Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chris Ballard press conference today at 11AM

stitches

This whole thing has made me respect Chris Ballard even more.  If it has the same effect on our players this might be a good thing.  The Colts are going to come out of this looking like the classy organization as opposed to McD.  If it was in McD's character that he could screw over a GM, and several assistant coaches in this way, he did us a favor by pulling this stunt and saving us problems down the road.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, DougDew said:

Ballard handled it well.  But the last part about saying "no" when he was asked if he felt betrayed was a complete lie, IMO.  A bit too smooth considering the circumstances.

yeah... I caught that.  His body language and tone said otherwise!  He also was asked about going to the league, said that would be above his head so it reads to me that Irsay is making that call.

2 minutes ago, Bluesmith said:

This whole thing has made me respect Chris Ballard even more.  If it has the same effect on our players this might be a good thing.  The Colts are going to come out of this looking like the classy organization as opposed to McD.  If it was in McD's character that he could screw over a GM, and several assistant coaches in this way, he did us a favor by pulling this stunt and saving us problems down the road.

I agree. This unfortunate situation could unite the team.

2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

yeah... I caught that.  His body language and tone said otherwise!  He also was asked about going to the league, said that would be above his head so it reads to me that Irsay is making that call.

Yeah.  Josh led him so far as to hire assistants and to where Ballard decided to announce him as HC, then pulls out.  How do you NOT feel betrayed?

Not surprised by much of what he discussed. He is taking responsibility for it. 

He maintained poise even though he seemed frustrated. 

What did surprise me: “the rivalry is back on.” He said this as he walked out of the room. That is telling 

Just now, jshipp23 said:

Our local media are terrible. .Not 1 question about tampering on New England's part and possible penalties and compensation for Colts. ..At least get it out there on record so the NFL and national media start picking up on it and have to respond...

There was a question, his reply was more or less "This is beyond my purview right now, this is for others to decide"

5 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

He just walked away and said “The rivalry is back on”. LOL

LOVE IT!!!!

Absolutely Colts have no problem if this rivalry has to go to a nastier level......GO COLTS........And guys on NFL Network right now piling praise  on praise on praise on praise on praise on praise of Ballard about how Ballard talked in this presser !!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Yeah.  Josh led him so far as to hire assistants and to where Ballard decided to announce him as HC, then pulls out.  How do you NOT feel betrayed?

His last sentence proved that one.

1 minute ago, jshipp23 said:

Our local media are terrible. .Not 1 question about tampering on New England's part and possible penalties and compensation for Colts. ..At least get it out there on record so the NFL and national media start picking up on it and have to respond...

They DID ask.  He flatly said that was a decision above him and hes gonna move on and focus on the search.  Which means Irsay gets to make that call. one way or the other

Man, Chris Ballard impresses me more each time I hear him speak.  We are in good hands, for sure.  When he said, the first choice may not be the right choice was very insightful.

We will be fine, he will get the right man here as the HC, and we still have lots of $$$ to spend and the #3 pick.

Also very classy the way he began with the statement about Edwin Jackson and the other man killed on Sunday.

Really put things in perspective from the get go.

2 minutes ago, mds said:

Not surprised by much of what he discussed. He is taking responsibility for it. 

He maintained poise even though he seemed frustrated. 

What did surprise me: “the rivalry is back on.” He said this as he walked out of the room. That is telling 

Yeah, absolutely surprised me, too, and pumped me up. 

That comment told everything about how he felt. 

I hope we can back up the talk, though lol. 

1 minute ago, Andrew86 said:

Fantastic so whatever third pick bottom of the barrel loser coach we get is saddled with coordinators he has no say in.  Freaking fantastic! Just what I would expect from the dumpster fire that is the Indianapolis Colts.

That's a positive way to look at it! 

Fantastic so whatever third pick bottom of the barrel loser coach we get is saddled with coordinators he has no say in.  Freaking fantastic! Just what I would expect from the dumpster fire that is the Indianapolis Colts.

we don't have an offensive coordinator yet...do we?

It will be interesting to see if we still go with an offensive guy for head coach.

Don't sweat it, there's 31 other teams to root for.

Just now, TheMarine said:

There was a question, his reply was more or less "This is beyond my purview right now, this is for others to decide"

It was about rules for interviewing coaches in playoffs, not the same thing...Should have been about Patriots coming in last minute after it was Known he agreed to come here.....Im glad he is not  now, but if we can get draft picks it will be icing on the cake...I was excited about what he could do offensively, but questioned his HC leadership qualities...