Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

oldunclemark

Jacksonville (+7.5) at New England (1-21-18)

Okay.....the "Million Dollar Defense' has to stop Brady.....Its on them. 

.........They have to figure out how..............and it has to be now

They haven’t come back to this bunch formations since the first half where they got the wr screen etc. I wish they would get the ball to the outside. 

There's the PI call. Jags playcalling on offense isn't helping them. What happened to the calls from the first half?

The lack of offensive holding calls on the Patriots is ridiculous.  The league wants the Patriots in the SB.  This disaster is all about ratings.  The Patriots against everyone. The league should be ashamed of themselves. So obvious. 

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• He's certainly not irredeemable. There's just a lot more scrutiny that comes with the QB position, fair or not. You can be WR and do drugs, beat women/kids, and still get more chances. CK did none of that.   I'm pretty sure uncle Jim put a foot up his backside, and made a call to Frank. I hope that's enough (Jim's foot), and I think the Colts (and Frank) are a good spot to provide support for him. 
    • I've been touting 2020 as "the year" for a while now.  I might be a year too early, but in watching the league this year one thing has struck me:  there aren't any truly "elite" teams out there.  Yes some are better than others, but IMHO the difference between the top and the bottom isn't as great as it used to be.  The Colts are clearly among the average teams, so I think with another shrewd draft (and that Skins round 2 pick sure looks good!) and a couple of impact FA's, I think this team can contend next year.  And Mr. Brady isn't going to be around much longer either.
    • Just to bring this back to last Sunday. Reich should of given hoyer all the snaps in practice.  Because if Jacoby could of went he would of  been fine with no reps. Then we would of had two QB prepared.
    • Agree 100% on Willis from a box perspective. He'll be very good if that's where they focus him. On Okereke, he gets swallowed up easily vs the run. I just don't see that improving a lot with his build. He came from one of the best strength programs in D1, so I just think he's topped out in that space as well. I think that's why they're trying him out in the SAM space.   I think Rock will be fine. Most of his errors are "rookie" type errors you can expect being tossed into the deep end. Physically he's fine. I think the mental part will catch up.
    • That is exactly why the Colts are what they are and teams like the Patriots are a dynasty.  That emotional attachment did not serve Irsay well during the Pagano & Griggson era...did it?   He lost a franchise quarterback as a net result of all of this misplaced attachment because stayed too long with Griggson and Pagano who could not keep Luck out of harm’s way.   Vinny is a legend who has great exploits on his resume.  We get it.  However, I’d argue that most of his greatness was earned wearing another team’s uniform...the Patriots.  He kicked them to 3 Super Bowl titles compared to one in Indy.  He made his name and reputation with the Patriots.  Sure he has played for the Colts longer but his formulative and most accomplished years were spent in New England. And still Belichick had no problem letting him walk in 2005 when he perceived it to be in the best interest of the Patriots.  If Vinatieri was stinking it up like this with the Pats this year he would surely be gone by now...and wisely so.  But Ballard, Reich and Irsay are led by the heart strings (as you imply) and as a result the team suffers on the field.  It’s a bad message sent to the rest of the team.  Certain players can under perform and be rewarded solely on the basis of who they are and what they have achieved in the past.  While others are held accountable for poor play.  It’s a double standard that eats away at that  locker room “culture” that Ballard supposedly values so much.  Well...we are no longer living in the past and the present day Adam Vinatieri is a liability on the field to this football team.  A liability that teams like the Colts choose to live with to their detriment.  That’s not admirable...it is downright foolish in my opinion.
  • Members