Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts interview requests and confirmations (merge)

stitches

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Colts_Fan12 said:

Am I? Everyone was in fear he was getting signed by NY now he's not even a finalist 

Who's gotten hired anywhere outside of Nagy?  No one has been hiring fast in the first place.  Being sensational again.

4 minutes ago, krunk said:

You have your right to like who you like.   I'll leave it there because there's nothing I can say to change your view about who you want.    

I just don't see what the appeal is. He's a first year coordinator with a middle of the pack defense

Just now, krunk said:

Who's gotten hired anywhere outside of Nagy?  No one has been hiring fast in the first place.  Being sensational again.

It's literally in someone aboves post if people are hearing rumblings of him not making the final list of people then he prolly won't be hired there 

1 minute ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Am I? Everyone was in fear he was getting signed by NY now he's not even a finalist 

If you search the internet long enough you'll figure out you're making that up.  First of all New York wanted someone with experience and that was made pretty clear by the owner.   Second of all I can see the issue in Arizona because the run a 3-4 and they are pretty good at that.   There's no need to change the scheme.  And despite that they still are bringing him back for the second round of interviews.

I have wanted an offensive-minded HC.

BUT...Wilks would possibly bring Holcomb with him to be DC...and that is a very good thing.

And if reports about Defilippo being OC are true, that's a very good coaching staff overall. 

You might only only get to keep those coordinators for a couple of years, but that is a problem I am sure the Colts wouldn't mind having.

9 minutes ago, krunk said:

Mcdaniels aint coming here.  Get it figured out.

I'm curious as to why you think we haven't hired anyone yet then. It's been almost 2 weeks since Pagano was fired, and all of our candidates have been interviewed. Really the only thing that makes sense at this point is that they're waiting for New England to lose so they can grab McDaniels, because they could literally hire every other interviewee right now if that's what they wanted to do. That's my thought anyways.

3 minutes ago, csmopar said:

He doesn't. No one does at this point. It's all hyperbole and pointless rumors at this point

Well the fact remains we've interviewed and could hire, but haven't. Simple logic tells you their waiting on McDaniels

Just now, CR91 said:

Well the fact remains we've interviewed and could hire, but haven't. Simple logic tells you their waiting on McDaniels

Not ruling that out either. Just saying that the Colts have been extremely closed on this search and nobody knows for sure which way they are going to go

6 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

I'm curious as to why you think we haven't hired anyone yet then. It's been almost 2 weeks since Pagano was fired, and all of our candidates have been interviewed. Really the only thing that makes sense at this point is that they're waiting for New England to lose so they can grab McDaniels, because they could literally hire every other interviewee right now if that's what they wanted to do. That's my thought anyways.

I posted about this earlier.  Rapsheet tweeted that both us and the giants were expected to have a second round of interviews.  Probably with the finalists.  This could be why Toub hasn’t been interviewed yet because Chris knows him so well.

3 minutes ago, Coltsfanforlife12 said:

I posted about this earlier.  Rapsheet tweeted that both us and the giants were expected to have a second round of interviews.  Probably with the finalists.  This could be why Toub hasn’t been interviewed yet because Chris knows him so well.

I don't get the whole Toub is his buddy so he gets to skip straight to being a finalist. The truth is Toub prolly isn't even in the running for some reason that breaks everyone's heart 

1 minute ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

I don't get the whole Toub is his buddy so he gets to skip straight to being a finalist. The truth is Toub prolly isn't even in the running for some reason that breaks everyone's heart 

Yeah I get that feeling too

1 hour ago, corgi said:

I’ve read Patricia or McDaniels will be the coach of the Giants, although at the beginning of the week it was also being reported that’s Patricia was taking the Lions job, so who knows. 

It’s a crap shoot st this point. Driving me crazy lol. 

I’m sure I’m late to the party on this one but now Ian Rapoport is saying Wilks has no intention on being interviewed by the Colts because we are shifting our focus to offensive candidates???

8 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

Wilks is out of the running.

2. #Panthers defensive coordinator Steve Wilks has no plans to interview with the #Colts for their HC job at this time, as they appear more focused on offensive candidates.

I would also be curious to learn how he knows that... seems like maybe he was informed not to waste his time because they (Colts) have their guy ....

1 minute ago, adubb84 said:

It’s a crap shoot st this point. Driving me crazy lol. 

I’m sure I’m late to the party on this one but now Ian Rapoport is saying Wilks has no intention on being interviewed by the Colts because we are shifting our focus to offensive candidates???

Thats because Pagano already built the monster so al we have to do is work on offense now.

12 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

Wilks is out of the running.

2. #Panthers defensive coordinator Steve Wilks has no plans to interview with the #Colts for their HC job at this time, as they appear more focused on offensive candidates.

Bro that % is rumors he just interviewed for us todayand he has a 2nd interview for us on friday

Just now, Indy1996 said:

Bro that % is rumors he just interviewed for us todayand he has a 2nd interview for us on friday

He interviewed with Arizona today, and he was scheduled to interview with the Colts tomorrow. There was a possibility that there could be a second round of interviews, not that Wilks was being interviewed today and again tomorrow. Read those tweets again.