Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew Luck

NannyMcafee

4 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

1.   This is the NFL.  Of course the two best players on their offense are going to put up some stats.  But we held them each to <100 yds and only one TD, which is pretty impressive for a new defense starting multiple rookies.

2.  I saw Dalton under a lot of pressure in the pocket (thank you Margus Hunt), and he threw for <250 yds, so its not like he went off on our secondary...  

To play devil's advocate:

1. The Colts had 82 offensive plays to Cincy's 55. Mixon was held below 100 yards simply because he didn't have enough carries. Coming into the 4th quarter, he was averaging 7.8 ypc and finished the game with 5.6 ypc. The defense didn't stop him as much as the Colts offense kept him off of the field.

2. Dalton finished with a 75% completion percentage. 75%! He wasn't under a lot of pressure. He got sacked a few times, but for the most part, the Colts defense did nothing to affect him. He threw for under 250 yards simply because he had 28 attempts to Luck's 53. 

Overall, the Colts offense was great at converting 3rd downs and keeping the ball, thus keeping Cincy's offense off of the field.

• Like 4

On 9/10/2018 at 12:15 PM, Jared Cisneros said:

The Bengals (in pokemon terms for me), would be like losing to a kid who just turned 15 and entered the 15+ age group. They are the third best team in their division (in all likelyhood), and we made their best players look like stars with no resistance. The offense was better than I thought, and we used them somewhat creatively, but Mixon decimated the D-Line, and the Bengals had a lot of big plays against us. 

Imagine what teams with elite QBs and RBs can do against us if we are struggling against the Bengals. Not the best start to the season. At least Luck looks like he shook off the rust early.

Do you still think the Bengals are a Pokemon team?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Do you still think the Bengals are a Pokemon team?

I think you use hindsight well, which is pretty ironic, because it's something you trash other posters for doing on here (actually all you do is trash other posters here, as you admitted you don't say you agree with anyone as that's a waste of time to you). Trolly trolly troll. That's all you are, here to start arguments on the Colts forums.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I think you use hindsight well, which is pretty ironic, because it's something you trash other posters for doing on here (actually all you do is trash other posters here, as you admitted you don't say you agree with anyone as that's a waste of time to you). Trolly trolly troll. That's all you are, here to start arguments on the Colts forums.

So no on the Pokemon thing?

4 minutes ago, GusFring said:

I still can't get over that int. And the Bengals dropped 2 before he got going on that final drive. He is still way too careless at times. 

Sounds like you want him to be perfect LOL, guess what nobody is. Before Rodgers even got injured in his game he played like crap in the entire 1st Qtr and he's the best QB in the league. Only reason why nobody brings that up is his team won, his Receiver didn't fumble at the end, he caught the ball and ran for a 50 Yard TD.

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

So no on the Pokemon thing?

Caught with your hand in the cookie jar huh? Trying to sweep what I said under the rug? Are your friends and family not talking to you? Did they need a break from you? Go talk to someone who wants something to do with you and I'll play the Jvan game. I'll admit I'm wrong about the Bengals, when you admit I'm right about you. You won't tear me down, middle aged miserable man.

• Like 1

On 9/10/2018 at 6:24 PM, Flash7 said:

To play devil's advocate:

1. The Colts had 82 offensive plays to Cincy's 55. Mixon was held below 100 yards simply because he didn't have enough carries. Coming into the 4th quarter, he was averaging 7.8 ypc and finished the game with 5.6 ypc. The defense didn't stop him as much as the Colts offense kept him off of the field.

2. Dalton finished with a 75% completion percentage. 75%! He wasn't under a lot of pressure. He got sacked a few times, but for the most part, the Colts defense did nothing to affect him. He threw for under 250 yards simply because he had 28 attempts to Luck's 53. 

Overall, the Colts offense was great at converting 3rd downs and keeping the ball, thus keeping Cincy's offense off of the field.

It is going to be a case of the offense protecting the defense throughout the year as the growing pains are endured on D first. These statistics reflect that. It is a complementary game anyways, one side helping the other out. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I just read the entire thread (haven't opened it before). Good gosh :D

Jared, I like you, you are a honest person, usually it's a fun to read your thoughts. But sometimes you can go soo off with jour judgement, and then you keep holding on your false statements for soo long, that it's even funnier. :D

Wouldn't it be much easier to just admit, that you mis judged the Bengals, they are actually a decent team? It's not a big deal. :D

• Like 3

On ‎9‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 12:15 PM, Jared Cisneros said:

The Bengals (in pokemon terms for me), would be like losing to a kid who just turned 15 and entered the 15+ age group. They are the third best team in their division (in all likelyhood), and we made their best players look like stars with no resistance. The offense was better than I thought, and we used them somewhat creatively, but Mixon decimated the D-Line, and the Bengals had a lot of big plays against us. 

Imagine what teams with elite QBs and RBs can do against us if we are struggling against the Bengals. Not the best start to the season. At least Luck looks like he shook off the rust early.

I think you are way over looking the Bengals.  This is not the old Bengals your daddy grew up with. :D

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 1:07 PM, Four2itus said:

It is great to see the beginnings of a well constructed team. It was fun!

Well we lost so the sky is falling don't you know?

For the first game of the season I thought the Colts did fine. We started 5 rookies I think and pretty much made the mistakes that most teams make their first game.  Some have absolutely no patience and can't take away anything positive just because we lost.

This was the first game not only for a lot of players but for the whole coaching staff as well. All I can say is I seen a lot of improvement over last season so I am not going to rag on them at all.

Things will get better.

• Like 3

The thing that worries me is just how well we did on 3rd down and even got a few turnovers and we still lost.  In my opinion that shows that our talent level still lacks and that means we are going to have to play as well as we can every single week in order to compete. We don’t have the talent to take games off and still win, we will have to scratch and claw for every single victory. 

• Like 1

On 9/10/2018 at 8:27 AM, pgt_rob said:

Now all of the Castonzo haters know how a game goes without him. He's much more valuable than some think. 

Being a realist is one thing, Being a hater is another. Understanding that AC is NOT one of the "better" LT in the league is being a realist, And knowing that AC is the best LT the Colts has is being a realist. Just because he is OK for the Colts doesn't make him the Walter Jones/Jonathan Ogden of the league. If you get my rational.

Personally, I think he is "mediocre" until a better LT is drafted or traded for.

6 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Well we lost so the sky is falling don't you know?

For the first game of the season I thought the Colts did fine. We started 5 rookies I think and pretty much made the mistakes that most teams make their first game.  Some have absolutely no patience and can't take away anything positive just because we lost.

This was the first game not only for a lot of players but for the whole coaching staff as well. All I can say is I seen a lot of improvement over last season so I am not going to rag on them at all.

Things will get better.

Exactly, INDY moved the ball well on offense--Throws to Grant, Ebron, Hilton. Hunt sacking Dalton. We were solid on 3rd down conversions in the 2nd half. Luck has a pocket now. Let me say that again...Luck has a pocket now. I was amazed how good we actually looked in week 1.

• Like 1

On 9/10/2018 at 12:00 PM, Jared Cisneros said:

Mixon had his way with us, 17 carries for 95 yards. 5.5 yards per carry. 5 receptions for 54 yards as well. Green did his usual thing. 6 receptions for 92 yards and a td. Our running game was nonexistent, Luck started out slow and we only scored 3 points in the first quarter. 

This was only the Bengals, mind you. Andy Dalton and a young offense had their way with us. I was expecting the defense to do better than this. We put up no resistance against them. Like I said above, imagine when we play teams with elite QBs and RBs. This was a winnable game, and we made it look very difficult. I guess I was expecting more from coach Reich. I'll give it 3 more weeks before judging though.

And Dalton had his way even more with the Ravens defense, which is, and has been better than our defense. I know you posted this before the Thursday game, but I’d say it’s safe to say that the Bengals are being overlooked this year

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Rackeen305 said:

Being a realist is one thing, Being a hater is another. Understanding that AC is NOT one of the "better" LT in the league is being a realist, And knowing that AC is the best LT the Colts has is being a realist. Just because he is OK for the Colts doesn't make him the Walter Jones/Jonathan Ogden of the league. If you get my rational.

Personally, I think he is "mediocre" until a better LT is drafted or traded for.

No, being a realist is knowing that AC is one of the better LTs in the league.  You not only drink the kool aid of false information but mix the pitcher as well.  Get your rational?  No, because it's not rational.

Yes it took him a couple of years to be good but in 2014 he was rated the 6th best in the league. In 2015 he suffered a knee injury and still was rated #13.

So don't let these facts get in the way of your narrative.

On 9/10/2018 at 4:43 AM, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I wouldn't call losing a home game by 11 to the bengals 'fun' but glad you enjoyed it.

We gad the game comfortably in our grasp until a defender made a great play over Doyle making a great play for the 1st.

we REALLY lost by 4 in my eyes, with a real good shot at the win if not for a fluke-ish play.

And this against (as we saw Thursday) againstva SOLID Bengals team:

and this with 3 rookie LBs, 2 safeties who didnt play last year, and a CB with one hand for God's sake.  Oh, and basically 3rd string Ts and a QB who hasnt seen action in 2 years.  Did i mention ALL new coaches and schemes?

I'd say for the 1st game,under those curcumstances, the boys did alright, especially in the 1st half:

if Doyle holds onto that ball, i think we drive in an win.

8 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

We gad the game comfortably in our grasp until a defender made a great play over Doyle making a great play for the 1st.

we REALLY lost by 4 in my eyes, with a real good shot at the win if not for a fluke-ish play.

and this with 3 rookie LBs, 2 safeties who didnt play last year, and a CB with one hand for God's sake.  Oh, and basically 3rd string Ts and a QB who hasnt seen action in 2 years.  Did i mention ALL new coaches and schemes?

I'd say for the 1st game,under those curcumstances, the boys did alright, especially in the 1st half:

Alot of times some people just look at the final score and say we got blown out or lost by double digits. Just like SB 44, we lost 31-17 but had the ball late only down 24-17 with a chance to tie the game. So that score was a bit deceiving, the game wasn't a blow out in reality. On Sunday we could've easily won at the end.

2 hours ago, Cynjin said:

@jvan1973 does a lot more than criticize posters, it's just that @Jared Cisneros invites some of the criticisms with some of his crazy posts, conspiracy theories, comparing NFL football to Pokemon, Madden football, hot takes on players etc.  Like @Peterk2011 posted it would be a lot easier if he would just say that he was wrong about the Bengals.

I have no problem admitting I'm wrong about something. I have a problem admitting I'm wrong with that person's sole purpose on this forum is to call out other's mistakes. When he says a comment like agreeing with people is a waste of time, why would I take someone like that seriously? I may make hot takes, but that's part of being a fan and a human. I can do that if I want as long as I provide logic to my opinion. 

I could honestly pick apart any poster on here for being wrong about things regularly, even Superman. It's going to happen. We don't need someone on this board telling everyone how wrong they are everytime they make a mistake or a wrong prediction. That's the definition of a troll whether he's technically right or not when he does it. Maybe if he treated people with respect on here when they are right or actually talked Colts football, it wouldn't of bothered me so much, but I never even see him do that.

He just waits for someone to say something that turns out to be wrong, and starts a confrontation with them. Rinse and repeat. The shtick gets old after a while. I may be wrong about a lot of things, but I'm very honest and try to get along with everyone here and talk about the Colts as much as I can.

20 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

Can we try not to derail the topic please people. I’ve already had to start taking down posts and the people involved should know better by now.

Good luck with that.

14 minutes ago, Aluckiswolverine said:

Came to the thread thinking it was new Andrew Luck info. Nope just another thread derailed by the usual folks. 

Derailed by the resident "experts"

On 9/15/2018 at 1:40 AM, WoolMagnet said:

Yea but due to that loss if we lose today 0 and 5 is likely

6 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Yea but due to that loss if we lose today 0 and 5 is likely

Yeah we really have to win today and we have to beat Houston in Week 4 so we Do not dig ourselves a huge hole. I don't see us beating Philly or the Pats. If we can be 2-3 through 5 games we will be ok + have a win over Houston. Our schedule eases up a bit after we play the Pats in Week 5.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah we really have to win today and we have to beat Houston in Week 4 so we Do not dig ourselves a huge hole. I don't see us beating Philly or the Pats. If we can be 2-3 through 5 games we will be ok + have a win over Houston. Our schedule eases up a bit after we play the Pats in Week 5.

If we lose today 0 and 5 is very likely. Though itd be funny if we did and then went 3 and 0 versus eagles texans and pats.

On 9/10/2018 at 2:38 PM, Steamboat_Shaun said:

They're gonna do that to most teams they play against. AJ Green is elite, John Ross is starting to look like he was worth that 1st round pick, Eifert, when healthy, is as reliable as they come, & Mixon is every bit as good as advertised.

And I don't really know what more you expected from Reich, for the majority of the game, he was coaching circles around Marvin Lewis, but in the end, the Bengals were the more talented team. They have polished, veteran experience at all the positions that we have rookies & 2nd year players, particularly on the defensive side of the ball, & that ended up making a huge difference, especially in the 2nd half.

Reading through the forums all summer I was under the impression that most saw us in a rebuild. I mean most were saying 8-8 or perhaps even a losing record. The Bengals have some very good core pieces and one of the best D-lines in football. I was ecstatic that we played as well as we did considering all the changes. The oline had some hiccups but we were patchwork without Costanzo and the interior held up really well. Reich coached a really good game and I only faulted him on the FG but after rewatching it's kind of a 50/50 gut call. The defense has some areas of concern but also some really bright spots. Leonard is going to be a star once he gets some experience. That guy is always in on play. Defense swarming to the ball. All good things. The safeties had some cringe moments but Hooker in my eyes is still technically a rookie and Geathers is who he has always been, Great box safety but suspect in coverage. I think swapping Farley and Geathers would be greatly beneficial. Especially if you're going with a two high look. Geathers has the size to play OLB and can cover the TE but doesn't have the coverage skills to go against a 1 or true 2 wideout-e.g., tackling Green before the ball got there. Our number 1 corner had a boot on his hand for goodness sakes. This defense is young, I mean first day of preschool young. I'll go ahead and say it I think in a year or two we could be really good.:peek: Especially if we go defense heavy this draft. I got on here fully expecting to see some positive comments, the offense in particular. Andrew was rusty but shook it off in a big way. He looked more comfortable than I've seen him since Arians was in the building. The quick hitter TD to Hilton was impressive. He utilized everyone and when Mack comes back those screens will be a lot more productive and so will the running game. We are rebuilding but we have a lot of reasons for optimism. Even if some can't or won't see it.

23 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I have no problem admitting I'm wrong about something. I have a problem admitting I'm wrong with that person's sole purpose on this forum is to call out other's mistakes. When he says a comment like agreeing with people is a waste of time, why would I take someone like that seriously? I may make hot takes, but that's part of being a fan and a human. I can do that if I want as long as I provide logic to my opinion. 

Jared, you took that response too seriously. C'mon, you called the Bengals a team in their puberty, what did you expect after they beat the Ravens? He asked if you still think the Bengals is a Pokemon teen team? Honestly, that is the question I would've asked, if I read your post earlier. :) Because that's the one logical question to ask. ;)

(Btw, your Pokemon metaphor was spot on .... just not regarding the Bengals, but .... the Colts lol. :D  Really. The youngest roster not counting Vinatieri, an all rookie LB corp, an almost rookie secondary, a very young oline, rookie backfield, etc. This team looks indeed like a teenager in his puberty. :D )

• Like 1

On 9/15/2018 at 12:27 AM, crazycolt1 said:

No, being a realist is knowing that AC is one of the better LTs in the league.  You not only drink the kool aid of false information but mix the pitcher as well.  Get your rational?  No, because it's not rational.

Yes it took him a couple of years to be good but in 2014 he was rated the 6th best in the league. In 2015 he suffered a knee injury and still was rated #13.

So don't let these facts get in the way of your narrative.

So if AC is decent or better than decent, How many pro bowls has AC gone to since entering the NFL?....Ill wait... No Kool-Aid required. Im still waiting for you to name the year in which AC went to the pro bowl. Even as an alternate. TY has been there, Luck has been there, even Ex colt Vantae Davis made the pro bowl. So when did AC make the pro bowl, never mind an All-Pro, Just the pro bowl.? waiting.... (crickets.....)

16 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

You should quit while you’re behind.  

This is a terrible look for you.   Crickets and all.

Ballard has said Castonzo is good.   Playing the best ball of his career.   PFF says he’s one if the best lineman in football.

Those arguments are much more powerful than Pro Bowls and All-Pros.

The ship sailed a long time ago on whether or not AC is good.   If you’re not on board, then you’re uninformed.

No you are not quoting PFF numbers as the be all and final decision on whether a player is good not not. BTW PFF had the Colts selecting CB Josh Jackson IOWA as their first pick in the draft instead of Q.Nelson.

Furthermore, it looks like you and your other friend quit along time ago attempting to name 1, just 1 year that AC made the Pro Bowl. Those numbers are the final decision that matters, not PFF. lol

Im still hearing crickets....But AC is one of the  "Better LTs in the league". 

Sounds to me that you and PFF are listening to "Alternative Facts". Oh yea, What year was it that AC made the Pro Bowl? If you dont know, Go and ask PFF? They might tell you it was 2017.

27 minutes ago, Rackeen305 said:

No you are not quoting PFF numbers as the be all and final decision on whether a player is good not not. BTW PFF had the Colts selecting CB Josh Jackson IOWA as their first pick in the draft instead of Q.Nelson.

Furthermore, it looks like you and your other friend quit along time ago attempting to name 1, just 1 year that AC made the Pro Bowl. Those numbers are the final decision that matters, not PFF. lol

Im still hearing crickets....But AC is one of the  "Better LTs in the league". 

Sounds to me that you and PFF are listening to "Alternative Facts". Oh yea, What year was it that AC made the Pro Bowl? If you dont know, Go and ask PFF? They might tell you it was 2017.

If course...    you missed the part where I noted that Chris Ballard— heard of him? — he’s the GM,  he says AC is very good.   Playing the best ball of his career.    THAT  confirms what PFF is telling you whether you choose to believe it or not.

As for PFF, I’m not a big fan of their draft work.   But I do like most of their work on game day grades.  And considering they’re used by all 32 NFL teams their view carries weight.

So again, you’re arguments don’t add up.    Look, you’re entitled to your opinion, but the facts from the most informed people in the business say you’re wrong.

8 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

If course...    you missed the kart where I muted that Chrus Ballard— heard of him? — he’s the GM,  he says AC is very good.   Playing the best ball of his career.    THAT  confirms what PFF is telling you whether you choose to believe it or not.

As for PFF, I’m not a big fan if their draft work.   But I do like most if their work on game day grades.  And considering they’re used by all 32 NFL teams their view carries weight.

So again, you’re arguments don’t add up.    Look, you’re entitled to your opinion, but the facts from the most informed people in the business say you’re wrong.

wait. so a gm said a player is good. So that means the player is good? According to you yes. GM Grigs said Dorsett and Werner were good players, were they? Maybe not for this team lol. 

You are funny, But you might degrade me with foul talk, But you still haven't answered my question, What year did AC make the Pro Bowl? How many years has AC been in the league?

BTW, of course, a GM or Coach will say that their player is good. They are on the same team, or maybe you failed to realize the obvious. (crickets again...)

So please tell me what other PFF stats you have that will prove AC is any good? lol