Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Garcon Contract Rumors [Merge]

MTC

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know he's being ripped a little bit here, but I like the guy. Nobody knows the terms of the contract, but a 5 year deal is pretty freakin' favorable for a guy who has yet to break 1,000 yards. He easily would have had those numbers with Big P, but stil.....

His drops were down quite a bit this year. Clark has drops too, but totally lacks the explosion of Garcon.

Wayne is probably gone this year. I don't feel comfortable with Austin Collie out right and Blair White out left. I like those guys but you gotta have some speed/explosiveness.

I know he's being ripped a little bit here, but I like the guy. Nobody knows the terms of the contract, but a 5 year deal is pretty freakin' favorable for a guy who has yet to break 1,000 yards. He easily would have had those numbers with Big P, but stil.....

His drops were down quite a bit this year. Clark has drops too, but totally lacks the explosion of Garcon.

Wayne is probably gone this year. I don't feel comfortable with Austin Collie out right and Blair White out left. I like those guys but you gotta have some speed/explosiveness.

P-nator..

Reggie isnt gone if Pierre walks...

Sounds like Garcon turned down some of Reggie's money

P-nator..

Reggie isnt gone if Pierre walks...

Sounds like Garcon turned down some of Reggie's money

My thoughts exactly. We aren't going huntin for 2 WR's this off-season. We get rid of the speed guy that can't catch a cold in Siberia and keep the 'possession' guy that can catch a fish in a mud puddle.

I'm waiting for the details of the 5-year deal he rejected.

I bet this will provide some feedback to some mock-cappers who provided the following mock contracts they thought Garcon would accept:

1) 4 years; $30MM, $7MM upfront bonus

2) 5 years; $20MM, $5MM upfront bonus

3) 4 years; $37MM, $4MM upfront bonus

I hope he reconsiders, FROG MAN

That's good money for him......those deals there are right in his range..

maybe he's just negotiating..

better be careful though,...or he'll be in Denver blocking for Tim Tebow..

I look at some of these posts and laugh. He [Garcon] has had a problem holding on to the ball, but he's also made big explosive plays down the field as well. Now that he has rejected Colt's offer, everyone is like get him out of here, I never liked his attitude, he's always dropping balls, but just a week or 2 ago, everyone was saying we must resign Garcon back. That changed quick! So now some of you hope the Colt's don't offer him another contract offer. What if they release PM and then offer him a new deal and he rejects it. Would you feel the same way about him, how you feeling about Garcon right now?

(PS) Yes I know PM has done wayyyyyyyyy more then what Garcon will ever do!

Channel 8 said at 5:00 they talked to Garcon's agent and he said that the Colts had not made Garcon a formal offer yet and that he hasn't turned down anything.

So nothing has changed. I hope we get some definitive information on Garcon contract status with the Colts. One thing for sure, in this instantaneous communications world of today every little bit of information - real, imagined, tweaked, made up etc gets wide dissemination.

So nothing has changed. I hope we get some definitive information on Garcon contract status with the Colts. One thing for sure, in this instantaneous communications world of today every little bit of information - real, imagined, tweaked, made up etc gets wide dissemination.

Our amazing technology has allowed us to pass on faulty information with great speed.

I'm waiting for the details of the 5-year deal he rejected.

I bet this will provide some feedback to some mock-cappers who provided the following mock contracts they thought Garcon would accept:

1) 4 years; $30MM, $7MM upfront bonus

2) 5 years; $20MM, $5MM upfront bonus

3) 4 years; $37MM, $4MM upfront bonus

I was the five year one!!!!! They know I'm so knowledgeable they read my posts and follow me! lmao

Well if we do lose Manning, Wayne, Garçon, Clark, Sat, it might be wise having a serious offensive draft. Some good TEs are even projected to go in the third. Maybe Floyd, Sanu, or Alshon will fall to the 2nd, Luck in the first. Pick up some OL in rounds 4 + and address defensive issues via FA and UDFA. Then next year we could address more defensive issues in the draft. It would be critical to give Luck (assuming the Colts draft him) some young weapons to develop chemistry with.

If we lose all those guys, the Colts should be able to retain all of their defensive players and could acquire fillers via FA, UDFA or later rounds of the draft, thus IMO making offense a priority.

He is probably looking for number one money in the market since the wide receiver market won't be that strong. Probably wants 35-40 million after catching all of those passes from painter and orlovsky. If he wants number one money, you can say good bye.

He is probably looking for number one money in the market since the wide receiver market won't be that strong. Probably wants 35-40 million after catching all of those passes from painter and orlovsky. If he wants number one money, you can say good bye.

The WR market this year is absurdly strong.

I just see a dude who busts butt every play and has big play capability even at 6' tall, for a really bad offense he had 70 catches and nearly a thousand yards. 25 years old.

But yeah, he's probably ultra competitive and doesnt want to play for a loser, I can't imagine reggie sticking around to watch Luck "grow" while his career dies. So the COlts will probably have to re-do the wr corps too.

Ya, um, pierre, we're so excited you did everything in your power to help us win including trying to fire up your teammates when they were in lala land, but here's a 5 year 10 million deal, backloaded, and we'll see ya soon, good good job, not marvin like, but decent nonetheless. bye.

COlts can't run the team like they're Dartmouth any more, taking preferred walkons cuz bill polian has an eye for system talent. Welcome to the NFL again, Indianapolis Colts.

I hear what you saying, but Collie is a slot receiver. If no other receiver is signed & no Wayne, Garcon is signed he is our #1 receiver. :hmm: That's how I see it?

I'm saying that if he's our #1 receiver, we'll suck at receiver. But I have Collie ahead of him because I think Collie is a more complete receiver. Garcon is faster and more physical, but Collie can play slot or outside and do just fine. Runs better routes, has better hands, and has good speed himself. If Reggie walks and it's just Collie and Garcon, to me, Collie is the #1, regardless of where he lines up, just like Welker is the #1 in New England.

I just see a dude who busts butt every play and has big play capability even at 6' tall, for a really bad offense he had 70 catches and nearly a thousand yards. 25 years old.

But yeah, he's probably ultra competitive and doesnt want to play for a loser, I can't imagine reggie sticking around to watch Luck "grow" while his career dies. So the COlts will probably have to re-do the wr corps too.

Ya, um, pierre, we're so excited you did everything in your power to help us win including trying to fire up your teammates when they were in lala land, but here's a 5 year 10 million deal, backloaded, and we'll see ya soon, good good job, not marvin like, but decent nonetheless. bye.

COlts can't run the team like they're Dartmouth any more, taking preferred walkons cuz bill polian has an eye for system talent. Welcome to the NFL again, Indianapolis Colts.

Are those the numbers? If not, you're shouting at the rain.

If Garcon leaves, let's bring in a veteran WR. With a new QB possibility in Andrew Luck and basically an entirely new coaching staff, we may as well take this opportunity to bring in fresh players. Hines Ward would be a great fit - very positive-minded, dependable, and not injury prone. He's slowed down a lot, but I say give him a 1-year contract and see what happens.