Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LucasOilStadium

Colts Vs. Ravens Monday Night Football Preseason Game Thread

1 minute ago, bluebombers87 said:

So every time a RB lowers their head, it’s a penalty?

They sure haven’t called it as much on the backs. 

Just now, Smoke317 said:

They sure haven’t called it as much on the backs. 

I mean I get the idea of it but I think this could be called on almost every play. And when you have a penalty that can be called on every play the game loses.

8 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

These penalties are getting ridiculous 

8 minutes ago, Boiler_Colt said:

This lowering the head rule is making the game unwatchable.

They over call it in pre-season.  It will be called but onlyin  more egregious cases in the regular season.

8 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

Not sure about that rule. Does it apply to RBs as well? If not then why?

Anyone willingly lowering head to make contact, notably in the open field.  Not persons in defenseless positions.

6 minutes ago, Cynjin said:

This new helmet rule stinks.

It's not going away, but will lessen in regular season.

6 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

So every time a RB lowers their head, it’s a penalty?

Not if it is determined they are in defenseless or protecting themselves mode. Otherwise, yes.

Just now, Shive said:

Can we get a look at Wilkins??

God yes, please.  I know he’s a rookie but he imo has the most potential out of everyone not named Mack and Turbin by far.......

Just now, ColtsBlueFL said:

They over call it in pre-season.  It will be called but onlyin  more egregious cases in the regular season.

Anyone willingly lowering head to make contact, notably in the open field.  Not persons in defenseless positions.

It's not going away, but will lessen in regular season.

Not if it is determined they are in defenseless or protecting themselves mode.

So basically they promise it won’t be an issue and we’re supposed to believe it?

Im sorry I’m all for the launching aspect of it but Hairston barely went into him. Linemen take harder hits than this. Again I understand the reason for the rule but making rules that don’t make sense will hurt the game.

Other than Vinatieri and Simon, the whole team looks pretty awful. No WR separation, no running lanes being created by OL, little to pass rush on D, and too many penalties.

So basically they promise it won’t be an issue and we’re supposed to believe it?

Im sorry I’m all for the launching aspect of it but Hairston barely went into him. Linemen take harder hits than this. Again I understand the reason for the rule but making rules that don’t make sense will hurt the game.

It will make players not bend way over and hit with their head anymore.  It hurts the team. The NFL wants it completely out of the game.

If Luck comes out I expect Wilkins to come in.  Ravens aren’t the team to have blown assignments against. 

Just now, Turftoe said:

Getting very little from the running game.  I'm afraid we may wish we still had Frank Gore.

Could have drafted Guice, or Freeman.  

1 minute ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

It will make players not bend way over and hit with their head anymore.  It hurts the team. The NFL wants it completely out of the game.

It needs to be started at the Pop Warner Level then

Apparently, when they institute a new rule, they over-enforce it in the preseason then lighten up in the regular season. Helps players and coaches get a good idea of what they're looking for with that rule.

Just now, SanDiegoColt8 said:

Could have drafted Guice, or Freeman.  

Guice could very well have been out for the year for us as well.

I'm hoping to never get this head umpire again. Whoever he is, he's terrible.

Just now, PrincetonTiger said:

Yes this is true.  It is very hard for any player to change what he has done all his football life.

Just now, Shive said:

Apparently, when they institute a new rule, they over-enforce it in the preseason then lighten up in the regular season. Helps players and coaches get a good idea of what they're looking for with that rule.

Yes

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Exactly, and coaches can point to the NFL when teaching  'heads up' play. Bend from knees, not waist, eyes up, head off center.