Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Good Victory

JColts72

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On one hand: Congrats to the team for the win.  The guys in the locker room right now deserve it.

On the other: No one ruins the chance at a good, meaningful draft like the Indianapolis Colts.  This is the recipe for staying in that perpetual 8-8 or 7-9 range.  I don't know about anybody else, but I'm willing to sacrifice some short-term pain for long-term gain.

Tried to be as balanced as possible there.

1 minute ago, zibby43 said:

On one hand: Congrats to the team for the win.  The guys in the locker room right now deserve it.

On the other: No one ruins the chance at a good, meaningful draft like the Indianapolis Colts.

I don't think the draft is gonna change this team to SB contenders we are not 10 players away its more like a couple holes and clean house on coaching staff and get luck back and we are AFC South contenders again 

Just now, lance_m8 said:

I don't think the draft is gonna change this team to SB contenders we are not 10 players away its more like a couple holes and clean house on coaching staff and get luck back and we are AFC South contenders again 

If you have the chance to pick in the top 4 or 5 every round, that will immediately begin to impact your roster.  You have less Zach Banner-type picks that don't even make the active roster when you pick earlier throughout the entirety of the draft.

And you get game-changers in the top 10.  A good draft would immediately begin to change this team.

And finally, we are easily 10 players away.  Need 1-2 WRs, 1-2 pass rushers, all-new ILBs and backup ILBs, 2 corners, 1 safety, an entire offense line aside from C . . .

Am I missing anything?

I start liking what I see from Brissett time to time. He's nowhere near a franchise QB, but he's learning, you can see it game by game. The one aspect he needs to work on a LOT is being better under pressure. He's plain awful at the moment. Needs to learn to throw the ball away if necessary. And needs to read blocks better. If there are 6 men rushing and the TE isn't lining up for blocking, then it's his job to make sure no one is coming from the sides.

If he can fix that by the end of the year - at least some extent -, I can see the Colts getting a 3rd-ish draft pick for him some time in a year or two. (But NOT NOW. We need him as backup at least until Luck proves to come back and be durable again.)

1 minute ago, zibby43 said:

And you get game-changers in the top 10.  

we are gong to be picking pretty high anyway, wouldnt worry too much about that lol

i watch the games to see us win, i dont tune in to hope we lose so we can pick 5th instead of 7th 

10 minutes ago, zibby43 said:

On the other: No one ruins the chance at a good, meaningful draft like the Indianapolis Colts.  This is the recipe for staying in that perpetual 8-8 or 7-9 range.  I don't know about anybody else, but I'm willing to sacrifice some short-term pain for long-term gain.

Believe me, if we have a good GM, then it doesn't really matter if we pick in the top5 or top15, he'll find talent either case. And if we don't .... same story, only he won't find talent with neither picks :)

If we needed a QB, that would be a different story. But we don't. (I hope we don't....)

3 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

we are gong to be picking pretty high anyway, wouldnt worry too much about that lol

i watch the games to see us win, i dont tune in to hope we lose so we can pick 5th instead of 7th 

And I want to be clear, I totally respect the fact that you enjoyed that win.  You deserve to enjoy it, too.

Won't try to take that away from you at all.

There's still plenty of season to play, so it's probably too early to get an accurate draft slot forecast.

That said, this team is not going to the playoffs under any circumstances, so the wins do really only end up hurting the future potential of the team.  It's an unfortunate situation to be in, no doubt.

Its a terrible win. Its to save some pride with no real meaning when it comes to the division.

Current standings as they are, went from.a #5 pick to #14. 

Given it's only week 9, but I'll take the draft pick over however many more wins we might squeak out. 

Just now, bananabucket said:

I'm just * because I want Barkley.  

You know how it goes, picks aren't guaranteed.

If Ballard can't pick a guy if we're a top 5-10 draft pick we're dead regardless.

I agree if we somehow win out it would be a detriment to the long-term plan, but c'mon, Savage was BRUTALLY bad.

I doubt we'll play anyone that bad again.

2 minutes ago, IinD said:

If Ballard can't pick a guy if we're a top 5-10 draft pick we're dead regardless.

this

we just need good players, we dont have to tank for the best players in every draft

the good teams right now are the patriots, chiefs and eagles and none of them tanked for high picks 

21 minutes ago, zibby43 said:

Losing begets losing. Cleveland drafts early every season. Do you really see the Jags as a deep playoff threat?

17 minutes ago, zibby43 said:

If you have the chance to pick in the top 4 or 5 every round, that will immediately begin to impact your roster.  You have less Zach Banner-type picks that don't even make the active roster when you pick earlier throughout the entirety of the draft.

And you get game-changers in the top 10.  A good draft would immediately begin to change this team.

And finally, we are easily 10 players away.  Need 1-2 WRs, 1-2 pass rushers, all-new ILBs and backup ILBs, 2 corners, 1 safety, an entire offense line aside from C . . .

Am I missing anything?

Why haven't the browns won a bunch of Superbowls?

1 minute ago, deedub75 said:

Unfortunately, not meaningless because it’s messing up our draft pick. LOL!

Who cares the browns have been picking near the top of the draft every year while teams like the Pats picked at the bottom . Losing is not a solution for long term success 

Just now, aaron11 said:

this

we just need good players, we dont have to tank for the best players in every draft

the good teams right now are the patriots, chiefs and eagles and none of them tanked for high picks 

You get it..

Not like we need the top QB, Luck should in theory be back and any blue chip player will help the team out immensely.

3 minutes ago, IinD said:

You know how it goes, picks aren't guaranteed.

I agree if we somehow win out it would be a detriment to the long-term plan, but c'mon, Savage was BRUTALLY bad.

I doubt we'll play anyone that bad again.

I know nothing is guaranteed.  It's just that this team is so talent depleted and Barkley is the only real blue chip talent in this draft in my opinion.  Yeah we have needs everywhere but we just need big time talents plain and simple.  Every win just reduces our chance at landing him.  You're right though, it's not like he's the only guy in the draft who will help this team.  Hell maybe Ballard wouldnt take him anyway lol.