Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Path to 53 (Colts Roster Cuts Thread)

TKnight24

Not sure what they expect to get with WR Johnson from Seattle. I would have rather taken a chance on someone like Michael Floyd. I heard he was not in condition at training camp, but I'd sign him to a min and make him room with a S&C coach for a month. Watch BB pick him up again and he becomes a monster for Brady by mid season...

2 hours ago, Horse Shoe Heaven said:

Question If this is true does T J Green revert to the Colts IR list if hes not claimed?

1 hour ago, TKnight24 said:

Yes

1 hour ago, Horse Shoe Heaven said:

Well you would think with his skill set he might be claimed, but could still be a Colt. Hum interesting!!

But there is good chance of an injury settlement, and he can still go to another team then (Seahawks?)

1 hour ago, TKnight24 said:

:scratch:

{ medical ?? }

2 minutes ago, Irish YJ said:

Not sure what they expect to get with WR Johnson from Seattle. I would have rather taken a chance on someone like Michael Floyd. I heard he was not in condition at training camp, but I'd sign him to a min and make him room with a S&C coach for a month. Watch BB pick him up again and he becomes a monster for Brady by mid season...

Johnson already knows Riech's system.

If I'm not mistaken Floyd had already been signed and released by NE in the past.

2 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

But there is good chance of an injury settlement, and he can still go to another team then (Seahawks?)

:scratch:

{ medical ?? }

I’m assuming your name is in blue for a mod

Anyway you can put the final cuts tweet on the OP?

please & thanks 

2 minutes ago, w87r said:

Johnson already knows Riech's system.

If I'm not mistaken Floyd had already been signed and released by NE in the past.

Johnson IMO has a very low ceiling. 

NE picked up Floyd late, and he played well, just didn't know enough of the playbook to get a lot of time in the playoffs. BB has been complimentary about him, and rumors are already out there that he may try to grab him again.

He's got a high ceiling, just rumored to have motivational issues.... Pretty sure if anyone can motivate a player, it's BB LOL.... I'd just like for the Colts to try and find a potential nugget, instead of taking a safe, low ceiling journeyman.

1 minute ago, Irish YJ said:

NE picked up Floyd late, and he played well, just didn't know enough of the playbook to get a lot of time in the playoffs. BB has been complimentary about him, and rumors are already out there that he may try to grab him again.

He's got a high ceiling, just rumored to have motivational issues.... Pretty sure if anyone can motivate a player, it's BB LOL.... I'd just like for the Colts to try and find a potential nugget, instead of taking a safe, low ceiling journeyman.

Do you think Floyd has a high ceiling because he played for ND? He has proven over his time in the league that he just isn't very good.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Irish YJ said:

How is a 24 yr old with 1 year in the league, who was traded once.... a journeyman, with limited ceiling after 10 career games...... vs. a 28 yr old WR who has played for 3 teams in the last 2 seasons?  also, how does a 28 yr old WR with 89 career Reg. season games played have any untapped "potential"?

• Like 1