Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts reportedly could be all in on D.J. Fluker

52 minutes ago, Bizarro Superman said:

WE ALL IN ON FLUKER YALL!  ALLLL IN YALL!

- Colts449

LOL. Yeah. I got tired of getting my hopes up and being let down. So kinda chilled out this year. Same expectations. Same letdown. Just didn't go nuts on the forum lmao.... But no. If we sign 2-3 good players I will be here acting like a 12 year old. LOL.

14 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

So?

You can't find good players on a bad team?

How many years now have we gone after depth or just average guys on the OL and it hasn’t worked out? At some point we gotta pony up for quality OL players. 

12 minutes ago, austriancolt said:

Watch some Giants games. The whole Giants Line is a mess like ours. Do you think if he was that good they would led him go?

There aren't too many good OLs in the NFL these days.

Shuffle the deck, and hope for a better hand.

12 minutes ago, austriancolt said:

Watch some Giants games. The whole Giants Line is a mess like ours. Do you think if he was that good they would led him go?

The Giants have salary cap issues...  they're looking to let go of Pugh and Richman, their center.

The biggest problems on the Giants line has been the tackles.   There can still be decent players on a bad line..

5 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

The Giants have salary cap issues...  they're looking to let go of Pugh and Richman, their center.

The biggest problems on the Giants line has been the tackles.   There can still be decent players on a bad line..

Fluker has potential still, would be a decent signing, he can run block good..

5 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I am intrigued by Pugh. Seems like a gamble that Ballard would take, given his versatility and pedigree.

44 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

LOL. Yeah. I got tired of getting my hopes up and being let down. So kinda chilled out this year. Same expectations. Same letdown. Just didn't go nuts on the forum lmao.... But no. If we sign 2-3 good players I will be here acting like a 12 year old. LOL.

Lol. It was funny though.  Iyou weren't a jerk about it or nothing, so for me at least, its the kind of gabbing and goofing friends do. Im just glad I was around to see the #allinyall born. LOL.

13 minutes ago, Finball said:

PFF and BR guys graded him as #56 and #57 guard in the NFL. Whole NFL didn't think much of him last year in FA when he signed 1yr, 3M deal.

Every team runs a different offense...   not every offense asks its players to do the same thing.  

Reich and the OC were with Fluker in SD. If they are ok with him and so is Ballard, then they get the benefit of the doubt from me.

1 hour ago, COLTS449 said:

I will admit about a week ago I had to check and make sure you were still around. Didnt see any hyped FA threads from you and got a little worried. As much as we razzed you about it last yr, it is better than all the negativity we are seeing right now. 

1 hour ago, shastamasta said:

"In-touch" is a far cry from "all-in."  But we will see if they bring him in.

I said earlier I misread the report and it said the list of teams were all in the mix for him. Sorry for the misreport

2 hours ago, John Hammonds said:

I wouldn't rely on Fluker as a starter.  However, if I had real concern that Mewhort wasn't coming back, I'd want some quality depth at the position, and would sign him (if the price was right).  The guy can play at this level, but I don't think he's a quality starter.

He may or may not be a quality starter..,,   But he IS a starter in the NFL.

Fluker is not going anywhere as a backup. He's starting for someone, whether it's the Colts or someone else...   he is not a backup.

3 minutes ago, RealityIsLuck said:

Possibly one of the worst headline you could hear, lol he's horrible. Huge bust and one of the worst OL man last year.

Thank God you're here to save our two incompetents from themselves.    I'm sure Ballard and Reich will defer to your genius and lose all interest in Fluker.   All they have to do us read your posts.

I wonder if the local media ticked off Ballard so he is just sitting there laughing his butt off watching these *s report who we are linked to and he is like nope...you’ll see we aren’t linked to ANYONE lol. Ballard is making a fool out of the Colts beat reporters lol. If nothing else is learned out of this it is that DONT listen to any of our reporters because they don’t know JACK. All speculation from them...and their sources are like janitors in the building.

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

Thank God you're here to save our two incompetents from themselves.    I'm sure Ballard and Reich will defer to your genius and lose all interest in Fluker.   All they have to do us read your posts.

Thank god you're here to make snarky, very necessary comments! Fluker was atrocious last year. Literally ask ANY Giants media member. Consistently torched in pass protection, allowed tons of hurries/sacks. A decent run blocker, but the glaring wholes out-weigh the decent run blocking. Look at his PFF grade, 42.4 (56th ranked guard - incase you can't tell thats not good). Giants fans were so sick of this guy. He's also got a past of being a iffy locker room guy... throwing other under the bus, slamming teammates. What a guy! Being "all in" on a guy like that when you've got over 70 million dollars in cap, with a horrible OL, especially when theres better options on the market.. not really a "build the monster" type player. 

Now, do you want the Works Cited in MLA, APA, or Chicago? Seeing how this is the most serious topic in the world and every single post must be held to the standards of Ballard and Riech.

18 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Not bad but hasn’t lived up to hype

Hype and offensive line normally don’t meet very often. Especially when Colts is thrown in the mix. If he’s relatively cheap sure, if he’s too expensive, let him walk. No need to waste money on a maybe player.

i would however like it if he shopped 1 or 2 linemen on a 1 year deal to protect Luck before we address the offensive line through the draft. This year or next year, we should be spending a R1 pick on a tackle or a guard. 

Fluker is mediocre. But with the quality of O-line play declining so badly in the NFL, I suspect he will find a job. Just hopefully not with the Colts. 

Jensen and Pugh? Now, that would be an upgrade. Sign me up.