Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Garcon Contract Rumors [Merge]

MTC

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol, he's a #3 WR so if he thinks he's better than that good bye! I don't like his attitude anyway, just like last year when he acted like a spoiled child and kept calling out his QB on the field.

Agree with #3 WR and poor attitude. He will make a great catch and drop one that hits him in his hands. Cya Garsawn

I'm saying that if he's our #1 receiver, we'll suck at receiver. But I have Collie ahead of him because I think Collie is a more complete receiver. Garcon is faster and more physical, but Collie can play slot or outside and do just fine. Runs better routes, has better hands, and has good speed himself. If Reggie walks and it's just Collie and Garcon, to me, Collie is the #1, regardless of where he lines up, just like Welker is the #1 in New England.

Having Garcon out there makes me feel a lot better about the receiving position on this team. I like Collie as a pure receiver more too, but Garcon is no scrub. He really improved from last year. I feel with just overall better QB play, someone who could mix it up with who he throws it to (Peyton), all our guys would have had very decent production. I honestly don't remember him having the dropsies like he did his first two years.

Also people always talk about a guy's route running ability. I don't even know what that means. You run the route you're supposed to. Shouldn't be too hard to figure out. If you're talking about separation or ability to adjust his route on options, then that would make more sense, at least to me.

Having Garcon out there makes me feel a lot better about the receiving position on this team. I like Collie as a pure receiver more too, but Garcon is no scrub. He really improved from last year. I feel with just overall better QB play, someone who could mix it up with who he throws it to (Peyton), all our guys would have had very decent production. I honestly don't remember him having the dropsies like he did his first two years.

I'm not one of the guys pushing him out the door. I just don't think he's good enough to be turning down anyone's five year offer, as long as it was reasonable.

Also people always talk about a guy's route running ability. I don't even know what that means. You run the route you're supposed to. Shouldn't be too hard to figure out. If you're talking about separation or ability to adjust his route on options, then that would make more sense, at least to me.

Some guys run routes better, with greater agility. You can be fast, but not have quick change of direction. You can telegraph your routes if you're not careful. And so on. Some guys just run routes better than others. It's one of those things.

I'm not one of the guys pushing him out the door. I just don't think he's good enough to be turning down anyone's five year offer, as long as it was reasonable.

Some guys run routes better, with greater agility. You can be fast, but not have quick change of direction. You can telegraph your routes if you're not careful. And so on. Some guys just run routes better than others. It's one of those things.

Unless you're Larry Fitzgerald route running is everything. Marvin Harrison wouldve been a bust if he didn't know every dang trick in the book and ran routes like a robot.

Take marvin's guns away and bring him back as a wr advisor. He's actually a super sweet guy who loves football. Our legacy for whatever these last since 1998 have been is quickly going up in smoke, we won't have anyone left from the old guard, not as coach, advisor, nothing. The whole Bill Polian thing is the most baffling. He has sons...

I want to say Channel 8 said they talked to Garcon's agent it could be Adam talked to the Colts and maybe they feel like they offered Garcon a contract. I know that's a long shot but Grigson is a first time GM so maybe he wasn't clear. It's far more likely Adam got this wrong I'll admit that.

If it is true though the Colts are pretty much left with the following options:

Offer Garcon number one money

Focus on keeping Wayne and letting Garcon walk

Taking the money they would have spent on Garcon and go get another WR on the market

Make a move to get a WR in the draft

Work out something with Mathis now and tag Garcon.

They can't go into next season with Collie as the number one WR and White as the number two even if they keep Tamme and bring back Clark.

Can't argue there....he has no business turning down a five year deal, I seriously doubt the money was anything less than 4 mil a year. If he thinks he's getting more than that he's delusioinal. It's not like he's Megatron or Fitzgerald level.

Channel 8 said at 5:00 they talked to Garcon's agent and he said that the Colts had not made Garcon a formal offer yet and that he hasn't turned down anything.

Here's the post from earlier that I'm sure some of you readers have not seen. Or at least I guess so, by the nature of the last few posts.

Its hard to imagine a player from Mount Union College, a D3 school with no scholarships, to not take a 5 year package deal. I have never been the biggest Garcon fan anyways. I am sure he loves Manning. He made that dude look good. If he does come back he needs to be a little more humble.

1. Garcon put up very good numbers this year with Painter, Collins and Orlovsky getting him th ball often being the only player other teams had reason to fear. This year proved Garcon is not just the product of Peyton Manning.

2. Just because he came from a small school doesn't mean that he some how owes it to the Colts to just be grateful with whatever the Colts offer him. If he thinks he can get more on the open market he has every right to explore that option if he wishes.

3. I repeat what I said earlier at 5:00 Channel 8 reported this story and said they had talked to Garcon's agent who told them that the Colts had yet to make a formal offer to Garcon and Garcon has not turned down anything. This could be a ESPN getting a little ahead of themselves. It wouldn't be the first time that has happened this off-season in regards to the Colts, aside from all the Manning stuff remember John Clayton being on ESPN report Caldwell's job was safe while the ticker was reporting that Caldwell had been fired?

1. Garcon put up very good numbers this year with Painter, Collins and Orlovsky getting him th ball often being the only player other teams had reason to fear. This year proved Garcon is not just the product of Peyton Manning.

2. Just because he came from a small school doesn't mean that he some how owes it to the Colts to just be grateful with whatever the Colts offer him. If he thinks he can get more on the open market he has every right to explore that option if he wishes.

3. I repeat what I said earlier at 5:00 Channel 8 reported this story and said they had talked to Garcon's agent who told them that the Colts had yet to make a formal offer to Garcon and Garcon has not turned down anything. This could be a ESPN getting a little ahead of themselves. It wouldn't be the first time that has happened this off-season in regards to the Colts, aside from all the Manning stuff remember John Clayton being on ESPN report Caldwell's job was safe while the ticker was reporting that Caldwell had been fired?

Well, thanks for the ESPN update. You havent talked to the agent or Garcon either. I am not bashing the dude, just stated some opinions. He isnt the even the best number 3 ball catcher on the team. The only reason Clark had such a bad season is all the QBs that started had a rotating head. They where only looking at the left side line or the right side line. That is the reason Clark and Collie had such down years. That is what bad QBs do. They dont look up the middle for anything. They either bomb it down a sideline, or look for a comeback route on the sideline.

heard on the combine special on the NFL network earlier today that Garcon was wanting # 1 WR money, somewhere close to around 60 - 65 million. I dont know how much truth is in on the ammount, but these guys that were talking seem to be getting alot of their info about whats going on in the NFL from team owners and GM's to me that is a reliable source.

heard on the combine special on the NFL network earlier today that Garcon was wanting # 1 WR money, somewhere close to around 60 - 65 million. I dont know how much truth is in on the ammount, but these guys that were talking seem to be getting alot of their info about whats going on in the NFL from team owners and GM's to me that is a reliable source.

If this thread was any lesson to you, it would seem they get all their information from a magic 8 ball.

outlook-not-so-good.jpg

Well, thanks for the ESPN update. You havent talked to the agent or Garcon either. I am not bashing the dude, just stated some opinions. He isnt the even the best number 3 ball catcher on the team. The only reason Clark had such a bad season is all the QBs that started had a rotating head. They where only looking at the left side line or the right side line. That is the reason Clark and Collie had such down years. That is what bad QBs do. They dont look up the middle for anything. They either bomb it down a sideline, or look for a comeback route on the sideline.

I never said I did...I clearly said channel 8 said they had...

So what's that say if Garcon had a good year in a year that everyone else had a down season? There were several times Garcon caught something short and turnd into something long that's not the QB just throwing it down the sideline that's Garcon being a good player.

Also I saw Clark drop several easy passes this season that had nothing to do with the QB so no the QB wasn't the only reason Clark struggled this season and before I am accused of hating on the guy Clark is my favorite player on the team.

You can have your opinion Garcon and whoever you would like that is fine. I am aloud to have mine as well which doesn't agree with yours and I am aloud to state it in response to you just because I don't agree with you doesn't mean I some how saying you aren't aloud to have your opinion. Also I never said you were bashing on Garcon. I was just stating my opinion back about him.

I never said I did...I clearly said channel 8 said they had...

So what's that say if Garcon had a good year in a year that everyone else had a down season? There were several times Garcon caught something short and turnd into something long that's not the QB just throwing it down the sideline that's Garcon being a good player.

Also I saw Clark drop several easy passes this season that had nothing to do with the QB so no the QB wasn't the only reason Clark struggled this season and before I am accused of hating on the guy Clark is my favorite player on the team.

You can have your opinion Garcon and whoever you would like that is fine. I am aloud to have mine as well which doesn't agree with yours and I am aloud to state it in response to you just because I don't agree with you doesn't mean I some how saying you aren't aloud to have your opinion. Also I never said you were bashing on Garcon. I was just stating my opinion back about him.

It says to me that the only reason that Wayne and Garcon had a decent year was because everyone else had a horrible year. Besides my man Brown.

You have to throw the ball to someone. lol . They ranked 27th in passing yards. How many people do you think are going to catch a ball? I hope at least your recievers

I want to say Channel 8 said they talked to Garcon's agent it could be Adam talked to the Colts and maybe they feel like they offered Garcon a contract. I know that's a long shot but Grigson is a first time GM so maybe he wasn't clear. It's far more likely Adam got this wrong I'll admit that.

If it is true though the Colts are pretty much left with the following options:

Offer Garcon number one money

Focus on keeping Wayne and letting Garcon walk

Taking the money they would have spent on Garcon and go get another WR on the market

Make a move to get a WR in the draft

Work out something with Mathis now and tag Garcon.

They can't go into next season with Collie as the number one WR and White as the number two even if they keep Tamme and bring back Clark.

Crazy! We actually agree on something for once :clap: There's no way that you can let Garcon and Wayne both walk without some kind of a replacement plan. Personally, I doubt this actually went down because Schefter has been an embarassment since he left NFL Network with his constant attempts at breaking stories that never come to fruition.