1959Colts

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

I don't see Frazier or Campbell ever bringing anything more than mediocrity to this team. 

Really hoping there's one more decent candidate but if not, I'm all in on Reich.

Couldn't have said it better. Your first sentence is spot on.

1 minute ago, John Waylon said:

I’m sure we can find Vikings fans who will vehemently disagree. 

Even as as a non-Vikings fan I vehemently disagree. 

McDermett calls the plays too... granted he didn’t have a good personnel guy when he was in Minnesota.   I’m taking a hard pass on this too.  It seems like he wants an offensive guy though so I wouldn’t put much stock into this.  Frazier and Eberflus are both going to want to call the plays.  This won’t make a ton of sense as a hiring.  I want Reich or DeFilippo.  I expect one more candidate to be interviewed. 

3 minutes ago, Dustin said:

22-31-1 HC record

That can't be a reason.

I don't know where you stood, but people were drooling all over 'that person who shall not be named', arguing that his failure in Denver was his lesson. Assuming that failure automatically means you've learned how to correct it(?).

13 minutes ago, Coltsfanforlife12 said:

McDermett calls the plays too... granted he didn’t have a good personnel guy when he was in Minnesota.   I’m taking a hard pass on this too.  It seems like he wants an offensive guy though so I wouldn’t put much stock into this.  Frazier and Eberflus are both going to want to call the plays.  This won’t make a ton of sense as a hiring.  I want Reich or DeFilippo.  I expect one more candidate to be interviewed. 

What makes you say that?  Did Frazier do the playcalling on defense when he was HC of the Vikings?  I honestly can't remember but I was thinking that he did not.

35 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I would rather have Peyton than him

So you would rather have a guy who has zero coaching experience than a guy who has a history of building good defenses wherever he goes?

hes not my first choice either but id rather have him over someone who has zero coaching experience.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I was being sarcastic but I don't want Leslie.

Fair enough.  Again not my first choice but it does look like the Colts are sticking with guys they “know” this time.  I don’t think it just so happens that two of three names on the Colts list used to coach here.

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

Fair enough.  Again not my first choice but it does look like the Colts are sticking with guys they “know” this time.  I don’t think it just so happens that two of three names on the Colts list used to coach here.

Forgot Frazier spent time in Indy

Alll 3 have NFL playing experience

Hard pass from me.

Was horrible as the interim and then full time HC of the Vikings. Players didn’t buy in at all. The reports from players suggested that he was a cheerleader, much like Pagano. He rode a future HOF RB in Adrian Peterson to a playoff birth, but that’s about it.

33 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

I sure hope the interview process doesn't stop at three.

So far what we have had is:

McDaniels:  A guy who has demonstrated to be less than successful on his own and carries personality baggage.

Campbell:  A guy who had limited success at Miami and hasn't gotten another shot.

Frazier:  A guy who had success when the best RB in the game was the best RB in the game.  Then not.

Reich:  Fairly unknown.

So we have 3 guys who have demonstrated performance on a scale from mediocre to bad, and 1 unknown.

I say hire the unknown.  That's about the best we can do.

Just now, Defjamz26 said:

Hard pass from me.

Was horrible as the interim and then full time HC of the Vikings. Players didn’t buy in at all. The reports from players suggested that he was a cheerleader, much like Pagano. He rode a future HOF QB in Adrian Peterson to a playoff birth, but that’s about it.

I agree, too much like Pagano