Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What will be the Colts regular season record for 2018. After 1 game.

Myles

What will be the Colts regular season record for the 2018 season? (after week 1 loss)  

51 members have voted

1. 1. What will be the Colts regular season record for the 2018 season? (after week 1 loss)

• 13-3 to 15-1
    • 10-6 to 12-4
    • 7-9 to 9-7
    • 4-12 to 6-10
    • 0-16 to 3-13

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/16/2018 at 12:13 AM

the only team i see us beating is buffalo and that will be tough 1 win 15 losses too many below average players on our team and several draft picks are playing below average some draft picks wont be here next season draft picks are a crapshoot and we have too many unproven picks who are not panning out

I think 7-9 is the floor and 11-5 is the ceiling.  It sucked to lose that first game, but I liked what I saw from the offense, o-line etc as well as stretches from the D.  I think the D was ranked 14th after week 1.  I think putting together full games consistently will go a long ways.  2.5 quarters isn't going to cut it.  Big game Sunday at Washington.  I thought if they could start 2-3 or better they'd have a chance at 9 or 10 wins.  @Eagles, vs Texans @Pats is a tough stretch.  The stretch in November with 3 straight home games could be huge.  It's week 1, I am not going to overreact so we'll see how the next few weeks go.  This team always starts slow it seems.  I believe they've won 1 season opener since Luck has been there.  Hopefully that changes soon.  

5 hours ago, RollerColt said:

I'm still expecting the 7-9 to 9-7 latitude. I think we may play the role of upsetting playoff caliber teams later this season, which will be fun. 

I have to disagree...just on a personal preference..but I don't get much enjoyment in the Colts being out of it late in the season but winning meaningless games. If the Colts are going to be bad, then be bad and get something out of it (next year's 1st round has potential HOF talent in it). I just have no interest in winning 6-8 games...especially if a couple of them come at the end of the season. 

5 hours ago, DougDew said:

I'm still saying 6 wins.

That's where I have been at...5-6 wins. But that was partly predicated on the fact they were playing the awful (outside of NE) AFC East. The NYJ didn't look so awful last night...and the Colts don't play MIA until week 12...so who knows what the teams in that game will look like.

Another part of that was winning against WAS. But they didn't look too bad either. So that game is up in the air at this point. Definitely need to win though.

Interestingly, the Colts play 5/6 division games in the last 8 games. Lots of chances to gain games on division opponents. In any other year, I would love that set up...but I don't think they can take advantage of it this year (the argument of whether they could have been put in a better position to do so has beaten to death). And if the record is bad at that point  in the season (like really bad)...I don't think they will win many of them. 

I am fine with that though...as long as Luck stays healthy and some of the young guys take steps forward. Had they pulled out the CIN win, then expectations would have shifted somewhat. Same thing can happen in the next two weeks as well. If this team beats PHI (like when the 2012 beat GB)...then it's on again. Gotta take it one week at a time though.

i'll put us at 3-5  for the first half of the season considering the tough schedule

after that we have some very winnable games, but probably wont get all of them.  others are going to see us as a winnable game too.  hard to predict the giants and cowboys games right now

ill say 6-10, the defense and running game are not good enough to win consistently yet 

I think that the Colts offense is very good, and the Colts defense is very bad.

The argument for the Colts defense not being very bad is that we held Dalton to below 250 yards passing, and held Mixon to below 100 yards passing.

Here is the flip side:

1. The Colts had 82 offensive plays to Cincy's 55. With only 55 offensive plays, the Bengals still had the lead in the 4th quarter, going on to win.

2. Dalton had a 75% completion percentage. The Colts defense did not affect him much. Sure, Hunt got his sacks, but overall, Dalton had a 75% completion percentage and 2 TDs.

3. Dalton didn't pass for over 250 yards, but he had 28 attempts, compared to Luck's 53. He simply did not have enough attempts to break 300 yards passing.

4. Mixon rushed for 95 yards on 5.6 ypc, and 1 TD. Mixon didn't break 100 yards rushing because he didn't have enough carries.

5. The Colts offense is ranked #1 in third down conversion, at 64.71%

Source: https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/third-down-conversion-pct

This greatly helped the Colts defense by keeping the Bengals offense off of the field.

Overall, the defense did not play well. They created turnovers, which was great. But for the most part, the Bengals dominated the Colts defense in both passing and rushing. It's logical to think that the defense will not continue to benefit from such a lopsided time of possession by the Colts offense.

I' thinking 6 wins.

I don't know, this forum has me totally confused on what to think. One week the Colts have a lot of depth and players battling it out for starting jobs. Then we have no depth and the talent level isn't there as a whole. After this game a lot seem more excited and that the Colts will be fun to watch. Guess with a young team its to be expected and will be a roller coaster of a season. Call me a tanker if ya will, with 100mil+ salary cap surplus (and a lack of free agent moves this year) Ballard has his eye on drafting early again and building the core with elite talent next year. my guess 4-12 or 5-11 this year   

1 hour ago, SOMDColtsfan said:

I don't know, this forum has me totally confused on what to think. One week the Colts have a lot of depth and players battling it out for starting jobs. Then we have no depth and the talent level isn't there as a whole. After this game a lot seem more excited and that the Colts will be fun to watch. Guess with a young team its to be expected and will be a roller coaster of a season. Call me a tanker if ya will, with 100mil+ salary cap surplus (and a lack of free agent moves this year) Ballard has his eye on drafting early again and building the core with elite talent next year. my guess 4-12 or 5-11 this year   

Don't overcomplicate it. They lost to the Bengals at home and blew a 23-10 lead. All you need to know . Look at that schedule too . 

• 1 month later...

Hmmm, I didn't vote on this, don't know why...but in full disclosure my fan optimism would probably went with 9-7/ 10-6 range optimism at the start of the season, after 3 games I would have probably still felt optimism as I thought 8-8 and competitive every week was going to be the high water mark....at 1-5, I have adjusted my thought process to 6-10 being the high water mark, and I am ambivalent with that result.......it would be an improvement over last year, but not as much of an improvement as I would have hoped for.....

Didn't vote but I had the Colts at 6-8 wins, so I probably would've taken the middle option. I oversetimated the impact of getting Luck back and underestimated how much our WRs besides TY suck and we've yet again struggled with injuries. I still think we can finish in the 6-8W range because we don't play really good teams anymore. Our division rivals, NYG, DAL, OAK, MIA and BUF today.. Only MIA is above 0.500 and they are pretty flawed team. I wouldn't put any of those teams in the top dozen this year.