Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew Luck

NannyMcafee

1 minute ago, Rackeen305 said:

wait. so a gm said a player is good. So that means the player is good? According to you yes. GM Grigs said Dorsett and Werner were good players, were they? Maybe not for this team lol. 

You are funny, But you might degrade me with foul talk, But you still haven't answered my question, What year did AC make the Pro Bowl? How many years has AC been in the league?

BTW, of course, a GM or Coach will say that their player is good. They are on the same team, or maybe you failed to realize the obvious. (crickets again...)

So please tell me what other PFF stats you have that will prove AC is any good? lol

I don’t care about pro bowls...  never have.   And if you knew what you were talking about, you wouldn’t either.

As for Dorsett and Werner, people said they were good when they were drafted, not afterwards.    Ballard is saying this about AC in his 8th year.  I’m sure even you can see the difference between the two.

And if Ballard didn’t believe in AC he could have easily cut him.   We’re in the middle of a rebuild, so now would be the time to cut him loose.  But his actions match his words.   He keeps AC, he praises AC.   

Again...   the most informed people in the industry say AC is good.    It’s only a select group of fans that care more about opinions than facts that say otherwise.

NOTE:  sorry about so many typos in the last post.   THAT was ridiculous!   My bad!      :facepalm:

6 minutes ago, Rackeen305 said:

What year did AC make the Pro Bowl?

This seems like a hollow argument, because only 3 guys from each conference are Pro-Bowl LTs each year.

Why do you think AC needs to be top-3-6 in the league?  Yeah it would be nice, but if he's top 10, even top 15, that is still pretty darn good.  And cheaper than having to pay a Pro-Bowl LT...  :scratch:

I know you aren't expecting every Colts starter to be a Pro-Bowler, so why does it matter if AC has been selected to a Pro-Bowl as long as he's still one of the better LTs in the league?

:dunno:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

This seems like a hollow argument, because only 3 guys from each conference are Pro-Bowl LTs each year.

Why do you think AC needs to be top-3-6 in the league?  Yeah it would be nice, but if he's top 10, even top 15, that is still pretty darn good.  And cheaper than having to pay a Pro-Bowl LT...  :scratch:

I know you aren't expecting every Colts starter to be a Pro-Bowler, so why does it matter if AC has been selected to a Pro-Bowl as long as he's still one of the better LTs in the league?

It appears that many have a problem with me calling an "Alright" LT "Mediocre". Why are so many Stans so salty? If its the truth then suck it up. AC is mediocre not great, not very good, MEDIOCRE! Did I say Luck is "Mediocre"? ok then so SUCK IT UP!

IF AC is great or better than average why hasn't he made any pro bowls? Not even as an alternate? Vontae Davis made the pro bowl as a Colt, even Antoine Bethea made the pro bowl. What happened to AC if he was better than average? Ok then so Suck It UP!

17 minutes ago, Rackeen305 said:

wait. so a gm said a player is good. So that means the player is good? According to you yes. GM Grigs said Dorsett and Werner were good players, were they? Maybe not for this team lol. 

You are funny, But you might degrade me with foul talk, But you still haven't answered my question, What year did AC make the Pro Bowl? How many years has AC been in the league?

BTW, of course, a GM or Coach will say that their player is good. They are on the same team, or maybe you failed to realize the obvious. (crickets again...)

So please tell me what other PFF stats you have that will prove AC is any good? lol

If you judge players by how many pro bowls they been to then I can't take your opinions about the NFL serious at all.  We all know the pro bowl is a popularity contest except for you evidently.

• Like 1

Just now, crazycolt1 said:

If you judge players by how many pro bowls they been to then I can't take your opinions about the NFL serious at all.  We all know the pro bowl is a popularity contest except for you evidently.

Dude, How many years has AC been in the league? Stop with the excuses already. Even Jack Conklin (Tenn OT) made the pro bowl. AS A ROOKIE! 

Stop it with the excuses AC had like 8+ years to make 1 pro bowl. Did he? NO! he is MEDIOCRE at best. So drop it. You lose!

6 minutes ago, Rackeen305 said:

Dude, How many years has AC been in the league? Stop with the excuses already. Even Jack Conklin (Tenn OT) made the pro bowl. AS A ROOKIE! 

Stop it with the excuses AC had like 8+ years to make 1 pro bowl. Did he? NO! he is MEDIOCRE at best. So drop it. You lose!

I lose? So that is all this is to you? 

No, you lost the second you said AC was no good.  You act like you are 12 years old.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Rackeen305 said:

It appears that many have a problem with me calling an "Alright" LT "Mediocre". Why are so many Stans so salty? If its the truth then suck it up. AC is mediocre not great, not very good, MEDIOCRE! Did I say Luck is "Mediocre"? ok then so SUCK IT UP!

IF AC is great or better than average why hasn't he made any pro bowls? Not even as an alternate? Vontae Davis made the pro bowl as a Colt, even Antoine Bethea made the pro bowl. What happened to AC if he was better than average? Ok then so Suck It UP!

In case you forgot, Joe Thomas, one of the best LTs EVER, has pretty much locked up the Pro-Bowl starting LT job every year of his career.

Being the 4th best LT behind guys like Joe Thomas, Tyron Smith, and Tayler Lewan doesn't make you "mediocre".  It means you're good, maybe great, but not elite.

14 minutes ago, Rackeen305 said:

Conklin is a RT.  Now you're doing apples/oranges.

What is your deal?  Did ANYONE declare AC the BEST LT in football?!?  No...

So why do you have a problem with placing him somewhere between average and elite?  He's not as good as Joe Thomas or Tyron Smith, but he definitely ain't trash...  I'd have been happier with him on the field the last 2 weeks... what about you?

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

You should quit while you’re behind.  

This is a terrible look for you.   Crickets and all.

Ballard has said Castonzo is good.   Playing the best ball of his career.   PFF says he’s one if the best lineman in football.

Those arguments are much more powerful than Pro Bowls and All-Pros.

The ship sailed a long time ago on whether or not AC is good.   If you’re not on board, then you’re uninformed.

My only problem with you as a Colts fan. You keep quoting PFF when it’s beneficial in an argument to you. Then the next week you’ll say PFF doesn’t matter. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, a06cc said:

My only problem with you as a Colts fan. You keep quoting PFF when it’s beneficial in an argument to you. Then the next week you’ll say PFF doesn’t matter. 

I don’t say it doesn’t matter.   I don’t think I’ve ever said they don’t matter.   I’ve said sometimes they make weird arguments.   

So,  for example...   they posted an article by someone who is not on their staff.   And this guy’s chart said it doesn’t matter the length of a lineman’s arms.   That was published about 3-4 years ago.    Except if you read PFF, if you follow PFF, their analysts are very much into and concerned with the length of arms.   So they don’t even seem to follow the article that they publish.

Just because I don’t like some parts of a website, doesn’t mean I can’t like  other parts.   Same with ESPN or NFL.com.

I try to determine what seems reasonable and fair and what doesn’t seem to add up for me.

I hope that explains my views and answers your question.   If you have other questions, please feel free to ask away.

6 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I don’t say it doesn’t matter.   I don’t think I’ve ever said they.   I’ve said sometimes they make weird arguments.   

So so for example...   they posted an article by. Someone who ys not in their staff.   And thus guy’s chart said it doesn’t matter the length of a lineman!s arms.   That was published about 3-4 years ago.    Except if you read PFF, if you follow PFF, their analysts are very much into and concerned with the length of arms.   So they don’t even seem to follow the article that they publish.

Jyst because I don’t like some karts if a website, doesn’t mean I can’t line other parts.   Same with ESPN or NFL.com.

I try to determine what seems reasonable and fair and what doesn’t seem to add up for me.

I hope that explains my views and answers your question.   If you have other questions, feel free to ask away.

PFF doesn’t understand play structures. It’s a flawed system. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, a06cc said:

I am pretty sure he said he likes their game day ratings.   He didn't say he agrees with them on much else.

13 minutes ago, a06cc said:

PFF doesn’t understand play structures. It’s a flawed system. 

I also think from time to time they fail to recognize that sometimes a guy who grades out as a good college player is just that --- a good college player.    But he's not going to be a very good NFL player.    He has talent limitations,  or skill limitations.    So, he's going to have a low ceiling.

And yet,  because he grades out high on the college level,  PFF pumps them up for the draft.   Makes me scratch my head.

27 minutes ago, AZColt11 said:

I don't think any of this is going to matter come next year's draft.  I'm betting Ballard finds another LT.

Not to hijack this thread, but I’d take that bet.

I think Ballard drafts a tackle next year...  but a RIGHT tackle.  (2nd round pick).    Then I see him drafting a left tackle with our first round pick in 2020 to replace AC.

AC has two more years on his deal.   If he stays healthy, then I think he plays out his contract.

Gentlman’s bet?

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

Not to hijack this thread, but I’d take that bet.

I think Ballard drafts a tackle next year...  but a RIGHT tackle.    Then I see him drafting a left tackle with our first round pick in 2020.

AC has two more years on his deal.   If he stays healthy, then I think he plays out his contract.

Gentlman’s bet?

OK sure.  But not for money, I'm broke right now!  

5 hours ago, Rackeen305 said:

Behave yourself...

I don’t think anyone who holds up one metric as a way to tell if a player is good or not is in a position to “win”. Pro Bowl appearances are about as meaningful as the game itself.

Nor was NCF saying PFF is the be all and end all, but add in that 3 FOs have seen him fit to be a starting LT, that our line looks a lot worse without him and I don’t think it’s a reach to say he’s at least solid. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Conklin is a RT.  Now you're doing apples/oranges.

What is your deal?  Did ANYONE declare AC the BEST LT in football?!?  No...

So why do you have a problem with placing him somewhere between average and elite?  He's not as good as Joe Thomas or Tyron Smith, but he definitely ain't trash...  I'd have been happier with him on the field the last 2 weeks... what about you?

Actually, You jumped in a convo between myself and someone else who said "AC is a better LT". So how do you feel entitled to call me about regarding a discussion which had nothing to do with you?

So then I ask you the same question that I posed to the original 2nd party which you still can't find the answer to.

I said the following colts has made the pro bowl (just to name a few): 

Antoine Bethea

Vintage Davis

TY

Luck

Of course Vinatieri 

I even believe Pat McAfee

AND NOT to mention Mathis and freeney, or Reggie or Harrison.,etc.

How many pro bowls has he made AC?

1 hour ago, Rackeen305 said:

Actually, You jumped in a convo between myself and someone else who said "AC is a better LT". So how do you feel entitled to call me about regarding a discussion which had nothing to do with you?

So then I ask you the same question that I posed to the original 2nd party which you still can't find the answer to.

Antoine Bethea

Vintage Davis

TY

Luck

Of course Vinatieri 

It’s a public forum for one so they’re “entitled” to comment as they wish.

I’m going to go with 0 pro bowls, but what has that got to do with assessing how good a player he is. Okay to be more fair, the raw volume of pro bowl selections is a really bad metric to get so hung up on.

It really is quite meaningless now.

I was drinking some apple juice last night, playing pool, and a guy, who is supposedly a Colts fan, started making fun of my Luck jersey...

He told me he doesn’t like Luck because “he stays in the pocket too long and throws way too many stupid passes.”

Some discussions aren’t worth having :sip:

Worth mentioning for anyone that doesn't understand the Pro Bowl voting process:

1/3 of the vote is fans

1/3 of the vote is players

1/3 of the vote is coaches

Knowing that - it means that 66% of a Pro Bowl players votes come from coaches and other players.

Its also worth noting that Pro Bowl selections ARE a factor weighed during the Hall of Fame selection process.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rackeen305 said:

Antoine Bethea

Vintage Davis

TY

Luck

Of course Vinatieri 

Uhhh... someone said AC was more valuable than some think and you responded with the "mediocre" post.  Why call AC mediocre in a PUBLIC forum if you don't want anybody responding to you?  :scratch:

AC is not mediocre, even if he never makes a Pro Bowl.

And for what it's worth, Jeff Saturday didn't make a Pro Bowl until his 7th season.  This is ACs 7th season.  Maybe now that Joe Thomas is retired, AC might actually make a Pro Bowl this year.

:thmup:

21 minutes ago, Mitch Connors said:

Worth mentioning for anyone that doesn't understand the Pro Bowl voting process:

1/3 of the vote is fans

Knowing that - it means that 66% of a Pro Bowl players votes come from coaches and other players.

Its also worth noting that Pro Bowl selections ARE a factor weighed during the Hall of Fame selection process.

Valid point. But so is the fact that fans likely vote for the guys on their team. Players choose their buddies as they have zero time to watch games other than the game film they have to digest. Coaches have even less time to watch other teams other than who they play and likely choose players they have had to game plan against...or players they have coached or are coaching. 

The number of times I have seen players not get the pro bowl nod when they were deserving, and a popular over the hill player  was chosen is epic. 

1 hour ago, SteelCityColt said:

It’s a public forum for one so they’re “entitled” to comment as they wish.

I’m going to go with 0 pro bowls, but what has that got to do with assessing how good a player he is. Okay to be more fair, the raw volume of pro bowl selections is a really bad metric to get so hung up on.

It really is quite meaningless now.

7 hours ago, SteelCityColt said:

Behave yourself...

I don’t think anyone who holds up one metric as a way to tell if a player is good or not is in a position to “win”. Pro Bowl appearances are about as meaningful as the game itself.

Nor was NCF saying PFF is the be all and end all, but add in that 3 FOs have seen him fit to be a starting LT, that our line looks a lot worse without him and I don’t think it’s a reach to say he’s at least solid. 

Timeout, lets go to the booth. Aren’t you the one telling me to “Behave myself”... Now you’re saying this is a public forum and folks are “entitled” to comment as they please....

I have NP with folks commenting as they please, just as long as I’m not restricted on how I say my peace. (I guarantee someone will call me out for “personal attacks” when I’m just defending a point of view)

moving forward, So I can say w.e. I want except that AC is “Mediocre” lol you guys make me laugh.

as a matter of fact, AC isn’t even Mediocre, he might me worse than mediocre. Ex OT Charlie Johnson is probably better than AC. As he never made the Pro Bowl and wasn’t drafted in the first round like AC. 

Let someone defend AC as more than mediocre and combat that with the fact that C.Johnson wasn’t a first round pick, yet C.Jonson didn’t get the Pay day that AC is getting.

14 minutes ago, Rackeen305 said:

Timeout, lets go to the booth. Aren’t you the one telling me to “Behave myself”... Now you’re saying this is a public forum and folks are “entitled” to comment as they please....

I have NP with folks commenting as they please, just as long as I’m not restricted on how I say my peace. (I guarantee someone will call me out for “personal attacks” when I’m just defending a point of view)

moving forward, So I can say w.e. I want except that AC is “Mediocre” lol you guys make me laugh.

as a matter of fact, AC isn’t even Mediocre, he might me worse than mediocre. Ex OT Charlie Johnson is probably better than AC. As he never made the Pro Bowl and wasn’t drafted in the first round like AC. 

Let someone defend AC as more than mediocre and combat that with the fact that C.Johnson wasn’t a first round pick, yet C.Jonson didn’t get the Pay day that AC is getting.

So one thing at time...

Yes people are entitled to comment, as long as it's within the rules of the forums.

You're digging yourself in over that can only ever be an opinion not an absolute and wonder why people don't take kindly to being told they have "lost".

Just calm down a bit and maybe you'll actually get a proper conversation about AC. So far you've not offered not much to support your opinion.

57 minutes ago, Mitch Connors said:

1/3 of the vote is fans

Thank you for outlining that... but given the Top 100 show I do wonder about the players sometimes and their judgment of their peers! 

Do we know if the players have to vote and if not what the uptake is? If they don't get the full uptake do the round down the public voting to get the weighting back to 33%?

15 minutes ago, Rackeen305 said:

Whatever happened in your life to make 'Pro-Bowl' status your marker for a player being worthy of praise or worthiness should be re-evaluated. 

The "AC is no-good posts" remain the most uninformed on this board.  AC is a good, solid NFL LT.  He's very similar in talent to Tarik Glenn (And yes so you don't race to go look it up TG was in 3 Pro Bowls) I looked it up for you.  I respect you have a passion for your opinion but judging a players worthiness on Pro Bowls shows a massive lack of appreciation for what it takes to be a pro bowl player and how good players don't necessarily make pro bowls. 

To the point, you can be a top third player at your position and never see a PB.  Otherwise said, it is not a Pro Bowl argument or in your own words "not even a mediocre"  to suggest because a player hasn't made a Pro Bowl he is then not even mediocre.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rally5 said:

Whatever happened in your life to make 'Pro-Bowl' status your marker for a player being worthy of praise or worthiness should be re-evaluated. 

The "AC is no-good posts" remain the most uninformed on this board.  AC is a good, solid NFL LT.  He's very similar in talent to Tarik Glenn (And yes so you don't race to go look it up TG was in 3 Pro Bowls) I looked it up for you.  I respect you have a passion for your opinion but judging a players worthiness on Pro Bowls shows a massive lack of appreciation for what it takes to be a pro bowl player and how good players don't necessarily make pro bowls. 

To the point, you can be a top third player at your position and never see a PB.  Otherwise said, it is not a Pro Bowl argument or in your own words "not even a mediocre"  to suggest because a player hasn't made a Pro Bowl he is then not even mediocre.  

I get it that AC is Luck's body guard on the field. Within the LUCK thread, It seems like AC is also Luck's body guard lol. Never the less, If you put AC on another team as their LT, He will start on the mid to lower half of NFL teams. This is my point. People dont have to get * off or offended that I said AC is mediocre. Isn't his contract telling you that? 

Isnt't the fact that he hasnt made a pro bowl told people that as well? Dont shoot the realist messenger that can look at the Colts with a truthful eye, and not a wishful and overly optimistic eye.

BTW, not being a realist is how Coach Pagano and Ryan Grigson got a contract extension when they should have been bagged on the first go around, instead of wishfully thinking Pagano and or Grigs was the man for the job. We saw how that turned out.

To Further make my point, If AC was so good, Why did Grigson/CB draft so many OTs (Clark, Good, Haeg, Banner) hoping to switch AC to RT? go and swallow that. And you know that the Colts want to move AC to RT. 

Beyond that, To further support my statement, Why will the Colts draft another OT in next years 2019 draft (first 2 rounds)? I know, AC is such a better LT though. lol 

11 minutes ago, Rackeen305 said:

To Further make my point, If AC was so good, Why did Grigson/CB draft so many OTs (Clark, Good, Haeg, Banner) hoping to switch AC to RT? go and swallow that. And you know that the Colts want to move AC to RT. 

Because that what's GM's do. All GM's. Tom Brady had 2 LT's in his entire carreer, and Belichick still drafted one or two OL almost every year. And it's not just OL, but every position. The Broncos had Von Miller, Shaq Barrett, Shane Ray, and still drafted Bradley Chubb. You have to think ahead, and expect that you won't be able to resign all your players, because if you plan to build a good team, and you succeed, you will have more players demanding contracts than you can pay. Grigson had no problem paying Castonzo, because he screw up his drafts, the Colts had a bad team, and there were no one else to pay.

Btw, regarding Castonzo. For you, pro bowl seem to be an important measure. For me, pro-bowl is a popularity contest. Chris Harris was one of the league's best corners for years and never has been voted in the probowl, until the Denver defense as a unit had their great run in 2015. Ever since 2015, Harris became a lock in every pro bowl. 

So, for me, grades, like pff play by play advanced statistics tell more. Castonzo has been a top10 LT in this league for the last 4 years, better and better each year. His best year was 2017, his last year. And he wasn't injury prone, he was on the field every single snap for years. That kind of a player is a great value for any organization.

• Like 2

On 9/10/2018 at 4:43 AM, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I wouldn't call losing a home game by 11 to the bengals 'fun' but glad you enjoyed it.

We all know the Colts should have won that game and it was very enjoyable until Doyle fumbled. As you can see that was a game for many players having their first NFL start and they did fine. We just had a third quarter lapse again which needs to be fixed