Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Garcon Contract Rumors [Merge]

MTC

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bye!

I can think of a few drops that sent him off my radar. I can't believe we offered him a 5 year deal. Why? Is this because we don't want to seek WR's in the draft? Is this confirmation that they want to let go of Reggie? Is this an opportunity to resign Reggie?

Bye!

I can think of a few drops that sent him off my radar. I can't believe we offered him a 5 year deal. Why? Is this because we don't want to seek WR's in the draft? Is this confirmation that they want to let go of Reggie? Is this an opportunity to resign Reggie?

Reggie might take it a a HUGE slap to the face that they offered Garcon the contract first. Although he's said he knows it's a business

lol, he's a #3 WR so if he thinks he's better than that good bye! I don't like his attitude anyway, just like last year when he acted like a spoiled child and kept calling out his QB on the field.

He has the potential to be a #2. I can't remember him calling out anyone on the field. I think Wayne's attitude towards free agency has been way worse than Garcon's. We still aren't sure why Garcon rejected the deal

Anyone thinking the Peyton decision will have a complete domino effect on our current free agents?

Absolutely. I thought Saturday all but said he'd retire without Peyton, without actually saying as much. Without Peyton, these guys are gonna be jumping ship like an Italian boat captain.

I just heard on NFL Live that Garcon has turned down a 5 yr contract offer from the Colts. Does anybody have any info about this? They didn't give any numbers or any other info other than he just turned it down.

the Colts arent offering 5 years to anybody else....

..I'm suddenly wondering about this 'breaking news'

I cant figure why he'd run down 5 years...maybe nothing was guaranteed?

I'm waiting for the details of the 5-year deal he rejected.

I bet this will provide some feedback to some mock-cappers who provided the following mock contracts they thought Garcon would accept:

1) 4 years; $30MM, $7MM upfront bonus

2) 5 years; $20MM, $5MM upfront bonus

3) 4 years; $37MM, $4MM upfront bonus

He has the potential to be a #2. I can't remember him calling out anyone on the field. I think Wayne's attitude towards free agency has been way worse than Garcon's. We still aren't sure why Garcon rejected the deal

Not sure you see everything on TV but when your at the game you see things. There were severals times he was out on the field and he started going crazy because the QB checked out of a play going to him. He came over several times and yelled at the coaches and pointed at the QB. I seen it and it got worse as the season went on. Probable seen this happen about seven times throughout the season. He never would have done that if Manning were the QB.

I'm waiting for the details of the 5-year deal he rejected.

I bet this will provide some feedback to some mock-cappers who provided the following mock contracts they thought Garcon would accept:

1) 4 years; $30MM, $7MM upfront bonus

2) 5 years; $20MM, $5MM upfront bonus

Yeah, that's what I'm waiting for, too. But what will really be telling is the kind of deal he eventually gets.

Without the details its pointless to speculate.

They might have low-balled him.

He might have wanted the moon.

What he feels he's worth could be entirely different from what the team feels...

Moon

:blueshoe:

Garcon's worth

Low Ball

I hope they can get something worked out but last thing I want to do is pay him WR #1 money. Maybe he deserves an incentive laden deal so that if he actually produces he can get paid like one, especially if it is a 5 year contract, but he shouldn't be given it outright. It will be interesting to hear the details of the offer.

Not sure you see everything on TV but when your at the game you see things. There were severals times he was out on the field and he started going crazy because the QB checked out of a play going to him. He came over several times and yelled at the coaches and pointed at the QB. I seen it and it got worse as the season went on. Probable seen this happen about seven times throughout the season. He never would have done that if Manning were the QB.

Yeah, that's something you can't catch on TV. I never knew about that.