Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bring me your OC candidates other than Bevell

chad72

22 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Here are a few that I like:

Our former Colts coach Jim Hostler:

http://www.packers.com/team/coaches/hostler-jim/9e33ad5a-5d74-4993-a12f-c727d753a739

Cowboys QB coach Wade Wilson:

http://www.dallascowboys.com/team/coaches/roster/wade-wilson

Well if we did Wade Wilson, he'd need to have a red suit version of our logo

26 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

Would definitely be one of HIS guys. 

For what it is worth, the surprising stat for me was that the Chargers were 4th in the league in passing. So, Frank probably knew from his Chargers days the work of Nick Sirianni. 

What about Harold Goodwin, former Arizona OC? He might be interesting.

Greg Roman, Ravens- was OC for 49ers during their successful years

Joe Lombardi, Saints QB coach who used to be Detroit's OC for a couple of years a while back. That's a great O they have in NO

IDK, just have to wait and see... just want someone who will help us run the ball effectively and protect Luck so he can do his work

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

For what it is worth, the surprising stat for me was that the Chargers were 4th in the league in passing. So, Frank probably knew from his Chargers days the work of Nick Sirianni. 

Yep. I am sure he has had this name in his back pocket for a while now. People who make impressions on you, well you remember them. and when you need someone, you call them up. 

I think Nick Sirianni could be our guy. 

7 hours ago, OHColtfan said:

Joe Lombardi, Saints QB coach who used to be Detroit's OC for a couple of years a while back. That's a great O they have in NO

IDK, just have to wait and see... just want someone who will help us run the ball effectively and protect Luck so he can do his work

On Lombardi, the Lions were better after he was fired. Stafford focused more on the short passing game once they got rid of Lombardi and went with Cooter. I don’t think Lombardi would be a good hire. The saints O is the product of Sean Payton. Lombardi got his shot in Detroit with pretty good weapons and flopped. 

Ian Rapoport  
Ian Rapoport   

@RapSheet

The #Chargers granted this request with the expectation that Nick Sirianni becomes the #Colts OC. Coach Anthony Lynn believes in career development for assistants. twitter.com/albertbreer/st…

4:39 AM - 12 Feb 2018

Most likely it will be Sirianni

8 minutes ago, krunk said:

Ian Rapoport  
Ian Rapoport   

@RapSheet

The #Chargers granted this request with the expectation that Nick Sirianni becomes the #Colts OC. Coach Anthony Lynn believes in career development for assistants. twitter.com/albertbreer/st…

4:39 AM - 12 Feb 2018

Most likely it will be Sirianni

Classy move not to hold their assistants back from promotions.  

11 hours ago, OHColtfan said:

Greg Roman became unimaginative and his O worked as long as they had the OL cooking for Frank Gore with the 49ers. Once they had to pass more, he was not that good with the passing plays.

Joe Lombardi, I definitely like though he chucked it a lot to Calvin Johnson.