Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Unrest in Steel City?

PrincetonTiger

4 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

I took a look out the window and it all seems pretty peaceful?

Seriously, I could see an implosion if the team goes 0-3 or 0-4. Big Ben isn't what I'd call a erm motivational leader. The Bell holdout is looking more of a big deal with each L.  

From what I read Big Ben or his people said that he got AB paid and AB would be an average player without him and at least AB clapped back

23 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Several tweets from AB and football insiders including Josh Wilson

Clapped back is a synonym for retort 

That was a joke.

Also in case anyone wanted additional info, a former Steelers PR person tweeted out that Brown should be grateful to Ben for getting him his contract, to which Brown replied with a trade me tweet.

2 hours ago, bluebombers87 said:

That was a joke.

Also in case anyone wanted additional info, a former Steelers PR person tweeted out that Brown should be grateful to Ben for getting him his contract, to which Brown replied with a trade me tweet.

Oh great...the Patriots are gonna get AB too? Hahaha.... just kidding. But if AB were to be traded....

***BREAKING NEWS***

Pats Trade Gordon and a 7th rounder for Antonio Brown... Big Ben says “I made Brown and I’ll make Gordon great again!” Steeler team says Brown was a bad teammate and will never last in New England.

lmao  I kid guys but all Brown said after the guy tweeted that Big Ben made him (that’s hog wash) was trade me and find out then..he wasn’t asking for a trade lol 

1 hour ago, JimJaime said:

***BREAKING NEWS***

Pats Trade Gordon and a 7th rounder for Antonio Brown... Big Ben says “I made Brown and I’ll make Gordon great again!” Steeler team says Brown was a bad teammate and will never last in New England.

lmao  I kid guys but all Brown said after the guy tweeted that Big Ben made him (that’s hog wash) was trade me and find out then..he wasn’t asking for a trade lol 

That is why I added the ?

Mike Tomlin is allowing this team to implode.  He should be fired.  And I'm a Tomlin fan (sort of) but this team is undisciplined and everything from the outside comes in and tears them apart.  

Plus AB isn't asking for a trade he was just retorting with sarcasm.  If AB leaves Pitt they will be worse than the Cleveland Browns.  He pretty much carries the team right now with how terrible Ben has been throwing and how up and down the defense is. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, John Waylon said:

Brown skips meetings the same day he tweets “trade me”?

I’m not all that hot to land Bell, but Andrew Luck, TY Hilton, and Antonio Brown?

giphy.gif

I’m with you.

And TY, AB, and AL would be quite the bromance. 

11 hours ago, John Waylon said:

Brown skips meetings the same day he tweets “trade me”?

I’m not all that hot to land Bell, but Andrew Luck, TY Hilton, and Antonio Brown?

giphy.gif

I don't see it happ'nin, but him and TY are already fast friends from their old neighborhood I guess.

I like HC Mike Tomlin & I don't think he's lost the locker room yet, but Antonio Brown needs to be reigned in a little bit. Look, I get that today's WRs prefer self promotion & a social media brand name so they have career options after football is over, but Mike has got to remind the men he commands what their goal is: Beating NE so they can win another Lombardi Trophy.

Any distraction can derail that. I'm still stunned that the Steelers locker room went after Bell publicly regarding his money/contract. What the hades? You never criticize a teammate over money.

Pittsburgh is usually a focused franchise & they look fractured right now.

3 hours ago, GoPats said:

"Players' coaches" (guys who go easy on them) are great when teams are winning. But when things go badly, that's when the problems crop up and the egos emerge. 

Hey there GP,

You know how much I respect you man, but I need to ask you a serious question: BB wasn't looked upon fondly when he was losing games in Cleveland until he landed in Massachusetts & started winning games with Bledsoe & Brady. Doesn't either approach, a strict one or a relaxed fall on deaf ears if your team is still losing & in the doldrums?

Like I always tell ya bro, I have the ut most respect for what Bill did in NY as the DC. I will never slam the guy or his football IQ. I'm a little worried about his defensive prowess taking a slight hit after the Philly SB though. I'm not saying BB is done, just this: When your calling card is defense & that facet of your game isn't what it once was--Admirers of his previous SBs notice that's all.

On 9/18/2018 at 3:39 PM, CamMo said:

I’m with you.

And TY, AB, and AL would be quite the bromance. 

Actually, if by some miracle Antonio Brown did become available for us & the numbers worked out financially, our locker room is strong enough to accept AB into the blue horseshoe fold.

Plus, AB knows Luck can sling the rock so he'd get his touches & AB knows where & when to lay down in soft zones for easy completions under QB pressure.

Not saying we'd ever land him. Just that this experiment would work & pay dividants.

3 hours ago, GoPats said:

"Players' coaches" (guys who go easy on them) are great when teams are winning. But when things go badly, that's when the problems crop up and the egos emerge. 

It goes bad either way of the team isn't winning.   Mangini was known for being hard nosed,   how did that work out?

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, LockeDown said:

It doesn’t matter. In the end, their GM has decided offense is more important than defense and I don’t think they win another Super Bowl until they change that.  In fact, they can’t seem to get to the SB anymore. 

This is an odd critique? 

The GM in Pitt has prioritized the defense immensely...  The last 6 drafts have had a defensive player taken in the first round.  

IMO the issue in Pitt isn't the GM nor the players its the coaches.  The defense they run is a dated scheme that needs to get with the times.  They need to empower the premium athletes they have in the front 7 instead of try and always prevent the big play.  Plus Tomlin doesn't seem to be the coach to maximize the talent they have.  That is why they always lose to NE.  Brady chews that zone scheme every time and they are so risk adverse its  such a waste with the talent they have. 

2 hours ago, Surge89 said:

This is an odd critique? 

The GM in Pitt has prioritized the defense immensely...  The last 6 drafts have had a defensive player taken in the first round.  

IMO the issue in Pitt isn't the GM nor the players its the coaches.  The defense they run is a dated scheme that needs to get with the times.  They need to empower the premium athletes they have in the front 7 instead of try and always prevent the big play.  Plus Tomlin doesn't seem to be the coach to maximize the talent they have.  That is why they always lose to NE.  Brady chews that zone scheme every time and they are so risk adverse its  such a waste with the talent they have. 

It’s not an odd critique. They won Super Bowls with Tomlin. The issue is they used to have Lebeau and they drafted stars on defense.  Haven’t been the same since.  

10 hours ago, rock8591 said:

Seems like every diva in the NFL and college football is a RB or WR.

Never seen a Center or NT be a diva or badboy. Or a long snapper.

There have been Several in the past but they weren’t worthy of stories

Brown was responding to someone who said he was nothing without BB

Most people would respond th3 same way

6 hours ago, LockeDown said:

It’s not an odd critique. They won Super Bowls with Tomlin. The issue is they used to have Lebeau and they drafted stars on defense.  Haven’t been the same since.  

Very similar schemes

They have suffered from guys who didn’t live up to the hype

Butler coached in Pitt since 2003

15 hours ago, southwest1 said:

Hey there GP,

You know how much I respect you man, but I need to ask you a serious question: BB wasn't looked upon fondly when he was losing games in Cleveland until he landed in Massachusetts & started winning games with Bledsoe & Brady. Doesn't either approach, a strict one or a relaxed fall on deaf ears if your team is still losing & in the doldrums?

Like I always tell ya bro, I have the ut most respect for what Bill did in NY as the DC. I will never slam the guy or his football IQ. I'm a little worried about his defensive prowess taking a slight hit after the Philly SB though. I'm not saying BB is done, just this: When your calling card is defense & that facet of your game isn't what it once was--Admirers of his previous SBs notice that's all.

It's tough to judge Belichick based on what happened in Cleveland... he had that team in a pretty good spot when the move to Baltimore was announced. They were a playoff team the year prior (they actually beat the Patriots in Foxboro to advance) and I'm not sure that anyone could have done much better in what was sort of a no-win situation. 

I'm not trying to defend him or his style... if forced to choose, I'm in the Brady camp when it comes to the Brady/Belichick "who made who?" debate. But Cleveland was doing pretty well under his watch before the bombshell got dropped on the city. 

14 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

It goes bad either way of the team isn't winning.   Mangini was known for being hard nosed,   how did that work out?

That's true. A lot of coaches try to be tough but it doesn't work if the results aren't there to back it up. If you're getting screamed at in practice and still losing games on Sunday, players won't buy in to what you're doing.