Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

R-E-L-A-X Everyone

ColtsArmy84

Heres my take on all of this.

Ā 

I still think we are going to win the AFC South this season. The other 3 teams in our division are not going to pull away from us. Jacksonville beat a demoralized Houston team. They arent going anywhere. Houston has question marks at QB and the Titans HAVE NOT beaten the Colts in the AL12 era. We dont even play a division opponent until Luck is back. So as long as the other teams in the south continue to suffer, well still have a great chance once 12 returns.

Ā 

Lets also remember that Tolzien wont be in much longer. Jacoby Brissett might even start this week which will make us more competitive IMO. We cant play any worse then we did last week so I def expect us to be better in Week 2.

Ā 

So unless an AFC South starts pulling away in the division, well be right there in the mix with AL12 back healthy and 6 games to play against the South teams.

Ā 

We were number 1 last week on defence against the run. We will fix the pass def. We have no where to go but up.

Ā 

Stand up and GO COLTS GO!!!!!

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Easier to say than to do. Ā This team is a long way from being competitive. Ā 

Ā 

Do you remember who the Rams QB is? Ā So the Houston having QB issues does not apply to the Colts. Ā I am not giving up on them, but I have little to no hope of winning more than a few games much less the AFC South. Ā 

I want us to win the south. But it all depends on if the coaching staff can improve, and when Luck comes back, and if the team's starters can stay healthy. Missing Kelly may be the biggest news besides Andrew.Ā 

Ā 

Davis was sorely missed on Sunday as well.Ā 

Ā 

And the coaching staff?Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

What have they been doing all these past weeks to game plan?Ā 

Ā 

I do hope that we improve. I think we will as far as defense is concerned. More experience is a good antidote. And our running game might be the best it has been in years.Ā 

We have got to see improvement from the coaches. All of them. Sunday as far as I'm concerned is all on them for not figuring out tactics to stop Goff and for leaving a clueless and helpless Tolzien on the field for way longer than needed.Ā 

Ā 

Scott should have been left in the locker room after halftime.Ā 

I agree that the Colts won't be out of it but the team is a mess right now.Ā  They need Andrew Luck back in a bad way as well as Vontae Davis and Ryan Kelly.Ā  If Brissett can start the next few games and get a win or 2 and Luck can make it back by week 4 then they have a chance.Ā  If the Colts continue forward with Tolzien and are 0-4 going into the 49ers game and Luck comesĀ  back, he'd have to go 9-3 or probably 10-2 just to have a chance at the playoffs.Ā  I don't see it happening unless the Colts can scrounge up a few wins with Luck out.

1 minute ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

I agree that the Colts won't be out of it but the team is a mess right now.Ā  They need Andrew Luck back in a bad way as well as Vontae Davis and Ryan Kelly.Ā  If Brissett can start the next few games and get a win or 2 and Luck can make it back by week 4 then they have a chance.Ā  If the Colts continue forward with Tolzien and are 0-4 going into the 49ers game and Luck comesĀ  back, he'd have to go 9-3 or probably 10-2 just to have a chance at the playoffs.Ā  I don't see it happening unless the Colts can scrounge up a few wins with Luck out.

Putting Tolzien in would make logical sense if were trying to win a few games without Luck. Putting Jacoby in means that were at least trying to win. The coaching staff is unwilling to admit that they messed up with Tolzien. Just bite the bullet and move on from him I was a DE in high school. Tolzien is easy to sack.

1 minute ago, ColtsArmy84 said:

Putting Tolzien in would make logical sense if were trying to win a few games without Luck. Putting Jacoby in means that were at least trying to win. The coaching staff is unwilling to admit that they messed up with Tolzien. Just bite the bullet and move on from him I was a DE in high school. Tolzien is easy to sack.

I don't disagree.Ā  I watched Brissett a few times last year and I think he's the better player and I think that's why Ballard traded for him, but I don't think the coaching staff will start him against Arizona.Ā  They'll start Tolzien and then decide to put Brissett in when the game is already out of reach.Ā  I sure hope I am wrong though.Ā  I'll be there Sunday and would much rather see Brissett than Tolzien.Ā 

It reallyĀ wouldn't surprise me if they limp to 1st or 2nd in the division depending on the other teams turn out.

And it's not particularly because I'm confident in the team or coaching, but because the Colts are just extremely inconsistent from week to week. TheyĀ always seem to follow disappointing losses with wins and vice versa. Which is annoying and which is why I'm pretty fed up with the coaching, but yeah, won't be surprised if they limp to a decent record.

Ā  Thanks for posting OP. So much negativity going on.

Ā Ā If getting this team to play better is just a matter of correcting mistakes, technique and giving players experience,Ā the Colts can win a game or two before Luck comes back.

Ā If it's a matter of talent, that's another story.

Ā Those of us who believe the former have hope that this season is far from over.Ā 

Ā Ā 

Ā 

Dear lord, why would we even want to make the playoffs with this team? Ā Do you want to have all of America watch us lose by 40 points? Ā The only thing winning the division would accomplish would be another useless banner and a nationally televised cornholing at the hands of a real football team. Ā We got destroyed by the Rams what on Earth would a team like the Patriots do to us?

Ā 

My new bar is to get through this season with minimal additional embarrassment. Ā A bar I doubt we'll manage to hurdle. Ā 

Ā 

Playoffs? Ā Don't make us ask Jim Mora what he thinks about the playoffs.

1 minute ago, Jaric said:

Dear lord, why would we even want to make the playoffs with this team? Ā Do you want to have all of America watch us lose by 40 points? Ā The only thing winning the division would accomplish would be another useless banner and a nationally televised cornholing at the hands of a real football team. Ā We got destroyed by the Rams what on Earth would a team like the Patriots do to us?

Ā 

My new bar is to get through this season with minimal additional embarrassment. Ā A bar I doubt we'll manage to hurdle. Ā 

Ā 

Playoffs? Ā Don't make us ask Jim Mora what he thinks about the playoffs.

We wont lose by 40 if Andrew is healthy. It depends whether or not we have our best player. If Andrew cant play than no I agree as the product looks awful. Much like without Peyton.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We wont lose by 40 if Andrew is healthy. It depends whether or not we have our best player. If Andrew cant play than no I agree as the product looks awful. Much like without Peyton.

The last playoff game we played in, we lost 45-7. Ā Andrew Luck was the QB and that team was better than this team by a large margin. Ā This current team plays New England and the point differential will be determined solely by Bill Belichick's nonexistent mercy.

Ā 

Not having Andrew is part of the problem, but that's not even the main problem with this team. Ā The main problem is we have a dumpster fire roster being coached by drunken hobos.

Ā 

Putting Luck back on the field will only serve to finish the job of completely breaking him mentally and physically that will be the lasting Pagano legacy.Ā 

Ā 

If I'm Jim Irsay, Luck goes on IR and we don't put him back on the field until this "monster" they've built is purged with fire.

Just now, Jaric said:

The last playoff game we played in, we lost 45-7. Ā Andrew Luck was the QB and that team was better than this team by a large margin. Ā This current team plays New England and the point differential will be determined solely by Bill Belichick's nonexistent mercy.

Ā 

Not having Andrew is part of the problem, but that's not even the main problem with this team. Ā The main problem is we have a dumpster fire roster being coached by drunken hobos.

Ā 

Putting Luck back on the field will only serve to finish the job of completely breaking him mentally and physically that will be the lasting Pagano legacy.Ā 

Ā 

If I'm Jim Irsay, Luck goes on IR and we don't put him back on the field until this "monster" they've built is purged with fire.

Pats ran up the score and that was an all-time great team we played in Foxboro. 99% of the time we wont lose by 40 with Andrew. We lost to the SB Champions in the Title GameĀ so no shame in that. I agree though we have a lot of problems with our team.

8 minutes ago, Jaric said:

Or, what I'm kind ofĀ predicting, Luck mostly carries the team to a .500 record and saves Pagano's job.

I'm admittedlyĀ feeling very jaded and snarkyĀ today.

1 minute ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Or, what I'm predicting, Luck will carry the team to a decent record and save Pagano's job.

And yes, I'm feeling very jaded and snarkyĀ today.

Ā 

My assumption is they rush him back out to avoid the fans losing interest and the multiple internal organ injuries he'll sustain as a result end a promising career in horrific fashion.

Ā 

Hopefully, he recovers enough to live a productive life outside of football.

2 minutes ago, Jaric said:

Ā 

My assumption is they rush him back out to avoid the fans losing interest and the multiple internal organ injuries he'll sustain as a result end a promising career in horrific fashion.

Ā 

Hopefully, he recovers enough to live a productive life outside of football.

It's hard to say when he will come back. He is probably healthy now but just isn't 100% throwing yet.

After taking a deep breath I have come to the conclusion that we have only one of the major 5 building blocks in place as of now and that's the defensive line.

The other 4 are IMO.

2 franchise QB

3 offensive line

4 pass rushĀ 

5 defensive backfield

Ā 

Our franchise QB will be back within 5 weeks so that makes 2 of the 5 in order.

Kelly coming back will help the o line but won't be enough to push it into the 3rd position yet and needs more work.

Vontae coming back will help the defensive backfield but as Kelly won't be enough to push into the 4th slot and needs work.

Ā 

Pass rush is non existent with no help in sight unfortunately. So a lot of work to be done in the next offseason.

On a side note if Tolzien starts next game then the franchise is just gaining draft spots and not wanting to win this season.

Ā 

Ā 

I do think the play on the field will improve.Ā  On defense, the entire starting 11 defense is new this year from the same time last year.Ā  At their current positions anyway.Ā  They will play better and better each week as they gel as a unit and get comfortable that their teammates will hold their respective responsibilities (assuming they actually hold their respective responsibilities).Ā 

Ā 

Hooker missed a lot of training camp and preseason.Ā  I'm not surprised at all to see him on somewhat of a pitch count.Ā  Wilson on the other hand, unless there is an undisclosed injury involved, I have no idea.Ā 

Ā 

I would expect the OL to improve as the season goes along, much like it did last year.Ā  Philbin did something right last year but for some reason, over the offseason a couple of guys regressed and a couple other guys got hurt.Ā  Kelly should be back soon (hopefully) and that alone will help tremendously.Ā 

Ā 

But, even if all of the above comes true and the colts do win several games, maybe even the division, I can't imagine that they'd keep a coach who doesn't know when to challenge a potential TD.Ā  If it were his rookie year as HC I could maybe, MAYBE give him a pass on that.Ā  But he's not, he's been here 6 years and I've defended him more than most.Ā  there's no defending that decision though and for me it was the straw the broke the camel's back.Ā 

Thanks to the OP for the positive post.Ā  This board does have a tendency to focus on the negative, as do most internet forums, but Sunday gave us all plenty to focus on. :eek:

Ā 

The one thing I do agree is that you can never go too far with "hot takes" in week 1.Ā  All we can do is hope that the obvious mistakes made on Sunday (Tolzein in general, Green playing at CB, poor ball retention) can be focussed on and addressed this week and see how we get on against a team who is missing their star player this weekend.

Ā 

There is a light at the end of the tunnel for this season, and his name is Andrew. :colts:

36 minutes ago, MFT5 said:

why yall have hope en the coaching staff or this teams ability to succeed this year baffles me. The Colts are not good. Wake up. All of these hypotheticals are moronicĀ this is a 6Ā win team & that's being generousĀ 

So you KNOW this is a six win team? Can you tell us the Powerball numbers so can all get rich?Ā 

Can't say I agree with you man. For 2 reasons.

Ā 

1. Anyone watching can clearly see that Pags is a lame duck (same with Chud too). Ballard obviously has no faith in the man and probably wants us to lose many games this year for a better pick and a justified reason to fire Pagano.Ā You can just look at the playsĀ we call and see that they literally adjusted NOTHING in the offseason to make a more effective offense. The defense I want to give a pass to due to all the new players but it's still obvious that we have nothing in terms of Pas rush or coverage skills.Ā 

Ā 

2. Luck is going to be out another 4-5 weeks in my opinion. I'm not saying the Organization is lying about the severity of his injury but I am saying that his recovery is either moving slow, or they're being cautious with him (most likely scenario imo).

Ā 

Feel free to quote me and pick my points apart. I'm used to it but this is all my

opinion and I just think that's what is happeningĀ 

I think expecting to win the AFC South at this point is on the extreme side of optimistic. Impossible? No. But not likely. Outside of the QB position, every single team in the South has a better roster at this point. If Luck doesn't play we are far outgunned period.

Ā 

Bortles seemed to figure out that his team is good enough that as long as he doesn't turn it over they have a shot to win. If he plays TO free ball I actually like their chances this year despite being the doormat for the past 6-7 years.

1 hour ago, ColtsArmy84 said:

You could literally start any QB on any NFL roster and get as good as Tolzien produces. I personally would cut him and bring back Morris, but the coaching staff obviously has something against him. Jacoby needs to start game 2 or I'm going to be forced to finally begin to question Pagano's coaching. Scott Tolzien is NOT an NFL quarterback.

21 minutes ago, DaveA1102 said:

Thanks to the OP for the positive post.Ā  This board does have a tendency to focus on the negative, as do most internet forums, but Sunday gave us all plenty to focus on. :eek:

Ā 

The one thing I do agree is that you can never go too far with "hot takes" in week 1.Ā  All we can do is hope that the obvious mistakes made on Sunday (Tolzein in general, Green playing at CB, poor ball retention) can be focussed on and addressed this week and see how we get on against a team who is missing their star player this weekend.

Ā 

There is a light at the end of the tunnel for this season, and his name is Andrew. :colts:

Yeah, not much optimism around here. Part of the issue is it's the same old problems, with seemingly no effective actions taken to improve in those areas...

Dropping a third straight season opener & in grand fashion isn't going to help embolden the fan base with optimism. While there is the bright spot of Lucks return (along with Kelly & Davis) the opener was just a blatant reminder of the deficencies that plague the team/roster/coaching staff...