Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts to Interview McDaniels on Thursday

Steamboat_Shaun

1 minute ago, southwest1 said:

You really can't grasp my overall point? I highly doubt that, Winning SB rings doesn't warrant unfettered loyalty as a badge of honor simply because a HC might his 6th ring in January. 

By making the argument that these men are professionals totally lets Bill off the hook should any teammate die on the freeway during a once in say 20 yr snow storm of hazardous driving conditions. Thank you for proving my point Buddy Lee. 

Huh? I'm just saying that I would never expect folks to go the extra mile (literally) to do their job. People do that in spite of expectations. Perhaps BB is in that frame of mind. Perhaps you misunderstood my post?

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, Buddy Lee said:

Huh? I'm just saying that I would never expect folks to go the extra mile (literally) to do their job. People do that in spite of expectations. Perhaps BB is in that frame of mind. Perhaps you misunderstood my post?

One second let me skim what you originally wrote again. Be right back. 

You asked me what my point was & I told you: SB rings doesn't give BB the divine right of a king to demand that his players show up on time in a really bad snow storm or just book a room at a hotel. Can he tell his employees when they can urinate too? Some demands are just unreasonable. 

I really don't care how much money players make. Totally unnecessary for the discussion we are having right now. This is a question of risk & reasonable safety pure & simple. 

I feel bad for anybody required to work during a blizzard. Glad to hear you made it back home safely Buddy. 

Normally, weather conditions can be overcome with planning ahead sure. My problem is that Bill doesn't seem to grasp that sometimes enough is enough & someone has to tell the Grey Hoodie no. First Jimmy G gone & now this. Blasphemy! haha

16 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

That's a long time to skim. But seriously, these pro football guys aren't crazy. They aren't going careening off roads in their SUVs leaving their families without life insurance. You give these guys no credit for common sense. They aren't suicidal.and they know how to take care of themselves.

If you'd like two more life examples of me and blizzards/ice storms and persevering I have two more very personal examples.I won't share unless you insist.

4 minutes ago, Buddy Lee said:

That's a long time to skim. But seriously, these pro football guys aren't crazy. They aren't going careening off roads in their SUVs leaving their families without life insurance. You give these guys no credit for common sense. They aren't suicidal.and they know how to take care of themselves.

If you'd like two more life examples of me and blizzards/ice storms and persevering I have two more very personal examples.I won't share unless you insist.

I'm not a speed demon typist Buddy. That's what took me so long.

What's life insurance got to do with anything? I get it financial security & all, but you can't hug a policy now can ya? 

You can still be the safest driver on the planet & get into an accident Buddy. Black ice for instance. Never even brought up that players are suicidal BTW. Not sure where to go with that one. 

Again, my point was simple: Championship hardware doesn't give a HC the right to demand an unreasonable request of his subordinates that's it. 

24 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

You asked me what my point was & I told you: SB rings doesn't give BB the divine right of a king to demand that his players show up on time in a really bad snow storm or just book a room at a hotel. Can he tell his employees when they can urinate too? Some demands are just unreasonable. 

I really don't care how much money players make. Totally unnecessary for the discussion we are having right now. This is a question of risk & reasonable safety pure & simple. 

I feel bad for anybody required to work during a blizzard. Glad to hear you made it back home safely Buddy. 

Normally, weather conditions can be overcome with planning ahead sure. My problem is that Bill doesn't seem to grasp that sometimes enough is enough & someone has to tell the Grey Hoodie no. First Jimmy G gone & now this. Blasphemy! haha

I guess Jimmy G gone has nothing to do with the apocalypse now snow. Am I right?

Well, if you bothered to read properly, I was worried to ensure that people who worked for me made it home properly. Not me but them. But then again you do skim read.

1 minute ago, southwest1 said:

What's life insurance got to do with anything? I get it financial security & all, but you can't hug a policy now can ya? 

You can still be the safest driver on the planet & get into an accident Buddy. Black ice for instance. Never even brought up that players are suicidal BTW. Not sure where to go with that one. 

Again, my point was simple: Championship hardware doesn't give a HC the right to demand an unreasonable request of his subordinates that's it. 

I agree. I threw life insurance into the mix because you had SUVs careening off the road with death implied. If you go hyperbole maybe you invite that in return. Just maybe. The suicidal bit was just sayin' give these players a little bit of credit. They aren't suicidal so they will do what is in their best interests. 

You must skim read if you brought up suicidal in any other mode. 

I read the word suicidal. I react. I not worry about context. I neanderthal.

29 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

I never said that players are suicidal. I was just saying no one goes out there on the road with a plan where they expect to die. Give me a break. Are certain words off limits these days? I guess I can never use the words not suicidal again as a short cut for saying they don't want to plan their own death here. Heaven help me.

Take any word I use. Twist it out of context. Suicidal for example. Insurance for example.

The extent you will go to win an argument that isn't really an argument defies me.

I'm done with you.

9 hours ago, Superman said:

I could see McDaniels being very interested in the Giants job, even the Lions job, and definitely staying in New England if Belichick leaves. But I don't think Belichick is going to leave, and I don't think anyone in the inner circle thinks he's going to leave. 

The Lions don't seem interested in McDaniels. According to reports Stafford loves Jim Bob Cooter and they probably don't want to put an offensive HC on top of him. From what I've seen Patricia is the prohibitive favorite there. 

5 hours ago, stitches said:

The Lions don't seem interested in McDaniels. According to reports Stafford loves Jim Bob Cooter and they probably don't want to put an offensive HC on top of him. From what I've seen Patricia is the prohibitive favorite there. 

Thank you for getting this thread back on the topic of McDaniels.

21 minutes ago, HeSoColt said:

Is anyone good with photoshop? If so, can someone work up a picture of McDaniels in Colts coaching gear?

Why?  Have the Colts offered him the position?  Has he accepted?

I think there are too many assumptions made. We don't even know if McDaniels would accept were he to be offered the job as Head Coach of the Colts.

On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 6:48 AM, stitches said:

very true, but let's be honest, there aren't many who don't like Cooter.

7 minutes ago, Roger said:

Why?  Have the Colts offered him the position?  Has he accepted?

I think there are too many assumptions made. We don't even know if McDaniels would accept were he to be offered the job as Head Coach of tge Colts.

Nobody mentioned anything at all about him getting the job, being the favorite or anything. I have a friend that is a diehard Pats fan that dreams good dreams about McDaniels, so I wanted to mess with him.

1 hour ago, HeSoColt said:

Nobody mentioned anything at all about him getting the job, being the favorite or anything. I have a friend that is a diehard Pats fan that dreams good dreams about McDaniels, so I wanted to mess with him.

Got it.

It's Josh McDaniels.

If you think back to what recently cam out about the Colts knowing at mid-season loss to Jaxx that Pagano would be replaced, a little article/blurb came out that Ballard had actually sat down with Brissett and asked him a lot of questions about McDaniels. I can't remember where I saw the article, but it was out there but kinda glossed over as it was only 1/2 way through the season.

Anyway, second point is what Ballard said at presser regarding not wanting someone coming here just because of Luck. This is obvious connection regarding McDaniels as he wouldn't be coming here just for Luck, as he also had Brissett, to whom Josh was very familiar. In the event something went wrong with Luck, having a familiar QB would certainly ease that transition especially one that already knows the system being put into place.

McDaniels was the 1st interview and I'm almost 100% sure the first words of the interview was this blatant question: Are you ready to leave the Nantucket nest?

I believe the answer was yes, and Josh was given a wink nod of acceptance.

The reason why the Colts keep interviewing guys is simple and Ballard already gave the answer to this in the end of year presser as well. A great GM always has a folder full of info on guys, teams, etc.. f course I'm paraphrasing here but you get my point.

What if while walking across the street toward the Pats complex Josh has a piano dropped on his skull... Exactly, gotta have a back-up plan in case S**t happens.

The above I would be shocked if it wasn't the case, below is truly a guess/wish of mine.

Based on news that came out today I wouldn't be surprised if you might see K. Richard signed as DC and no HC signing yet. If this Happens, Josh was okay with it. That would be awesome!! IMO

Imagine the NE Offense with the Seattle Defense... WOW

Anyway, come on guys and girls, your next HC is McDaniels and it's a no brainer!!

16 minutes ago, Indeee said:

It's Josh McDaniels.

If you think back to what recently cam out about the Colts knowing at mid-season loss to Jaxx that Pagano would be replaced, a little article/blurb came out that Ballard had actually sat down with Brissett and asked him a lot of questions about McDaniels. I can't remember where I saw the article, but it was out there but kinda glossed over as it was only 1/2 way through the season.

Anyway, second point is what Ballard said at presser regarding not wanting someone coming here just because of Luck. This is obvious connection regarding McDaniels as he wouldn't be coming here just for Luck, as he also had Brissett, to whom Josh was very familiar. In the event something went wrong with Luck, having a familiar QB would certainly ease that transition especially one that already knows the system being put into place.

McDaniels was the 1st interview and I'm almost 100% sure the first words of the interview was this blatant question: Are you ready to leave the Nantucket nest?

The reason why the Colts keep interviewing guys is simple and Ballard already gave the answer to this in the end of year presser as well. A great GM always has a folder full of info on guys, teams, etc.. f course I'm paraphrasing here but you get my point.

What if while walking across the street toward the Pats complex Josh has a piano dropped on his skull... Exactly, gotta have a back-up plan in case S**t happens.

The above I would be shocked if it wasn't the case, below is truly a guess/wish of mine.

Based on news that came out today I wouldn't be surprised if you might see K. Richard signed as DC and no HC signing yet. If this Happens, Josh was okay with it. That would be awesome!! IMO

Anyway, come on guys and girls, your next HC is McDaniels and it's a no brainer!!

Ice and rest is the best remedy for the muscle I am sure you pulled reaching for that.

2 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

Ice and rest is the best remedy for the muscle I am sure you pulled reaching for that.

If you believe that what I said about McDaniels as being a reach then you need to go take a nap...

It may not come to pass, but it seems fairly obvious and plausible.

The K. Richard and McDaniels might be a reach, I will give you that, but the rest??? Come on, you might be in the "I don't want McDaniels" camp but that shouldn't hinder what I stated.

6 minutes ago, Indeee said:

If you believe that what I said about McDaniels as being a reach then you need to go take a nap...

It may not come to pass, but it seems fairly obvious and plausible.

The K. Richard and McDaniels might be a reach, I will give you that, but the rest??? Come on, you might be in the "I don't want McDaniels" camp but that shouldn't hinder what I stated.

Wide awake.

And the entire take is one giant leap with faulty conclusions.

2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Since all the other reported canidits could be hired right now the longer this drags the more it’s clear they are waiting on Josh McDaniels.  

I am not sure that is the case.  Possible to be sure but I am just not thinking that way yet.

First off they have not gotten through all their publicly known interviews yet with Wilks tomorrow.  Plus there seems to be some smoke for something else going on.

14 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

I am not sure that is the case.  Possible to be sure but I am just not thinking that way yet.

First off they have not gotten through all their publicly known interviews yet with Wilks tomorrow.  Plus there seems to be some smoke for something else going on.

What's the old adage? "Loose lips sink ships"

I think you're absolutely right, there seems to be something up, at the very least the Colts are keeping things very "internal" as was reported to fans regarding how the selection process was going to proceed. So I think, as fans, we should at least respect Ballard's approach. Seems professional & business like, which is something Grigson lacked, at least as evidenced by some reports, & the seeming decline of the locker room over his tenure, etc...

1 hour ago, jskinnz said:

I didn’t say they couldn’t still hire someone else, I am just saying the longer it drags out the more likely it is they are waiting for McDaniels simply because if they want to hire someone else there is nothing stopping them.  So if this drags out a week or so after they complete interviews it seems to suggest they are waiting on someone and the only person they are reported to have ties to that they would be waiting on is Mc Daniels.  

1 hour ago, jskinnz said:

Wilks imo will take the giants job. I'm not too impressive with his defense personally

2 hours ago, Indeee said:

It's Josh McDaniels.

what news came out today ?

2 hours ago, Indeee said:

I try to imagine Ballard forming his opinion based on sitting down with Brissett. Then I try to imagine McDaniels coming to Indy for Brissett.

Sorry, this is beyond my imagination.

2 minutes ago, Peterk2011 said:

I try to imagine Ballard forming his opinion based on sitting down with Brissett. Then I try to imagine McDaniels coming to Indy for Brissett.

Sorry, this is beyond my imagination.

I think it's not that far fetched. Brissett played for McDaniels. He would know best if McDaniels has matured, or if he was still a jerk, like in his Denver days. Ballard would also get a sense of the offense he runs. McDaniels is also familiar with Brissett and wouldn't have to work with a new QB. 

3 hours ago, Indeee said:

It's Josh McDaniels.

It actually seems pretty obvious to me that this is the case. Sure, there's a possibility that it isn't, but I think it's about 75% likely that he's the guy.

3 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Since all the other reported canidits could be hired right now the longer this drags the more it’s clear they are waiting on Josh McDaniels.  

They still have to interview Wilks, but I agree. If no one is hired after the weekend, I think McDaniels is the HC.