Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jacksonville (+7.5) at New England (1-21-18)

oldunclemark

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

It's ridiculous. They wanted Brady in the Super Bowl. I can't wait til he is gone. I know you love the guy but can't root for him. 

Almost every fan of every team can't wait for him to be gone prolly the most disliked player in NFL history.

Just now, will426 said:

Gaurantee they play the pats they will get schooled worst than the Jags. They don’t match up as well as the Jags did with the pats but we shall see

Watch the second game and see if you still think so..Minnesota is smarter in the secondary...Jax is wild and fast but it cost them today

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

At least McDaniels cant get bashed now, he didn't lose to Bortles haha. I knew there was know way the Pats would lose. Nice effort though by Jacks. Jacks has a nice young nucleus but they aren't going back to the Final 4. I predicted 27-20 Pats, damn I was close.

Good call

2 hours ago, Narcosys said:

Why cheer for them? I'm cheering for AFC South on this one...and against the pats.

1. There is no Pats rivalry. That has been dead for years. So I really don't have any strong feelings either way.

2. I hate it when bad QBs win and then get all the credit and people start talking about them like they are elite. See: Flacco. I also just don't like Bortles.

15 minutes ago, BloodyChamp said:

It wasn't the refs today boys. And we deserve this if the best the conference can do is the Jags. Where are the bleeping Colts? Will the Raiders ever rejoin the NFL? Did somebody say Hugh Jackson and Marvin Lewis are still employed? The Pats next game is against either of the 2 biggest SB chokers not named Bill, and I don't mean Bill for Belichik.

Bortles sucks. Get Eli, Tom. He doesn't know how to lead a WR. Every over the shoulder throw was batted dow today, with minimal effort. 

Eli is done.  Smith would be a much better fit. 

1 minute ago, will426 said:

Look at the adjustments McDaniels made second half you cannot tell me you guys aren’t excited about him playcalling for us man 

Definitely agree with that.

These Colts teams are usually dead for long periods in games. McD gets his guys into a rhythm real quick after a small slump.

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I wouldn’t go that far but he just doesn’t beat himself and he never gets rattled. Belichick was awesome today the half time adjustments were spectacular.

They don't get rattled because at the end they know the refs will make calls in their favor (or not call penalties that they commit) which will help them win. It is demoralizing. They did play well but the Jags should have won this.

The Jags helped them win by throwing on their last drive when they needed to use up time on the clock. Then Bortles gets sacked and the rest is history. 

4 minutes ago, will426 said:

Nowww don’t start with the Refs Won this game for the pats especially when the Jags were headhunting to take out Gronk then celebrating the hit.

One bad PI missed several holds but they weren’t going to call any of that. Nothing much to say about the refs...home game in NE you expect those calls. Jags definitely wasn’t head hunting that’s just crazy...maybe they should blow up Gronks knee instead...I don’t know what more he could have done. It was well played but NE just makes plays...Jacksonville hopes to make plays.

The narrative seems to be that Blake Bortles played well today. No he didn't. He just didn't play bad. If I'm Jacksonville this game solidifies my desires to find a new QB for next season. He's not a guy you can win big games with. On another note, has a team ever had an easier path than the Patriots have this season?

2 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I stopped watching very late in 2nd half when Jax changed style of playcalling & let the cheaters in for a easy score.

They actually took the Fun out of watching football, and no one is doing a darn thing about it.

Sad.

They got timid, LJ

They threw on first down 8 times in the first half and they led by 11

Then they started running Leonard Fournette in between the tackles on first down and NE started rallying

Cant win with 20 points

3 minutes ago, will426 said:

Look at the adjustments McDaniels made second half you cannot tell me you guys aren’t excited about him playcalling for us man 

I can't remember the last time our team made anything resembling half-time adjustments. Ever.

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

When people talk about the popularity of the NFL being down.they may be ignoring the obvious

Oh yeah it's definitely going down because of them when the refs call games in favor of NE every year the fans get sick of it I know I'm over it 

Too good. They just too good. 

It's funny how ever time NE comes into a game as HEAVY favourites, they end up having to win a close one and we're somehow MORE impressed by then coming out of it.

I fully expect the VIkes to win tonight, and then the Pats to beat em in their building, just so people can have more stuff to praise them over.

I'd take the Vikings and Eagles over the Pats right now because Foles and Keenum know how to lead WRs. That was the difference in the game. The ground ball across the middle late in the 4th didn't help which was a tough throw but if you want to win the game etc etc etc. How many over the shoulder throws were batted down? 7 or 8? And the 1 they made in the 1st Qtr was a circus catch. 

Now...I said I'd take the Vikings and Eagles right now because those teams can win an NFCCG. The SB is a different story, and this 1 is against the Pats.

3 minutes ago, Derakynn said:

1. There is no Pats rivalry. That has been dead for years. So I really don't have any strong feelings either way.

2. I hate it when bad QBs win and then get all the credit and people start talking about them like they are elite. See: Flacco. I also just don't like Bortles.

Difference between Flacco and Bortles isn’t much...but Flacco made those throws at the end of games that Bortles just missed.

Just now, NorthernBlue said:

It's funny how ever time NE comes into a game as HEAVY favourites, they end up having to win a close one and we're somehow MORE impressed by then coming out of it.

I fully expect the VIkes to win tonight, and then the Pats to beat em in their building, just so people can have more stuff to praise them over.

I would not assume that New England will beat Minnesota in Minneapolis

3 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

No chance..Pats wont be a 7-point favorite over Minnesota in Minneapolis

That will be a 1 or 2 point game

it should be more than that

would be an interesting game though, i hope they win today.  its hard to say how many home fans will make the super bowl

1 minute ago, NorthernBlue said:

Yupp. We are soo impressed with Bradys 4th qt comeback again.. but without gronk, and a boo boo hand. And and.. no edleman. His wife is probably on her period. 

I don't think Vikings fans wanna see their team lose the super bowl at home

2 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

Patriots just find a way. It doesn’t matter the competition. They have the best QB to ever play and he’s just automatic. And on the Jaguars, they’re not a one year story. They’ll be back

Pats always pull it out unless they play Peyton or Eli and I bet Jacks doesn't make the Final 4 next season. Our Division will be better and it's tough making it 2 years in a row that far.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Pats always pull it out unless they play Peyton or Eli and I bet Jacks doesn't make the Final 4 next season. Our Division will be better and it's tough making it 2 years in a row that far.

That defense is way too good to not keep Jaguars relevant in the division