Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

oldunclemark

Jacksonville (+7.5) at New England (1-21-18)

Brady is mad on the sidelines! That's not game over but it's a plateau that you have to reach to beat the Pats lol! The flea flicker was a good idea. I bet the deep guy was open. Good job by Bortles to not panic when there was pressure anyway.

THats why you keep running the ball. Help your young qb. Even when it doesn’t get much it is working that defense.

Just now, dgambill said:

THats why you keep running the ball. Help your young qb. Even when it doesn’t get much it is working that defense.

3rd and long kills you

Mo is still on Jax side.  IF they can run off another 5 mins and at least get a FG this game is looking good for them.

Just now, oldunclemark said:

safe throw by Bortles..throw it away

I’d like to see him tuck it and run right at that blitzer and make him miss...he then has no one left after that.

As long as Jac is coming away with points on these drives i think they will be fine. I dont believe the Pats will muster enough O against that D.

Just now, NFLfan said:

Okay, who thinks this will be a call in favor of the Pats?

i wanna see them overturn this... lol jets steeler bills watching close

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

Okay, who thinks this will be a call in favor of the Pats?

I'm worried...I admit

That SHOULD be a fumble

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Popular Now

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Nah... TY, even when healthy, never had a 100 yard game this year. And it wasn't a TY problem either.    We had plenty of open pass catchers all year. It is easy to stop the run (we still ran well by the way) when your QB can hit open guys. And there is no "consistency switch" to flick. The inconsistency is a product of deficiencies. 
    • Mack had 3 100+ yd games in 2019 and 5 in 2018.   Also, Williams got one of his 2 100 yard games against the Jags after Mack went out with his own 100+ yd game against them. They were worn down.   His other game was 26 attempts for 104. So 4.0 yds a carry. That is decent but I wouldn't call that great...   The following game against the Titans he rushed for 1.75 ypc
    • Something people don’t stop and think about is Burrow is almost 2 years older then all the QB in the draft. Has he already hit his ceiling? He isn’t that’s much younger then Mahomes. 
    • If Ballard drafts a QB at 13 or 34, I don't think fans will be triggered if JB starts the season. I think most will expect it (if they actually keep JB on the roster). Fans will only get triggered when we have sub 200 yard games, sub 50 QBRs, losses, etc.. Heck folks keep pointing toward how good JB played the 1st half of the season when we were 5-2. He didn't play really well at all. It's all smoke and mirrors He had two good game (Houston and ATL), one OK game (LAC), and 4 bad games. It just so happened that the "team" covered up a lot of the bad. 3 sub 40 QBR games.. 
    • Mack is simply not a power back.  We should be able to agree on that.    So his between the tackles running, and stats, benefits more from us having a great oline than probably a RB who was more of a power back.  For guys that don't catch the ball, I'd say that Henry, Lynch...and even Gurley or Blount (younger)...and Gore (younger) would probably have even more yardage than Mack behind our line.  Those are true between the tackles runners.   The question you posed is about money.  There may not be many RBs that do it all, but that's the kind I would look for to spend money on.  As it stands, with our oline, I think if Mack stays kinda one dimensional, he's fairly replaceable and isn't worth a big contract, IMO.   And I don't think of Hines as much of a RB at all.  He's earned his keep as a PR and should really be working towards being placed on the receiving corp depth chart and not the RB depth chart, IMO.  He's not a down the field receiver, but a specialty play receiver...aka Sproles...had a role in Reich's O.   You harp on JB, and he certainly has his faults, but our RB corps is not great and has players that are poor fits for doing things, IMO.  I think they are pretty easily upgradeable and not worth much of a contract, as it stands today.
  • Members

• Moosejawcolt

Moosejawcolt 736

• aaron11

aaron11 2,542

4192480 7

Rookie
    • JMichael557

JMichael557 261

• 1959Colts

1959Colts 2,368

• Indeee