Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Vs. Ravens Monday Night Football Preseason Game Thread

LucasOilStadium

8 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

These penalties are getting ridiculous 

8 minutes ago, Boiler_Colt said:

This lowering the head rule is making the game unwatchable.

They over call it in pre-season.  It will be called but onlyin  more egregious cases in the regular season.

8 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

Not sure about that rule. Does it apply to RBs as well? If not then why?

Anyone willingly lowering head to make contact, notably in the open field.  Not persons in defenseless positions.

6 minutes ago, Cynjin said:

This new helmet rule stinks.

It's not going away, but will lessen in regular season.

6 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

So every time a RB lowers their head, it’s a penalty?

Not if it is determined they are in defenseless or protecting themselves mode. Otherwise, yes.

Just now, ColtsBlueFL said:

They over call it in pre-season.  It will be called but onlyin  more egregious cases in the regular season.

Anyone willingly lowering head to make contact, notably in the open field.  Not persons in defenseless positions.

It's not going away, but will lessen in regular season.

Not if it is determined they are in defenseless or protecting themselves mode.

So basically they promise it won’t be an issue and we’re supposed to believe it?

Im sorry I’m all for the launching aspect of it but Hairston barely went into him. Linemen take harder hits than this. Again I understand the reason for the rule but making rules that don’t make sense will hurt the game.

1 minute ago, bluebombers87 said:

So basically they promise it won’t be an issue and we’re supposed to believe it?

Im sorry I’m all for the launching aspect of it but Hairston barely went into him. Linemen take harder hits than this. Again I understand the reason for the rule but making rules that don’t make sense will hurt the game.

It will make players not bend way over and hit with their head anymore.  It hurts the team. The NFL wants it completely out of the game.

1 minute ago, bluebombers87 said:

Apparently, when they institute a new rule, they over-enforce it in the preseason then lighten up in the regular season. Helps players and coaches get a good idea of what they're looking for with that rule.