Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Vs. Ravens Monday Night Football Preseason Game Thread

LucasOilStadium

9 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Yes

I am not mad about the rule it is the enforcement that I see as problematic 

Yeah, there will defnitely be a learning curve.  What I would like to see this year, at least, is a 5 and 15 yard penalties.  During the Colts first preseason game the receiver jumped and stretched the catch the ball, a Colts player that jumped and stretch to knock the ball out, his helmet hit the stomach of the receiver and they threw the flag, even though the player did not lower his helmet at all.  Stuff like that needs to be cleaned up..

Just now, Coffeedrinker said:

Yeah, there will defnitely be a learning curve.  What I would like to see this year, at least, is a 5 and 15 yard penalties.  During the Colts first preseason game the receiver jumped and stretched the catch the ball, a Colts player that jumped and stretch to knock the ball out, his helmet hit the stomach of the receiver and they threw the flag, even though the player did not lower his helmet at all.  Stuff like that needs to be cleaned up..

That is why I brought up the way LL and other governing bodies enact rules progressively 

1 hour ago, Cynjin said:

Has ESPN lost so many subscribers that they can't afford to show replays?

1 hour ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Get use to it

NBC, CBS, and Fox will do the same thing

Not trying to show up Officials 

I can't really comment with any authority on this game since I only saw about the last 9 minutes of the 4th Qtr. tonight. However, I do agree with CJN & PT. The lack of replay usage tonight was very bizarre. I've seen more replays in golf & tennis than what ESPN displayed tonight. With lucrative broadcast deals, networks shouldn't be pinching pennies man.

Maybe it's just a Preseason issue. I hope so. Fans finally grow accustom to seeing a controversial call slowed down with regularity now & for some reason, they decide forget the replay & get the game over faster instead? Cut down on commercial interruptions not penalty oversight remedies please.