Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Irsay cryptic tweet/Bob Lamey (Voice of the Colts) retiring (merge)

Luck 4 president

What? This is weird... 

BTW the other kicker we've had in camp has drawn some rave reviews from what I've seen. He was hitting everything in practice. Not necessarily this season, but we might have something in him for next year if he sticks around. 

30 minutes ago, stitches said:

What? This is weird... 

BTW the other kicker we've had in camp has drawn some rave reviews from what I've seen. He was hitting everything in practice. Not necessarily this season, but we might have something in him for next year if he sticks around. 

I saw the same reviews about the kicker.  Hope there is a way to sneak him on the PS.

21 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Blastfemey 

Lol. I tried a few times, but got annoyed when he'd say something like 'caught, first down... No he was juggling it out of bounds'.. Can't play with my emotions while calling a Colts game.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Gonna miss Bob

https://youtu.be/btsDjmnO3VE

I still rank that catch up there with OBJ’s...  The degree of difficulty was off the charts.  Full layed out dive. Catch it with only 1 hand. Contorted his body mid air to brace for impact to make sure he secured the ball “through hitting the ground”. And oh by the way, he NEVER placed a 2nd hand on it. Phenomenal. 

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I saw the same reviews about the kicker.  Hope there is a way to sneak him on the PS.

Unfortunately, those rarely stick around since there is high demand for stable kickers and there inevitably are several teams that are desperate for one by week 5. Teams follow along who teams seem to value and if you give a practice squad spot to a kicker it usually means he's good so they steal him from you. That's what happened last year with the Chiefs kicker Butker, who was waived and signed to the practice squad by the Panthers and the Chiefs snatched him when their kicker got injured. 

48 minutes ago, TDewar1987 said:

Man that sucks! Loved listening to him on the radio!

I love me some Bob Lamey it's a very sad day for me you think of the Colts and you think of Bob Lamey the best there's ever been in my mind at least. I will definitely miss him and his calls what a great voice and a great fan of our team. 

11 minutes ago, superrep1967 said:

But I always thought Kevin Lee would be his eventual replacement. Because Kevin has done it in the past and did a good job. 

I can't even begin to say who would be a Good replacement for Bob. Mark Boyle is Great too for the Pacers, I hope he sticks around as long as Bob did. Boyle has done Pacers games since 1989.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Ugh Matt is so monotoned during the game, yuck

Yes, you are correct Matt is very boring to listen to. So hopefully they get someone else to be the full-time replacement. 

3 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Sad to see Bob go.  He was truly the voice of the fans.

You are so correct. 

• Like 1