Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Vs. Ravens Monday Night Football Preseason Game Thread

LucasOilStadium

One thing I have been slightly impressed with is that every running play, Nelson is pushing his guy back it seems. Opening so big holes. I think with a solid LT next to him, those holes will get bigger. This helping our running backs. Slauson also seemed to be opening some holes too

1 minute ago, Smoke317 said:

If this game is any indication, we may see a lot of press man (as usual). Luck’s gonna have to believe in someone besides TY if we’re gonna have a dynamic offense this season. 

I think he has TY and Jack but he does need more timing and chemistry with the others.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, csmopar said:

One thing I have been slightly impressed with is that every running play, Nelson is pushing his guy back it seems. Opening so big holes. I think with a solid LT next to him, those holes will get bigger. This helping our running backs. Slauson also seemed to be opening some holes too

What I like the most from Nelson is that even when he is beat (1 play a saw tonight) He doesn't give up on the play and continues to chase or find a new guy to hit. You see some O lineman just give up on the play if they initially get beat by their man.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SanDiegoColt8 said:

Im tired of these middle to late round RBs. Colts need to address the RB situation and use a higher draft pick. Or sign Bell.

I agree that these mid round projects are getting old. Got to kiss a lot of frogs in hopes you luck into a good back.  You get what you pay for. 

• Like 1

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• First of all I just have to say I have a strong distaste for Tom Brady but I’d sign him in a heartbeat under a year contract and then draft CJ Stroud or Levis whoever falls to us at number 4. Have them sit behind Brady and truly learn how to be a QB in the NFL. With the remaining picks provide him with some weapons and protection and bolster the defensive side of the ball. 
    • Agreed, but how much of "a better player or two MORE" does a team need at the end of every season?    That's why the teams strive to find the prototypical or modern era franchise QB, so that the QB can make that game winning drive in last minute or a couple of comeback game changing drives needed in playoffs against strong contenders, in addition to strong and consistent QB play throughout regular season. Such QBs deserve to get paid, and Bengals have found that franchise QB in Burrow who has proven so much BEFORE getting paid a lot.    Problem with the QB market is not that the likes of Rodgers, Burrow, Mahomes get paid... The problem is that barely above average QBs such as the likes of Cousins, Goff, Wentz, Jones, Carr, Watson (personal and legal problems), and few others continue to demand elite QB money and drive up the QB market when they don't deserve that kind of contract, while neither proving BEFORE OR AFTER getting that money.    If I'd wanna complain about QBs getting paid huge money that makes the team worse, I'd complain about those Pretenders who would get paid abhorrent, unproven and undeserved pay while these QBs make their team worse by BOTH blocking large part of the cap space and NOT playing to the highest level of QB play their contracts would suggest.    Back to your point, yes, Bengals would lose a key player or more both in offense and defense when Burrow's contract peaks in salary cap space... But he's proven he can compensate that loss, which is not even close to the situation of not even having found our franchise QB yet, and still a better problem than having a QB who pretends to be a franchise QB not being able to win multiple playoff games. 
    • What’s more important a couple extra picks  or carter or Anderson . With carter and Anderson they have a player that can help them now.  There is no guarantee what a further draft looks like.  I doubt Carolina will offer them that many more picks. They could get Oline at 9 I guess but  is  there a tackle that will go that high.
    • Here’s a question for you…    A story surfaced this weekend….  Chicago would like to trade Fields for picks….  Stay at number one, and draft Young as their new QB.    Any thoughts on this?    Are you hearing or reading about this anywhere?    
    • Ok,  thank you.   Appreciate it.   
  • Members