestly, at this point I would rather roll with Mitchell and Geathers, than giving up assets for Collins, because I don't think the upgrade over the play we have so far been getting from Mitchell (granted that it's a small sample size so far on Mitchell - but he just came off of AFC Defensive Player of the Week, I like that sort of current production) would be enough to constitute giving up Brissett for.

Wow okay. 

5 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Wow okay. 

Let me ask you this question, what if Mitchell continues to perform at the level of this past weekend, which was AFC Defensive Player of the Week, would you still be saying that the Colts should expend assets to replace him?

Ergo, based on what I have seen of the two games Mitchell has been here, I like the idea of sitting back and seeing if he can sustain that level of elite play, before advocating for the Colts to run out and trade away assets for Collins. 

As for Collins, he had a meh rookie year, outstanding year 2!, and okay year three.  I do not know how well he has been performing this year.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, rockywoj said:

Let me ask you this question, what if Mitchell continues to perform at the level of this past weekend, which was AFC Defensive Player of the Week, would you still be saying that the Colts should expend assets to replace him?

Ergo, based on what I have seen of the two games Mitchell has been here, I like the idea of sitting back and seeing if he can sustain that level of elite play, before advocating for the Colts to run out and trade away assets for Collins. 

As for Collins, he had a meh rookie year, outstanding year 2!, and okay year three.  I do not know how well he has been performing this year.

For a Landon Collins absolutely. He’s 24. Two time pro bowler. Great range, doesn’t miss tackles. Plays well on STs. Missed one game in his career thus far. 100+ tackles. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

For a Landon Collins absolutely. He’s 24. Two time pro bowler. Great range, doesn’t miss tackles. Plays well on STs. Missed one game in his career thus far. 100+ tackles. 

Well, I get the 'he's younger' argument, but I am just not so sure as to how much of a current performance upgrade he presents.  Whereas IF Mitchell keeps performing, I am sure he can be re-signed on a 2-3 contract that is affordable, perhaps nevertheless making the position a non concern for several years.  Whereas with Collins, just how HUGE of a contract do you have to give to re-sign him moving forward beyond this year?

Sorry, I would choose to play money-ball at this point.

7 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Collins is a stud but he doesn't have great range. He's a beast close to LOS. Not as much farther away from LOS.

6 minutes ago, rockywoj said:

Well, I get the 'he's younger' argument, but I am just not so sure as to how much of a current performance upgrade he presents.  Whereas IF Mitchell keeps performing, I am sure he can be re-signed on a 2-3 contract that is affordable, perhaps nevertheless making the position a non concern for several years.  Whereas with Collins, just how HUGE of a contract do you have to give to re-sign him moving forward beyond this year?

Sorry, I would choose to play money-ball at this point.

Two games for Mike has been good to see but there is a reason he’s on his 4th team in his career after not being signed until we got desperate.

Regarding OBJ...why would the Giants try to trade him?  I'd be beyond shocked.  They just resigned him to a monster contract in August.  Moving OBJ, if I understand correctly, would result in the Giants having ~40 mil in dead cap penalty.  

1 hour ago, Rackeen305 said:

Sticking to WR, If there were a WR that warrants 2 first rounders, I would go with:

• *Julio Jones - 1A
  • *Antonio Brown - 1B

I would give up 2 first for these guys as the league has changed more to favor offense. And these 2 WRs are the best IMO. 

For anyone saying no one is worth two 1st round picks, I have a question. Is any 1st round pick selected from 9-32 a guaranteed lock to be a  Pro Bowler? No. So if you have a player of AB or JJ caliber (ALL PROs), why aren't they worth it? especially considering these guys score points for you.

I'd put OBJ above Julio. Julio has had better QB, coaching staff and other offensive weapons around him than OBJ. So has Brown but I think they are about on par. Julio and OBJ are about even in yards per game. But Odell produces touchdowns at about twice higher rate.

I'm not sure where this cancer stuff is coming from (from others, not you). Maybe he is but no one here really knows for sure. He's a diva for sure and possibly a headcase but cancer? 

8 minutes ago, J@son said:

Regarding OBJ...why would the Giants try to trade him?  I'd be beyond shocked.  They just resigned him to a monster contract in August.  Moving OBJ, if I understand correctly, would result in the Giants having ~40 mil in dead cap penalty.  

It's about 20M if he's traded. Not that small amount either.

Giants are probably not trading him either as you said, they just extended him. They'd most likely lose any trade.

23 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Two games for Mike has been good to see but there is a reason he’s on his 4th team in his career after not being signed until we got desperate.

I did concede that it's been a small sample size, his time with the Colts, but time shall tell.  All just purely hypothetical anyway, as it is doubtful the Giants would be willing to deal Collins (unless they know they don't want to spend what it would take to re-sign him), but on the purely hypothetical, like I said, I'd rather play wait and see with a money-ball attitude on this to see if Mitchell can sustain his performance consistently, especially so given that the Colts are not in any immediate dire need given the season they are so far having.

13 minutes ago, Finball said:

I'd put OBJ above Julio. Julio has had better QB, coaching staff and other offensive weapons around him than OBJ. So has Brown but I think they are about on par. Julio and OBJ are about even in yards per game. But Odell produces touchdowns at about twice higher rate.

I'm not sure where this cancer stuff is coming from (from others, not you). Maybe he is but no one here really knows for sure. He's a diva for sure and possibly a headcase but cancer? 

When John Mara one of the most respected owners in this league comments on this clown that's a issue .go watch the ESPN interview with lil Wayne .a complete S show.

55 minutes ago, Barry Sears said:

Maybe I'm missing something...the last few posts are about Mitchell and whether or not we'd need Collins.  To me, Geathers is the big question mark with his injuries.  Wouldn't Collins replace Geathers?

Geathers got hurt, now replaced by Mitchell.  Mitchell has played really well so far, even being awarded AFC Defensive Player of the Week for last game.

If Collins were acquired, it would be to be the starting SS, ergo, replacing both Mitchell and Geathers.  Not happening anyway, though, as I cannot see the Giants trading Collins away.

16 minutes ago, rockywoj said:

Geathers got hurt, now replaced by Mitchell.  Mitchell has played really well so far, even being awarded AFC Defensive Player of the Week for last game.

If Collins were acquired, it would be to be the starting SS, ergo, replacing both Mitchell and Geathers.  Not happening anyway, though, as I cannot see the Giants trading Collins away.

Thanks for the clarification.

1 hour ago, Finball said:

I respect your view point. All I have to say is, during the bright lights off the Superbowl vs the Pats, Julio shined time after time, Including that clutch catch, I believe it was like 4th and long where he caught this highly difficult pass to keep the game alive by the sidelines. I know people will bring up the replayed OBJ TD catch, but when it mattered the most, Julio was no joke.

44 minutes ago, rockywoj said:

He might want a trade actually, he is reportedly very upset about Snacks getting dealt.

2 minutes ago, Rackeen305 said:

I respect your view point. All I have to say is, during the bright lights off the Superbowl vs the Pats, Julio shined time after time, Including that clutch catch, I believe it was like 4th and long where he caught this highly difficult pass to keep the game alive by the sidelines. I know people will bring up the replayed OBJ TD catch, but when it mattered the most, Julio was no joke.

It was 3rd and long and that throw and catch was pretty much impossible to defend. One of the greatest catches in SB history and would be much highly regarded if the Falcons didn't choke so badly after it. And OBJ was that very year his first and as of now the only time in the * and he was bad.

Julio is great and pretty much unstoppable between the 20s but his low TD scores is why I can't put him above AB and OBJ. OBJ's yardage per game and TD production so far (first 5 years) is pretty much unprecented in NFL history, though his era probably skews the numbers to his favor against guys who started their careers 15+ years ago.

Personally, I’m not interested in OBJ.  And, from what I know about Ballard, I doubt that he would be.  That sounds more like a Grigson move.

The interesting question, to me, is just how much Jacoby is worth on the trade market.  How is he seen by GMs and coaches around the league?  As a really good backup?  As a middling starting QB?  As a gamble with a high ceiling?  Somebody caught in between?

I think he’s too good to be trapped on our bench for his career.  But I’m not sure he’s worth as much as Irsay seems to think he is.

5 hours ago, Rackeen305 said:

Sticking to WR, If there were a WR that warrants 2 first rounders, I would go with:

• *Julio Jones - 1A
  • *Antonio Brown - 1B

I would give up 2 first for these guys as the league has changed more to favor offense. And these 2 WRs are the best IMO. 

For anyone saying no one is worth two 1st round picks, I have a question. Is any 1st round pick selected from 9-32 a guaranteed lock to be a  Pro Bowler? No. So if you have a player of AB or JJ caliber (ALL PROs), why aren't they worth it? especially considering these guys score points for you.

What about adam T. from vikings

18 minutes ago, Tombstone said:

Let just say they are look to draft a QB with that 1st pick, just saying, who is there that will better than Brisset....

There will be plenty. Brissett doesn’t have a very high ceiling, but could be exactly what the giants need. They just need someone to be safe with the ball, And to get it to their playmakers.