Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Garcon Contract Rumors [Merge]

MTC

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Colston signing happens, you franchise Mathis, and worry about extending Freeney next year (or trading him based on how well he does in the new D).

I don't think you have the cap space to do all three of those contracts, even if you release Manning. Mathis' tag would be $10.6 million, and Freeney's cap hit is $19 million.

• 2 weeks later...

Rumor has it that Pierre Garcon turned down an offer from the Colts. It seemed like a lucrative offer if about 7 mil per year was correct. This year several free agents are available who are ranked above Garcon. The draft is also deep with WR talent. Maybe Garcon ends up with far less than the Colts offered.

I think he want to follow Peyton and Reggie to Miami, even if that means making less money. I'd rather give that contract to Marques Colston who I think is a lot better than Garçon anyways.

I think he want to follow Peyton and Reggie to Miami, even if that means making less money. I'd rather give that contract to Marques Colston who I think is a lot better than Garçon anyways.

Miami isn't big enough for Marshall, Wayne, Garcon, Bess, and Hartline. That's just too many guys to get the ball to, and too much money tied up at WR, when they have other holes.

It seems like the Colts have 2 receivers that want out. Maybe they should focus on keeping one of them and do everything to keep them. Maybe make Reggie stay and Garcon walk. Reggie is a great constant and a great receiver who could help out Luck a lot in his first year. He's still got it, the only thing is not for long.