Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Good Victory

JColts72

12 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

Its a terrible win. Its to save some pride with no real meaning when it comes to the division.

Current standings as they are, went from.a #5 pick to #14. 

Given it's only week 9, but I'll take the draft pick over however many more wins we might squeak out. 

Please name 13 teams with a worse record than the Colts ? Plus strength od schedule breaks ties and we have played both SF and Cleveland . I'm thinking you just decided tp put us drafting behind all the teams that are 3-5 ? That is ridiculous and still would have us drafting 11th ? So how do the "current standing as they are have us at #14 ?

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As long as Pagano losing this gig at the end of the year is a foregone conclusion, I don't care how many more times we win. 

I just don't want it to appear that he did a great job at 6-10 or 7-9 and he keeps his job.

1 minute ago, bananabucket said:

I know nothing is guaranteed.  It's just that this team is so talent depleted and Barkley is the only real blue chip talent in this draft in my opinion.  Yeah we have needs everywhere but we just need big time talents plain and simple.  Every win just reduces our chance at landing him.  You're right though, it's not like he's the only guy in the draft who will help this team.  Hell maybe Ballard wouldnt take him anyway lol.

You saw this game today..lol

They aren't facing Savage each week.

They're still picking high even with this win. 

We need a ton of guys, I'll take a top corner or tackle or whatnot. 

31 minutes ago, zibby43 said:

On one hand: Congrats to the team for the win.  The guys in the locker room right now deserve it.

On the other: No one ruins the chance at a good, meaningful draft like the Indianapolis Colts.  This is the recipe for staying in that perpetual 8-8 or 7-9 range.  I don't know about anybody else, but I'm willing to sacrifice some short-term pain for long-term gain.

Tried to be as balanced as possible there.

Colts would need a 5-2 finish for an 8-8 finish. They should finish 2-5 at best . That would be losses to Tenn , Pitt , Jacksonville and at Balt. Possible wins home vs Dever and Houston ?

Every win is good for the development of our young players. It gives them confidence. 

I just think that young guys develop more on a team that believes it can win. Losing can build character, for sure, but players check out and their ceilings are stunted on a team that gets blown out nearly every week for a full season. 

It is better for Indy (even in the long term) that their young guys get better as the season wears on and gut out some wins. 

Of course, that's just my opinion... I also think drafting higher is generally overrated. If Indy had a top 10 pick last year, they probably still choose Hooker.

I'm not trying to underestimate the value of a top 3 pick this year, but beyond that, I think that JB will be worth more than the difference if he throws for 300 yards and a couple TDs a few more times... Think about getting another 1st rounder (from a bad team) for JB and compare that to the difference between picking 4th throughout the draft and picking 10th... Every win where he looks viable or even good increases his overall value as a trade chip, thus offsetting the value of us losing a low scoring game to a team like the Texans. 

3 minutes ago, Pelt said:

As long as Pagano losing this gig at the end of the year is a foregone conclusion, I don't care how many more times we win. 

I just don't want it to appear that he did a great job at 6-10 or 7-9 and he keeps his job.

These garbage time games toward the end of the season is exactly when pagano and our old gm will try their hardest to squeeze out wins and keep their jobs. That’s why Andrew is still injured now. 

The Colts only won because Watson wasn't playing.

It's having a negative impact on the draft, but hopefully it doesn't mean that Pagano has a glimmer of hope. His contract should still be terminated immediately after the last game of the regular season.

41 minutes ago, ColtsSouljah said:

Ridiculous. Losing breeds a culture of losing. As players, you want to win any and every game. Each win takes you further away from the culture of losing.

Agree..At least they were competive. A win is win as a fan will take it.

2 minutes ago, James said:

The Colts only won because Watson wasn't playing.

It's having a negative impact on the draft, but hopefully it doesn't mean that Pagano has a glimmer of hope. His contract should still be terminated immediately after the last game of the regular season.

And the Cardinals and Bengals can say they only won because Luck wasn’t playing...

i dont think anyone is arguing this is a season changing win.  It’s just a win there is nothing wrong with fans enjoying them.  There are other things this young teams learns from this like for once they made a play at the end of the game to win, that helps them learn to win in the fourth quarter which is something we’ve see seen this team needs to learn.

as for the draft even with this win I expect the Colts to end up with a top 10 pick.

17 minutes ago, dw49 said:

Please name 13 teams with a worse record than the Colts ? Plus strength od schedule breaks ties and we have played both SF and Cleveland . I'm thinking you just decided tp put us drafting behind all the teams that are 3-5 ? That is ridiculous and still would have us drafting 11th ? So how do the "current standing as they are have us at #14 ?

U see the Giants record?

3 minutes ago, TheRustonRifle#7 said:

I was very surprised that Indy pulled it off but not having to play against Watson certainly helped.

It did, and you can throw in Watt and Mercilus, and blah blah blah....but we are missing so many too. 

I don’t get this cheering for Colts to lose thinking that a better draft position will automatically turn them into a contender.

They should try to win as many games as they can, draft position does not matter, as like someone said, look at the Browns and other perennial losers picking early every year.

A top QB, good coaching staff and decent talent evaluators are far more important assets. 

53 minutes ago, IndySouthsider said:

Losing begets losing. Cleveland drafts early every season. Do you really see the Jags as a deep playoff threat?

I see the Jags having one of the best defenses in the entire NFL.  Think they're 5-3 now and are a Watson away at QB from being seriously difficult to beat.

I'm not alone in my thoughts.  Just about every coach, analyst, and personnel scout out there praises that Jags defense, particularly the pass rush and secondary. 

The statistics, both advanced and "traditional," back up that reality:

#3 in total defense, #1 in passing defense.

Next question?

52 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Why haven't the browns won a bunch of Superbowls?

Because if I gave a homeless man $1m, how long would he be a millionaire?

If I gave Warren Buffet $1m, different outcome?

Picking early alone doesn't guarantee success.  You have to pick competently.  How many picks have they wasted on QB, alone, in recent years?

Next question?

1 hour ago, dw49 said:

Cause I'm not a dang math genius and figure the SoS out. Its safe to assume we won't be the best. If behind all the 3-5 when I looked, we would be 14.

17 minutes ago, zibby43 said:

I see the Jags having one of the best defenses in the entire NFL.  Think they're 5-3 now and are a Watson away at QB from being seriously difficult to beat.

I'm not alone in my thoughts.  Just about every coach, analyst, and personnel scout out there praises that Jags defense, particularly the pass rush and secondary. 

Next question?

Picking early alone doesn't guarantee success.  You have to pick competently.  How many picks have they wasted on QB, alone, in recent years?

Next question?

Bortles is coming on and plating better!

18 minutes ago, zibby43 said:

Next question?

Next question?

If they sign Kirk Cousins this off season we have some serious problems taking back the division. 

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Right now I still think we would be picking 7th at 3-6

I don't see the Colts finishing any better than 6-10. (Assuming they can beat the Ravens, Texans again (at home) and maybe the Titans.) That should still get them a pretty good draft slot.

1 hour ago, ColtsSouljah said:

Ridiculous. Losing breeds a culture of losing. As players, you want to win any and every game. Each win takes you further away from the culture of losing.

Agreed. While I doubt we win that game if Watson was playing, it was nice to see the Colts not be garbage for a change.