Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Gotta love the AFC South

ColtsFanMikeC

1 minute ago, LockeDown said:

Jags remind me of Seattle the year before they drafted Wilson.  Year after year of drafting great defensive talent, they put it all together with the right QB.   Please keep Bortles so that doesn't happen.

He is due 19 million next year with zero dead cap if they cut him.   I bet they push hard for cousins

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

46 minutes ago, BR-549 said:

Could say the same about us last year and the year before (and some this year, our youth shows).

But the difference between good and bad teams is that normally the good teams find a way to win.  Which we did today so it is a positive move for us.  We are just a handful of people away.  Definitely saw some good things today.

That handful could be our injured players. Luck obviously, but there's also Swoope, Doyle was hurt, Quincy Wilson needs to get healthy, Geathers, and Rodgers. I think the return of Luck, Doyle, and Wilson are the ones we need back the most. Wilson should replace Vontae Davis since he's been so bad. 

Just now, jvan1973 said:

They would have to give up draft picks.  I'm guessing,  really high ones.   

Even if it's not the Jags, I can see us shopping brissett this coming offseason. There are always some teams in desperate need of a qb and will pay for it.

59 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

I'm totally fine with that way of thinking. Me personally, I can't really help the way I feel and I just don't feel great after wins like this.

It wasn't a great win for sure, but at this point we just need as many Ws as we can get before Luck gets back. Then we'll see the potential for this team. I'll take extremely ugly wins if it means we're not out of it by the time Luck is ready

4 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

That's what we've constantly said about the Texans and they finally found their QB. Watson is really good. He should've started Week 1. Never understand why a top QB pick doesn't instantly start. That top pick is the future

yeah we will be in trouble if the jags find one this off-season then both of them will be fighting each other for the division 

8 minutes ago, Chucklez said:

Even if it's not the Jags, I can see us shopping brissett this coming offseason. There are always some teams in desperate need of a qb and will pay for it.

No question the kid could be a good starter.    But I think Ballard will want very good compensation.      

1 hour ago, tucky89 said:

Shouldn't the goal be a SB? Why does winning a garbage division excite anyone? We all know they'd get steamrolled in January.

That's true, but winning a SB doesn't happen over night (unless it's literally the night before the Super Bowl haha ).

In order to build a Super Bowl calibre team, you need not only good talent and coaching, but you also need to develop a winning culture. You do that by winning your division and constantly competing for the playoffs.

And even if the Colts do sneak in by virtue of a weak AFC South, they'll always have a shot as long as 12 is healthy.

33 minutes ago, ColtsBlitz said:

That handful could be our injured players. Luck obviously, but there's also Swoope, Doyle was hurt, Quincy Wilson needs to get healthy, Geathers, and Rodgers. I think the return of Luck, Doyle, and Wilson are the ones we need back the most. Wilson should replace Vontae Davis since he's been so bad. 

We need rogers to as moncrief is invisible most the time

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

.....Our final 6 weeks..are a dusty road

Tennessee

at Jacksonville

at Buffalo

Denver (Thursday night)

at Baltimore

Houston

.....But if we can be 5-5 and at full strength...we'd have a shot to finish 1st

Five of those teams have a good defense

31 minutes ago, Chucklez said:

Nobody's going to give us a No,.1 or No.2 for our backup.

...and he's under contract at low pay......lets keep him the next 2 years....

37 minutes ago, ColtsBlitz said:

That handful could be our injured players. Luck obviously, but there's also Swoope, Doyle was hurt, Quincy Wilson needs to get healthy, Geathers, and Rodgers. I think the return of Luck, Doyle, and Wilson are the ones we need back the most. Wilson should replace Vontae Davis since he's been so bad

An average performance so for for sure

2 hours ago, tucky89 said:

Shouldn't the goal be a SB? Why does winning a garbage division excite anyone? We all know they'd get steamrolled in January.

/sarcasm on

***  You're right.  the Colts shouldn't even play each week.  Forfeit all of the games and sit them all.  Even if they win the division, there's no chance at all to win in the playoffs.  So why bother.  Just don't play and get that first draft pick... Maybe even not play 2 years in a row... really get Luck healthy...   ***

/sarcasm off

I remember many people mentioning the Colts would be bounced in the 1st game vs. the Chiefs and  top RB Larry Johnson in our SB season.  MJD and Fred Taylor had hung 375 rushing yards on us a few weeks earlier, and the Colts had the worst rush D in many moons.  What was Larry Johnson going to do to us?  Why even play?  Right?  I'm  glad the Colts showed up for every game, or Peyton might not have lifted that Lombardi trophy in Indy at all...

5 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

/sarcasm on

***  You're right.  the Colts shouldn't even play each week.  Forfeit all of the games and sit them all.  Even if they win the division, there's no chance at all to win in the playoffs.  So why bother.  Just don't play and get that first draft pick... Maybe even not play 2 years in a row... really get luck healthy...   ***

/sarcasm off

I remember many people mentioning the Colts would be bounced in the 1st game vs. the Chiefs and  top RB Larry Johnson in our SB season.  MJD and Fred Taylor had hung 375 rushing yards on us a few weeks earlier, and the Colts had the worst rush D in many moons.  What was Larry Johnson going to do to us?  Why even play?  Right?  I'm  glad the Colts showed up for every game, or Peyton might not have lifted that Lombardi trophy in Indy at all...

I know, why even play then. I am just glad to watch each game and get wins. Only 1 team can win it all. When Luck comes back who knows?

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It may but we if win our Division games we have a shot now

Definitely. Just need the Jags to start losing and for KC to win tonight. I don't think Andrew is playing against Tennessee which is unfortunate considering how well he does against them. 

6 hours ago, snkdy said:

Was hoping the Jags would lose too. But we're definitely still in it. 

What team are you watching... our 2 wins came against 2 teams with a combined record of ZERO WINS.  How many more of those teams do the Colts have left to play?

Still in it but make now mistake the AFC South is getting better.

Titans:  Marcus Mariota is only going to get better but they are in the same spot as The Colts with Luck in terms of keeping him healthy

Texans:  Finally have a QB although they suffered some major losses on defense tonight.

Jags:  only team in the division that shouldn’t feel good with their QB situation but have a really good defense, especially secondary, and a good running RB and WRs to offset the QB weakness.

17 minutes ago, Old Colt said:

What team are you watching... our 2 wins came against 2 teams with a combined record of ZERO WINS.  How many more of those teams do the Colts have left to play?

I know, but we're still in the race. Houston just lost too. Every team in the South has issues. For all the struggles we've had, we're still only a game back. 

5 hours ago, Luck is Good said:

Jaguars picked off Ben FIVE times today. Good god that's awful. Chiefs are the absolute clear favorite in the AFC right now. That game tonight against the Texans will go a long way in telling us a lot about both teams

Maybe Ben through 5 picks? IMO Ben is washed up. He will have a decent game every once in a while but he should have retired last season like he talked about. He has been beaten on his whole career and had he not been as big and strong as he was he would have been done long before now.

4 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

No question the kid could be a good starter.    But I think Ballard will want very good compensation.      

I have mixed views on this. I know we need some extra draft picks for the rebuild but on the other hand we have seen what not having a decent back up QB can do to.

12 hours ago, Blue Shoe Savior 12 said:

Don't the Colts have the easiest schedule this year?

They would be 0-5 if they weren't playing the bottom of the league every week.

Two west coast games on the road in the first month against two very good defenses and a surging offense in LA, the Broncos, the Steelers and 6 division games is not an easy schedule.

14 hours ago, ColtsFanMikeC said:

As bad as we have looked so far this season (sure there have been a few glimmers of hope, but we've gotten blown out twice, given a game away and barely held on to games against two very poor teams in CLE and SF), we are still tied for 2nd in the AFC South at 2-3.  The Titans will likely lose tonight to KC, so it may well be Jax and 3-2 and three others at 2-3 in the AFC South going into week 6.

The Jags are all over the board with big wins over Texans, Ravens and Steelers along with a loss to NYJ and a big loss to Titans.  

A week or 2 ago I would have said "Let's sit Luck, tank the season, and hope for a good draft pick" -- but with Ryan Kelly back and the defense looking like it may continue to improve throughout the season, we may have an actual shot at winning the AFC South w/ a healthy Luck at the helm.

And do what? So what we win the division? Lets put luck at risk just to win the division and get destroyed in the playoffs again. 

Forget that, sit luck and build brissett's trade value. If he is really good, keep him and trade luck.

texans-35.png  Texans | Whitney Mercilus lost for season    Mon Oct 9, 08:06 AM

Updating previous reports, Houston Texans LB Whitney Mercilus (pectoral) will miss the rest of the season due to a torn pectoral muscle.

Link to story
Whitney Mercilus player page

texans-35.png  Texans | J.J. Watt's season over    Mon Oct 9, 08:06 AM

Updating previous reports, Houston Texans DE J.J. Watt (leg) is out for the season due to a tibial plateau fracture, according to a source.

Link to story
J.J. Watt player page

These are pretty significant bites for the Texans defense.