Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jacksonville (+7.5) at New England (1-21-18)

oldunclemark

4 hours ago, GoPats said:

LOL I honestly don't remember, it was probably 1993? But I do remember great hospitality and very welcoming folks. I'm probably a little atypical for a New Englander (I'm from rural NH originally) but I remember the trip fondly. 

Vincennes is a nice town. Always enjoy my time there. Doesn’t surprise me the people were nice as most Hoosiers are, except for those rascals in Bloomington. I’ve heard they enjoy taking candy from babies.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, JimJaime said:

The only evidence we have of PSI difference is the AFC Championship game, and Troy Aikman was speaking when the FALSE report was out that all the balls were 2 psi lower when in fact the only one that was that low was the one INT by the Colts.  The rest were .001 to .05 lower not enough for Brady or anyone else to notice.

As for the NFL wanting to do this, it may not sound logical but these are the Same People who didn't know about the ideal gas law and that the temp could effect the balls. The proof it was a witch hunt. 1. Hiring a lab that is KNOWN for getting results their clients want. (Most famously releasing a report saying second hand smoke doesn't cause cancer) 2. Allowing a false report on PSI to stay out there for months without correcting it allowing the public to solidify their opinion on false info. 3. Goodwill Lying in his appeal decision, which is proven by reading the transcripts which the NFL wanted sealed. 4. Even if said deflation happened, similar infractions were not even punished meanwhile they give the Patriots the largest fine and loss of draft picks ever and suspend Brady with NO EVIDENCE. (Even though their own report stated BB and the Patriots were unaware and that Brady was more likely than not.)

that said aid I believe the ball boys were up to no good but there was no evidence and only the NFL punishes with no evidence. Hell they did it to Big Ben and Elliot.hell Elliot had proof of innocence and he still got 6 games! Deflategate should scare every fan as it showed the abuse of power by the commissioner and that he can do it to anyone.

In arbitration decided cases-

"The grounds for review are very limited and in no event contemplate a complete rehearing and new decision on the merits.

The Federal Arbitration Act and the similar Uniform Arbitration Act provide the grounds for review of an arbitration decision. Review is limited to the vacating of an award procured by corruption or fraud, or where there is evident partiality or corruption in the arbitrators, or an arbitrator is guilty of misconduct in refusing to allow a justified postponement of the hearings or refusing to hear evidence, or where the arbitrators exceed their powers or imperfectly execute those powers so that the decision should not be made final."

Make a case proving any of the above, and you are on your way to having an arbitration case decision reversed.  Nobody has been able to do that (at least in appeal to higher courts).

In addition, these items (and all the other... Gas Law, etc... etc...) have been covered over and over before and are permanantly etched in the forum archives, and all deflategate type discussions since halted.  Move on(everyone) from this topic, or posts will be hidden and or thread(s) will be closed.

Thanks.

11 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

In arbitration decided cases-

"The grounds for review are very limited and in no event contemplate a complete rehearing and new decision on the merits.

The Federal Arbitration Act and the similar Uniform Arbitration Act provide the grounds for review of an arbitration decision. Review is limited to the vacating of an award procured by corruption or fraud, or where there is evident partiality or corruption in the arbitrators, or an arbitrator is guilty of misconduct in refusing to allow a justified postponement of the hearings or refusing to hear evidence, or where the arbitrators exceed their powers or imperfectly execute those powers so that the decision should not be made final."

Make a case proving any of the above, and you are on your way to having an arbitration case decision reversed.  Nobody has been able to do that (at least in appeal to higher courts).

In addition, these items (and all the other... Gas Law, etc... etc...) have been covered over and over before and are permanantly etched in the forum archives, and all deflategate type discussions since halted.  Move on(everyone) from this topic, or posts will be hidden and or thread(s) will be closed.

Thanks.

Ok, first the courts did that when they vacated the 4 games.  The appeals court reversed it BECAUSE the CBA literally gives the commissioner the ability to deal out punishment any way he likes for any reason he likes. In other words the players have no recourse EVEN if it is unjust. If you need proof of this see Ezekiel elliot. Or Big Ben 4 game suspension for an accusation that was dropped and never proven!  

On 1/22/2018 at 10:43 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You keep saying thanks to his Defense he won 2 SB's. So I guess that doesn't apply to Tom Brady at all when he only threw for 145 Yards against the Rams and 1 TD. It was his Defense that shut down Kurt Warner and Marshall Faulk wasn't it? How about the INT at the end of the Seattle SB win, without that the Pats lose if Seattle just runs the ball. I guess Big Ben doesn't deserve his SB win in SB 40 either considering he stunk up the joint? Just asking? 2015 counts whether anyone likes it or not and it's big legacy wise to say you won multiple SB's. Also Peyton played well in the SB vs the Bears who had a Great Defense. He threw for 247 Yards and had a 60 Yard TD pass to Wayne in a rainy soaked game, only had 1 early pick. He was Great against the Pats leading up to that game with tremendous pressure on him to get it done. In 2015 he played a Good game vs the Pats in the Title Game as well.

-During Brady's whole Playoff run in 2001, he threw for only 572 Yards and only had 1 TD with 1 INT, so by your logic his SB win shouldn't count as he had very little to do with the Pats winning in 2001. Also Vinatieri won the SB for them with a 48 Yard FG to boot. Guess what, they all count for QB's as long as they start the game. Even if it's the Defense that carries a QB at times, that QB still has to find away to not mess it up. Peyton didn't make any critical error's while Cam the League MVP did.

Name some Bradys HoF players that he played on defense with? I’ll wait.

Bradys first 2 rings were won as a game managing QB (I ll agree with that) but Manning has never won a SB because of his capability.

and thats a fact. 

Why am I surprised that a thread about the AFC title game turns into Brady vs Manning? 

At least it was fun to watch as a rivalry. This dude Brady would be going for his 10th SB title if not for the Mannings. 

I am curious to see what changes the Jags make. This is pretty much their ceiling, IMO. 

14 hours ago, JimJaime said:

Ok, first the courts did that when they vacated the 4 games.  The appeals court reversed it BECAUSE the CBA literally gives the commissioner the ability to deal out punishment any way he likes for any reason he likes. In other words the players have no recourse EVEN if it is unjust. If you need proof of this see Ezekiel elliot. Or Big Ben 4 game suspension for an accusation that was dropped and never proven!  

Because it was not nor can not be proven Goodell was/is issuing the punishments via fraud, evident partiality, corruption, misconduct, or refusing to hear evidence, or exceed his powers (which are abundant).

You cannot re-try the case (which lower courts attempted to do), just determine if Goodell violated any of the above.  That's all, so upper courts re-instated te award until it is shown there was (any) violation of above items listed.

This has all been talked about ad infinitum in earlier threads (which are all CLOSED).  This thread has overrun it's course and is also now closed.

Start new threads on a subject please.