Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts interview requests and confirmations (merge)

stitches

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, JColts72 said:

I can see you are not objective here. U think our roster is better then Lions? Stop thinking Luck is from 2014 and 15 years. Dude is damaged goods or mentally not ready to play again.

Do you think he should be put down or allowed to live out his remaining days on a farm somewhere?

5 hours ago, csmopar said:

Thanks, forgot about that

Well the big question is, based on the numerous reports last week was that McDaniels  understood he had too much control too fast and wanted to go to a team with a solid GM who brings in players he needs. That doesn't sound like McDaniels wanting the hoodie treatment or full control either

haha

Not a proponent of McDaniels, but there is some evidence he can coach without Brady..... he won games including a playoff game with Tim freaking Tebow

umm....it was John Fox who won the playoff game with Tebow. Josh McD drafted Tebow, but he never made the playoffs in Denver

9 minutes ago, csmopar said:

No... you just are trolling with no insight either way into Luck's mental health or physical health. 

For 100% accurate updates like before-during and after the season, we can always go by what  Luck and Jim says; right Sr. Member!

39 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

I wish we could get Vrabel as DC instead of Richard if we could get Josh with Vrabel that would be killer 

You'd rather have the guy who coordinated the mediocre Texans D for one season over the guy who was the architect of the Legion of Boom, and regularly has a top 5 D in the league? I want to hear more on this.

4 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

You'd rather have the guy who coordinated the mediocre Texans D for one season over the guy who was the architect of the Legion of Boom, and regularly has a top 5 D in the league? I want to hear more on this.

:scoregood:

6 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Probably an unpopular opinion but I think Chud will be competent, not great, but at least competent under a different HC/scheme. Especially one he has history with in McDermott.

That's not to say I want Chud back at all. Very glad to move on from him.

Yep, start with a all new D and O coaches.

1 hour ago, JColts72 said:

I can see you are not objective here. U think our roster is better then Lions? Stop thinking Luck is from 2014 and 15 years. Dude is damaged goods or mentally not ready to play again.

While I confess this possiable I’d like to know how you know it for a fact when no one else does?

15 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

The Texans were only mediocre cause of the loss of so many great players when healthy they were tough the year they went to the playoffs they had a great D one of the best in the league and Vrabel took over for Romeo so he's obviously not horrible not to mention he would bring a tough 3-4 approach when Richard will bring a zone based 4-3 not a fan of that 

24 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

While I confess this possiable I’d like to know how you know it for a fact when no one else does?

Not saying fact, but Jim did say indirectly about Luck mental status then said at that horrible press conference, it was more about him. Hey, I'm not the 1st Colt fan here (and the 2 local media reporters) who is wondering why Luck is taking so long to recover and all those PO season ticket holders who were misled by Jim of him being ready for the season.

3 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

The Texans were only mediocre cause of the loss of so many great players when healthy they were tough the year they went to the playoffs they had a great D one of the best in the league and Vrabel took over for Romeo so he's obviously not horrible not to mention he would bring a tough 3-4 approach when Richard will bring a zone based 4-3 not a fan of that 

Watt is the difference fro the Texans D and without him, they look like us.

18 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

You want to hear more on this?

The Texans defense didn't suck because of Vrabel.    It sucked because (A) it was hit hard by injuries and (B) their offense went South when Watson got hurt so the defense was left on the field way too much.   That's in part what happened to the Colts this year.   Vrabel is considered a rising star in coaching circles.   I haven't read a thing that makes me believe his star has dimmed or isn't still shining brightly because of this year.

As for Richards...   I don't think he's been the DC too long...   but I don't know how well he did or that he's thought of all that highly.   Carroll announced Seattle was getting a new DC even if Richards didn't land a HC job.   Richards isn't coming back.   That they thought a change of organization might do him some good.    Now, I'm not exactly sure what that means, but I do know good teams are not in the habit of letting good coaches that they value just walk out the door for a lateral move because it's in their best interest.

If they like the coach and want the coach back if he doesn't land a head coaching job the franchise will find a way to keep him.  That's a red flag for me.  I'd be cautious about how much credit to give the kid....

Just food for thought....

2 hours ago, JColts72 said:

Of all HC openings, Lions have better team/QB, and Giants have strong organization/ownership, Colts have what to make of mystery Luck injury and owner Jim. You think Josh would have been offered a job by someone already.

He may have been.  If he was, it cant be public until after NE's playoffs are over.

I seem to remember quite a few posts by a number of fans who said that they didn't care who was the new coach, as long as the team shed themselves of coach Pagano. Or perhaps it was stated as anyone would do a better job. I wonder if any of those fans are now wringing their hands over the coaching search. 

This is not meant to point fingers, it is note to remind folks to think. 

20 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Considering how many holes we currently have on the defensive side of the ball, switching to a 4-3 wouldn't be that much of an overhaul, as a matter of fact, if there was a time to do it, it'd probably be now. We've yet to have anything that resembles a good defense since we switched to 3-4, so if that experiment's over, I'm fine with it.

Sidenote: I don't hate the idea of having a former New England OC, and a former New England LB as part of our coaching staff, but I think Richard would be a better hire.

25 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

He may have been.  If he was, it cant be public until after NE's playoffs are over.

Yep, that's why if we dont interview anyone else in the coming days, I think we've made up our mind and have extended the offer.  To whom, that I can't say but if i were a betting man, its someone on an active playoff team that we interviewed.... Now as far as I know, there's only 1 person that fits that bill.

57 minutes ago, JColts72 said:

Not saying fact, but Jim did say indirectly about Luck mental status then said at that horrible press conference, it was more about him. Hey, I'm not the 1st Colt fan here (and the 2 local media reporters) who is wondering why Luck is taking so long to recover and all those PO season ticket holders who were misled by Jim of him being ready for the season.

Which is why I said I agre it’s possible.  However it’s also possible that Andrew Luck is ready to go at the start of the season and got when he needed in Europe.  It’s up in the air no one here knows.  I think that’s why people are giving you such a hard time because you were presenting it as if you knew it for a fact.  

38 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

You want to hear more on this?

The Texans defense didn't suck because of Vrabel.    It sucked because (A) it was hit hard by injuries and (B) their offense went South when Watson got hurt so the defense was left on the field way too much.   That's in part what happened to the Colts this year.   Vrabel is considered a rising star in coaching circles.   I haven't read a thing that makes me believe his star has dimmed or isn't still shining brightly because of this year.

As for Richards...   I don't think he's been the DC too long...   but I don't know how well he did or that he's thought of all that highly.   Carroll announced Seattle was getting a new DC even if Richards didn't land a HC job.   Richards isn't coming back.   That they thought a change of organization might do him some good.    Now, I'm not exactly sure what that means, but I do know good teams are not in the habit of letting good coaches that they value just walk out the door for a lateral move because it's in their best interest.

If they like the coach and want the coach back if he doesn't land a head coaching job the franchise will find a way to keep him.  That's a red flag for me.  I'd be cautious about how much credit to give the kid....

Just food for thought....

Don't overlook the injuries Seattle sustained on the defensive side of the ball this year. Dewey McDonald, Richard Sherman, Clif Avril, & Kam Chancellor (pretty much their entire secondary), all went on IR, & Seattle's D still finished 6th overall in pass defense. Considering we could really use help in that area, and we have some nice young pieces to work with in our secondary, Richard seems like a no-brainer to me.

20 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Don't overlook the injuries Seattle sustained on the defensive side of the ball this year. Dewey McDonald, Richard Sherman, Clif Avril, & Kam Chancellor (pretty much their entire secondary), all went on IR, & Seattle's D still finished 6th overall in pass defense. Considering we could really use help in that area, and we have some nice young pieces to work with in our secondary, Richard seems like a no-brainer to me.

I’d also add E. Thomas to that list of injuries during the beginning of the season. 

4 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Like i said I don't think it matters if it's his buddy or not 

I feel like you missed the point. To me, the thinking is that Ballard and Toub could have been in cahoots for the last year, and no formal interview or even request is needed, so we wouldn't know that he's officially in consideration. And I bet he is.

However, the fact that he's been officially available to be hired for almost a week, and we still haven't heard anything about him, suggests that he's not the guy.

He might be on his way to Indy right now to meet with Irsay, though. We simply wouldn't know if everyone was conspiring to keep it quiet.

2 minutes ago, Superman said:

I feel like you missed the point. To me, the thinking is that Ballard and Toub could have been in cahoots for the last year, and no formal interview or even request is needed, so we wouldn't know that he's officially in consideration. And I bet he is.

However, the fact that he's been officially available to be hired for almost a week, and we still haven't heard anything about him, suggests that he's not the guy.

He might be on his way to Indy right now to meet with Irsay, though. We simply wouldn't know if everyone was conspiring to keep it quiet.

It could be possible but I have a very very hard time believing Ballard and him were doing such a shady thing for a whole year