Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts interview requests and confirmations (merge)

stitches

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, corgi said:

He interviewed with Arizona today, and he was scheduled to interview with the Colts tomorrow. There was a possibility that there could be a second round of interviews, not that Wilks was being interviewed today and again tomorrow. Read those tweets again. 

He interviewed with Arizona on wensday he interviewed with us today

Edited by Indy1996

2 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Pretty sure he's already said he's out and coaching Baylor next year 

Did Rhule comment since the interview?

The only thing I heard was from the Baylor Athletic director.

And he didn't actually give a definite answer.

https://www.heartlandcollegesports.com/2018/01/11/baylor-ad-mack-rhoades-on-matt-rhule-rumors-its-really-a-compliment/

Baylor nation went sent into a tizzy on Wednesday night when it was reported by ESPN that Matt Rhule had interviewed with the Indianapolis Colts. Well, athletic director Mack Rhoades joined ESPN Central Texas/1660ESPN on Thursday and tried to clear up, and defuse, some of the rumors and chaos.

Rhoades told the crew at You Make The Call with David Smoak, Paul Catalina and Butch Henry, “I can certainly tell everyone right now that Matt Rhule is our head football coach, is going to be our head football coach and is excited about being our head football coach.”

That was as close as Rhoades got to saying that this process with the Colts is entirely over. But he went on to point out that Baylor fans should not look at this as some betrayal, and that it comes with the territory when you have coaches that are highly regarded at the pro and college level.

1 minute ago, 1959Colts said:

Did Rhule comment since the interview?

The only thing I heard was from the Baylor Athletic director.

And he didn't actually give a definite answer.

https://www.heartlandcollegesports.com/2018/01/11/baylor-ad-mack-rhoades-on-matt-rhule-rumors-its-really-a-compliment/

Someone said he told players he was gonna be back I thought it was in the Matt Ruhle thread 

33 minutes ago, Coltsfanforlife12 said:

I’m not going to be totally shocked if it’s someone we haven’t heard about them interviewing.  

Same. Tell ya what, I'm not gonna be upset really about anyone they pick. They have seemed to do due diligence this go around

1 minute ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

He'll I don't even care if it's McDaniels just the fact that his dude is out is enough for me to celebrate cause he was damn set on knowing the future 

I hear ya. That's why I've been telling everyone to be patient and not believe anything not coming from the Colts themselves 

Just now, Fisticuffs111 said:

I can't lie, I really want an offensive minded HC so I hope Rapoport is right, especially if it means McDaniels. Wilks is/was the only guy from the defensive side I was okay with but even then, the heart wants what the heart wants.

I agree I also didn't want a defensive coach 

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We already interviewed Steve Wilks per the Indy Star's Scott Horner. He wrote an article on Jan 8th saying so, so is Rapport's Tweet meaning a 2nd interview? Just type in Steve Wilks and scroll down and go to Indy Star and you will see the article. Horner is a local guy here in Indy he would know.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's wrong, or just kind of got confused by a "Colts to interview Wilks" report.

The 8th was the day after they lost out and I remember reading a report that Wilks was waiting a few days after the loss to do interviews, which lines up with the Giants/Cardinals interviews.

Just now, Fisticuffs111 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if he's wrong, or just kind of got confused by a "Colts to interview Wilks" report.

The 8th was the day after they lost out and I thought I remember reading that Wilks was taking his time to do interviews.

Could be, I was just searching around and seen that article and it is local.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have a gut feeling it will be McDaniels. McDaniels knows we have been one of the best franchises over the last 20 years and he will have Andrew Luck fall right into his lap + the #3 pick overall.

Based on the interviews we know of it certainly seems to be pointing to McDaniels.  But there could have been other interviews we are not aware of So, Hold on.

5 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Based on the interviews we know of it certainly seems to be pointing to McDaniels.  But there could have been other interviews we are not aware of So, Hold on.

Just a gut feeling I have but nothing is definite yet I agree. It would be a good situation for McDaniels assuming Luck comes back 100%. He will have a Very Good/potentially Great QB to work with and the #3 pick overall as well. + we are a winning franchise and he is used to being around a Great franchise in NE.

4 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

Uh. What? He turned us down?

This is getting a bit weird now. 

I seriously doubt any DC or OC would turn down an interview with anyone. They would at least interview regardless because that would look real bad on their part. They are looking for a HCing job. We are probably the one's that declined it because we already have our guy lined up, JMO.

3 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

If the report is accurate, he has no plans to interview with us. Not we don't have any plans to interview him. 

That makes it sound like he's turning us down. 

Could be the Giants offered him the spot already too and the Colts weren't ready to yet

If the Colts had a candidate selected that wasn't currently embroiled in the quest to hoist the lombardi, wouldn't they have announced by now?  Leads me to believe that either they have no idea who the next HC will be, or based on interviews we know about, McDaniels is the guy......am I way off here?