Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Vs. Ravens Monday Night Football Preseason Game Thread


LucasOilStadium

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

 

It will make players not bend way over and hit with their head anymore.  It hurts the team. The NFL wants it completely out of the game.

 

So the defensive player is just supposed to stand up and take a shot to his ribs.  They say they are going to call it against the RBs, but so far that has not been the case.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ColtsBlueFL said:

 

Exactly, and coaches can point to the NFL when teaching  'heads up' play. Bend from knees, not waist, eyes up, head off center.

That doesn’t the guys at the HS, NCAA, and NFL level who were taught to do it “wrong”

 

 

  should do what LL does with game changing rules and gradually enforce it

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Cynjin said:

 

So the defensive player is just supposed to stand up and take a shot to his ribs.  They say they are going to call it against the RBs, but so far that has not been the case.

 

If it is with a helmet, the RB will get the flag.  Plus, the DB has to get low from knees, not the waist.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Cynjin said:

 

So the defensive player is just supposed to stand up and take a shot to his ribs.  They say they are going to call it against the RBs, but so far that has not been the case.

Not just RBs but every ball carrier will do it

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

That doesn’t the guys at the HS, NCAA, and NFL level who were taught to do it “wrong”

 

 

  should do what LL does with game changing rules and gradually enforce it

 

NFL can't afford to wait, they are a business and open to lawsuits.  (still some out there)

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

 

If it is with a helmet, the RB will get the flag.

 

Not from what I've seen.  There have been multiple instances when the offensive player has lowered their head first and nothing was called.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, PrincetonTiger said:

Yes they can and have in the past

 

That's why there are lawsuits against the NFL. Previously not being proactive at reducing dangerous conditions.  Thus the helmet and kick off rules this year.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cynjin said:

 

Not from what I've seen.  There have been multiple instances when the offensive player has lowered their head first and nothing was called.

 

If it s helmet to helmet, D will get flag because RB is determined to be going into protect mode. D never is in defenseless position, thus never ion protect mode.  They are in strike mode.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

 

That's why there are lawsuits against the NFL. Previously not being proactive at reducing dangerous conditions.  Thus the helmet and kick off rules this year.

 

Didn’t say there was a problem with them but that the implementation is clumsy

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...