Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Garcon Contract Rumors [Merge]

MTC

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm saying that if he's our #1 receiver, we'll suck at receiver. But I have Collie ahead of him because I think Collie is a more complete receiver. Garcon is faster and more physical, but Collie can play slot or outside and do just fine. Runs better routes, has better hands, and has good speed himself. If Reggie walks and it's just Collie and Garcon, to me, Collie is the #1, regardless of where he lines up, just like Welker is the #1 in New England.

Collie does have better hands but did drop some last year. He does run better routes than Garcon. Collie is OK outside & would play there if he was BETTER than Garcon. Garcon is better blocker & much faster & gets much more RAC yardage. Collie is good he is small not even CLOSE at this point to Welker at this point & potentially concussion away from his career ending. If Garcon was our #1 it wouldn't be for long because your are correct he is more like a 2 or 3, with potently the upside of someone like Hines Ward possible but in his prime & FASTER. I certainty wouldn't overpay but he is good, & given our CURRENT ROSTER he is our best guy!

Collie does have better hands but did drop some last year. He does run better routes than Garcon. Collie is OK outside & would play there if he was BETTER than Garcon. Garcon is better blocker & much faster & gets much more RAC yardage. Collie is good he is small not even CLOSE at this point to Welker at this point & potentially concussion away from his career ending. If Garcon was our #1 it wouldn't be for long because your are correct he is more like a 2 or 3, with potently the upside of someone like Hines Ward possible but in his prime & FASTER. I certainty wouldn't overpay but he is good, & given our CURRENT ROSTER he is our best guy!

I want to say (Wayne situation excluded) that Collie is our best guy. However I question his toughness. Garcon's only leg up on Collie is his inherent toughness and moxie.

Many plays have led me to that conclusion, none more so than this;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSAyPOT2zkQ

Absolutely. I thought Saturday all but said he'd retire without Peyton, without actually saying as much. Without Peyton, these guys are gonna be jumping ship like an Italian boat captain.

......and yet today at the combine on NFLN Saturday said he's playing if someone has the right contract for him to sign.

Are people really downgrading Garcon because of this? Like hes not even good enough to be a number 2 or 3 receiver? Wow name me 1 wide-receiver in the league who catchs 70 balls for 1000 yards that aren't even good enough for the number 2 role.

He's just fine at being a #2.

But for what its worth, the player your looking for would be Desean Jackson.....

Indy's 3rd round pick????? What's your take?

What do you mean? Who do I think we should go after in the 3rd round this year? Im not sure yet, Im watching the WR's at the combine now, and I've got a serious crush on Stephen Hill. No way he's landing in the 3rd though, he may have just punched his ticket with a 1st rd selection

What do you mean? Who do I think we should go after in the 3rd round this year? Im not sure yet, Im watching the WR's at the combine now, and I've got a serious crush on Stephen Hill. No way he's landing in the 3rd though, he may have just punched his ticket with a 1st rd selection

No sorry for being vaugue....you mentioned Desean Jackson and I read were he was being shopped. I wondered if you would give Indy's 3rd round pick for him realizing that he will have he franchise tag on him?

No sorry for being vaugue....you mentioned Desean Jackson and I read were he was being shopped. I wondered if you would give Indy's 3rd round pick for him realizing that he will have he franchise tag on him?

Would I give a 3rd or him? Absolutley. I think its going to take alot more than a 3rd to get him tho.

Im not much of a 'character' guy, but if any one player in the NFL has those 'problems' it'd be Desean. But for a 3rd, I'd let him slap my mom. What he would do for our ST alone I would give up a 3rd.

I think "Pete the Waiter" and his agent better tune in to the Combine and check out some of these WR prospects.... because a couple of them are really turning heads.

I don't know what kind of $$$ the Colts offerred him.... but he's Pierre Garcon, not Calvin Johnson.

This is not to say we shouldn't try to retain him.... but his value on the free agent market with several pretty good looking WR prospects coming in under the rookie salary cap could be less than he thinks.

Im wondering why the colts would even want him for 5 more years?????????? I'm seriously questioning our new GM's judgement

We still don't know the terms and they probably thought that it would be good to maintain some consistency from the old regime, (the positive aspects), and Pierre was a good #2.

Would I give a 3rd or him? Absolutley. I think its going to take alot more than a 3rd to get him tho.

Im not much of a 'character' guy, but if any one player in the NFL has those 'problems' it'd be Desean. But for a 3rd, I'd let him slap my mom. What he would do for our ST alone I would give up a 3rd.

I'll try and find the article but it stated that Philly was going to tag him and wanted a high round pick for him. The article stated that it was doubtful any team would give up a 1st or 2nd rounder for him. So I wondered if they would take the 1st pick in the 3rd round? I would do it as it is doubtful you could draft a DJ with that pick.

This is interesting. However, I would like to see a better source and more details as to exactly what was offered, including the upfront bonus dollars.

It would inform several posters how off their estimates are regarding the possibility and the costs of re-signing Garcon.

True FROG MAN...

..actually I thought he was in the 7-10 mil, range but if they offered five years...I'm surprised he didnt jump at it..

Looks like its Pierre OR Reggie///not both...

True FROG MAN...

..actually I thought he was in the 7-10 mil, range but if they offered five years...I'm surprised he didnt jump at it..

Looks like its Pierre OR Reggie///not both...

Mark,

Let me share with you the mock cap assumptions for re-singing Garcon:

1) 5 years, $20MM, of which $5MM upfront bonus

2) 4 years, $30MM, of which $7MM upfront bonus

3) 4 years, $37MM, of which $4MM upfront bonus (Frog)

Mine is #3.

Not worth that money. I would say 5 years 15 mill is about is worth. Add insentives to be worth 20-25 that could be worth more if he reaches certain milestones. Thats about all he is worth IMO. Id rather bring back Reggie. Id say that if they both leave we can double up on Wide outs the way the Bucs did a couple years back. Maybe draft WR in 2nd and 3rd or 3rd and 4th. And bring back Gonzo cheap.

Mark,

Let me share with you the mock cap assumptions for re-singing Garcon:

1) 5 years, $20MM, of which $5MM upfront bonus

2) 4 years, $30MM, of which $7MM upfront bonus

3) 4 years, $37MM, of which $4MM upfront bonus (Frog)

Mine is #3.

They will probably over pay, but number 1 is what I put his worth at. He has not shown to be a solid number 1 wide out, so he needs paid like a number 2 which is what I think he is.

Gonzo is too injury prone

Garcon has hands of a statue

Wayne is getting long in the tooth (need his leadership however)

White (i have no idea where he's at)

Collie is one hit away from retirement

So really all we have that is a sure thing is our Tight End Dallas Clark, he should have a few more really good years then drop down from a peak level.

We could always resign Gonzo. He is a capable player, he just had bad luck a couple years with injuries. He'd be really cheap too, that is if he even wants to stay here.....might want a fresh start.

So that leaves us with Gonzo, Collie, and White at WR. All three have had injury issues in the past that have had them miss major chunks of time. I don't think you can count on that going into a season.

Look we might not like that Garcon said no (if he did last I heard the only person who had talked to Garcon's agent was Channel 8 and at the time they reported that Garcon's agent said the Colts had not made an offer to Garcon for them to turn down.) but for Garcon it's the smart thing to do. This is his chance for a big pay day and he knows the Colts need a WR and even if he says no and tests the market he can go back and get this deal in the future I am sure. By turning it down he might force the Colts pay a little more money or another team might be willing to give him more money. I know it's a loaded free agent class at WR but all it takes is one team to decide that they think Garcon can be a number one and pay him that money.