Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts regular season record.

Myles

Colts record this season  

111 members have voted

1. 1. What will be the Colts regular season record for the 2018 season?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/09/2018 at 04:58 PM

4 hours ago, coltsva said:

Remember when anything other than 6-0 in our division was a disappointment! Now, 3-3 would be great. 

3-3 vs AFC south

3-1 vs AFC east

2-2 vs NFC east

beat Bengals and Raiders

10-6 and wild card!

You are more optimistic than most.

I think that the poll can be adjusted to account for local media and homerism.    6-8 wins then seems to be the obvious choice.

19 hours ago, krunk said:

I could see us being 2-0 by the time we hit the Philly game.  I have no fear of Cincy or Washington. If we get a good start like that I like our chances going forward. 1 game at a time.

I don't know about Cincy. I don't really have any fear of them...but I don't think they are going to be a bad team. They improved the OL, added lots of young talent to a defense that was already solid...and have several playmakers on offense (that are currently healthy). 

First game in...with a new scheme and a bunch of young players...will be a tall order for Reich and co.

• Like 1

On 9/4/2018 at 12:39 PM, csmopar said:

we could go 1-15 and id be happy if we'd blow out the Patriots in that only win

This.  At this point I think going 1-15 and 'curb stomping' the Pats while their entire team is healthy would feel so darn selfish...But IDC.  A little bit of me would rather see that, than win the superbowl.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, shastamasta said:

I don't know about Cincy. I don't really have any fear of them...but I don't think they are going to be a bad team. They improved the OL, added lots of young talent to a defense that was already solid...and have several playmakers on offense (that are currently healthy). 

First game in...with a new scheme and a bunch of young players...will be a tall order for Reich and co.

Cincy is always loaded, but it never pans out the way it looks.

• Like 2

My big issue is and maybe I'm wrong I hope I am. But it seems to me that Ballard has already thrown in the towel for this season. I mean he acts like he doesn't care if we win this year or not that he's building for the future and is not in win now mode. We can look at that in two different ways as fans. We could say that he owes it to us as paying fans to put the best quality product on the field now and forget about the future we as paying fans we deserve that. Or we could say okay I'll pay now for my tickets for a much better product in the future I'll just have to be patient. I'm basing this on the fact we have the cap space and could dramatically have improved our team in free agency and he didn't. I know we got a lot of rebuilding to do and that's not done overnight. But I do think we deserve the best possible team on the field every season. What does everyone else think? I actually like Ballard I just wonder if this is the best approach. 7-9

On 9/5/2018 at 9:51 PM, SilentHill said:

All this poll tells me is that we have a lot of people looking at the glass half empty.

I see it the other way around.   I see more looking at it as half full.

Over 24% think 10-12 wins.    That is very optimistic for a young, thin team with a new coaching staff and a QB making his return after much time off and a much improved division.   Only 10% think 4-6 wins.   That is low.  

On 9/5/2018 at 6:04 PM, superrep1967 said:

My big issue is and maybe I'm wrong I hope I am. But it seems to me that Ballard has already thrown in the towel for this season. I mean he acts like he doesn't care if we win this year or not that he's building for the future and is not in win now mode. We can look at that in two different ways as fans. We could say that he owes it to us as paying fans to put the best quality product on the field now and forget about the future we as paying fans we deserve that. Or we could say okay I'll pay now for my tickets for a much better product in the future I'll just have to be patient. I'm basing this on the fact we have the cap space and could dramatically have improved our team in free agency and he didn't. I know we got a lot of rebuilding to do and that's not done overnight. But I do think we deserve the best possible team on the field every season. What does everyone else think? I actually like Ballard I just wonder if this is the best approach. 7-9

Ballard has explained his philosophy numerous times including how he will use FA. Exactly who is it you think Ballard should have tried to bring in as a FA?  He did add Grant to a thin WR group Ebron to solidify the TE's  Goode to help season our young LB room and Autry to the DL.  

Those guys that will start and help this team win this season. He tried to added to the OL by getting Howard to be a band aid at RT. A signing that looked promising  until he got old over night.  

When it comes to FA's we have to keep in mind just because we are interested doesn't mean they are. A key component to Ballard's team building that I think is very wise. He is very mindful of any player he adds to that locker room. He wants to build a strong locker room full of players who do things the right way. 

Another big factor when looking at potential FA signings beyond will they help right now. Are they part of the long term plan and if not are they going to hinder the development of guy's who are?  Why wasn't it working with the team he's leaving? 

FA is a slippery slope even more so when you are trying to change the culture of your team. I am excited to see the young guys play and watch this thing grow. We have some talent I believe is going to step forward this year.  

Sept. 9 vs Bengals loss 28-17

Sept. 16 at Redskins loss 24-21

Sept. 23 at Eagles loss 27-16

Sept. 30 vs Texans win 24-23

Oct. 4 at Patriots loss 38-12

Oct. 14 at Jets win 23-20

Oct. 21 vs Bills win 24-13

Oct. 28 at Raiders loss 21-18

Nov. 4 BYE WEEK  

Nov. 11 vs Jaguars loss 18-17

Nov. 18 vs Titans win 28-20

Nov. 25 vs Dolphins win 23-20

Dec. 2 at Jaguars loss 27-10

Dec. 9 at Texans loss 33-20

Dec. 16 vs Cowboys loss 27-21

Dec. 23 vs Giants win 27-13

Dec. 30 at Titans loss 17-16

2018 Record 6-10

Potential wins vs Redskins, Jags, Cowboys, Titans could raise us as high as 10-6, but I think it's too much to hope for this team this year.

Uh-oh.   I assume most who have them winning 7-9 games this season had the home game against the Bengals as a win.   I did.  

DAYDATEOPPONENTHOME/AWAYTIME/RESULT

SundaySept. 9Cincinnati BengalsHome1:00 pm

SundaySept. 16Washington RedskinsAway1:00 pm

SundaySept. 23Philadelphia EaglesAway1:00 pm

SundaySept. 30Houston TexansHome1:00 pm

ThursdayOct. 4New England PatriotsAway8:20 pm

SundayOct. 14New York JetsAway1:00 pm

SundayOct. 21Buffalo BillsHome1:00 pm

SundayOct. 28Oakland RaidersAway4:05 pm

SundayNov. 4BYE WEEK  

SundayNov. 11Jacksonville JaguarsHome1:00 pm

SundayNov. 18Tennessee TitansHome1:00 pm

SundayNov. 25Miami DolphinsHome1:00 pm

SundayDec. 2Jacksonville JaguarsAway1:00 pm

SundayDec. 9Houston TexansAway1:00 pm

SundayDec. 16Dallas CowboysHome1:00 pm

SundayDec. 23New York GiantsHome1:00 pm

SundayDec. 30Tennessee TitansAway1:00 pm

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Myles said:

I was surprised over 23% of people thought 10-6 to 12-4 was likely.

I was in the 7-9 to 9-7 range and I think they could still get to 7 wins.

Although if voting today I would vote 4-12 to 6-10.

image.png.e82be526633743f717b614595c151a46.png

Unfortunately, it looks like >85% of the voting fans will be incorrect with their predictions ...  and not to the good side. :(

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/20/2018 at 1:15 PM, Myles said:

I was surprised over 23% of people thought 10-6 to 12-4 was likely.

I was in the 7-9 to 9-7 range and I think they could still get to 7 wins.

Although if voting today I would vote 4-12 to 6-10.

image.png.e82be526633743f717b614595c151a46.png

I picked 9-7 so I fall in that category. Having said that alot of people that voted 7-9 to 9-7 thought we would go 7-9 or 8-8. I Posted in many Threads I thought we would go 9-7.

• 2 weeks later...

Comparing my projections to actuals

Sept. 9 vs Bengals loss 28-17    Actual lost 34-23

Sept. 16 at Redskins loss 24-21    Actual WIN 21-9

Sept. 23 at Eagles loss 27-16    Actual loss 20-16

Sept. 30 vs Texans win 24-23    Actual loss 37-34 OT

Oct. 4 at Patriots loss 38-12    Actual loss 38-24

Oct. 14 at Jets win 23-20    Actual loss 42-34

Oct. 21 vs Bills win 24-13    Actual WIN 37-5

Oct. 28 at Raiders loss 21-18    Actual WIN 42-28

Nov. 4 BYE WEEK  

Nov. 11 vs Jaguars loss 18-17    Actual WIN 29-26

Nov. 18 vs Titans win 28-20    Actual WIN 38-10

Nov. 25 vs Dolphins win 23-20    Actual WIN 27-24

Dec. 2 at Jaguars loss 27-10    Actual loss 0-6

Dec. 9 at Texans loss 33-20    Actual WIN 24-21

Dec. 16 vs Cowboys loss 27-21    Actual WIN 23-0

Dec. 23 vs Giants win 27-13    Actual WIN 28-27

Dec. 30 at Titans loss 17-16

2018 Record 6-10

Potential wins vs Redskins (check!), Jags (check!), Cowboys (check!), Titans (NEXT!) could raise us as high as 10-6, but I think it's too much to hope for this team this year.

Edited by John Hammonds
duplication

13 hours ago, Luck 4 president said:

Glad we did better than most people thought 

Spoke too soon 

Certainly did.  What it looked like was not what it turned out to be.  Most here thought 7 wins or up to 9.  Media (some) had us at #32 !!

We fans knew with a healthy Andrew we were a minimum 8-8 team, but his early health and 'rust factor' were concerns.  He and the team overcame them all.