Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Biggest hit by a Colts player?

RockThatBlue

Just now, RockThatBlue said:

That's a good one. Vontae isn't necessarily known as a hitter so I was a bit surprised at this one. He just leveled Bernard.

Yeah I really like how Bernard just kind of sits on the ground for awhile, seeing stars probably.

4 minutes ago, Malakai432 said:

Yeah I really like how Bernard just kind of sits on the ground for awhile, seeing stars probably.

IIRC in the Bengals playoff game they did a similar play and Vontae hit him pretty good again. Bernard probably hates seeing the jersey #21 lol

3 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

What would you say is the biggest hit you've seen a Colts player give? This one is my favorite. My god, Reid destroyed him. 

I was going to say Bob Sanders vs Forte of the Bears but this one hands down.

I rewound this hit a half dozen times or more on my dvr after this play.

I don't know why no one ever talks about this one, but there was a hit Bob Sanders laid on this WR from Tennessee.   The game was played in Nashville and Bob broke him down with a textbook helmet under the chin strap blast.  One of the hardest hits I've seen.  I was at this game.

Found a picture of the hit after looking around:

Image result for bob sanders hit vs tennessee

14 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

What would you say is the biggest hit you've seen a Colts player give? This one is my favorite. My god, Reid destroyed him. 

That's the one and the others are not even close. That's the biggest hit I've ever seen on anyone.

2 hours ago, krunk said:

I don't know why no one ever talks about this one, but there was a hit Bob Sanders laid on this WR from Tennessee.   The game was played in Nashville and Bob broke him down with a textbook helmet under the chin strap blast.  One of the hardest hits I've seen.  I was at this game.

Found a picture of the hit after looking around:

Image result for bob sanders hit vs tennessee

You really can't go wrong with any Bob Sanders hit. He was like a missile being launched.

My most memorable hit was back in 2005 I believe and for some reason I could never find any footage or pictures of it but it always stuck with me is when the Colts were playing against the Steelers in 2005 when Bob Sanders started to make a name for himself.

But all I remember was when Bob Sanders was in coverage and the receiver had just made the reception for a short gain and Bob was on him so fast he picked the guy up from behind like a teddy bear and slammed this guy almost on his neck on sum UFC level takedown. I remembering going crazy when I seen that

21 hours ago, TheRustonRifle#7 said:

I am going with all the hits on this video, from Mike Curtis.

The hit Mike put on the fan was maybe the funniest I can remember seeing.

The dude was lucky Mike just gave him a baby hit or he would have been carried out.

On 5/31/2017 at 8:50 PM, RockThatBlue said:

When I saw this thread title this was the play that came to mind.  Seeing Hunter Smith and McAfee layout return men was fun too.

davis had a really good one in a bengals game a few years ago too.  

On 6/1/2017 at 9:11 AM, jblastick said:

Maybe not the BIGGEST hit but a very important one.  Bob Sanders on Cedric Benson in the Super Bowl that caused a fumble.  I was sitting in the upper deck of the end zone behind this play and I could hear the hit way up there.

I was hoping someone would mention that. That was a HUGE play.

On 5/31/2017 at 8:50 PM, RockThatBlue said:

Gold Medal:  That Reid hit was definitely the most violent.  That was Attempted Murder in the 1st degree...

On 6/1/2017 at 9:11 AM, jblastick said:

Maybe not the BIGGEST hit but a very important one.  Bob Sanders on Cedric Benson in the Super Bowl that caused a fumble.  I was sitting in the upper deck of the end zone behind this play and I could hear the hit way up there.

15 hours ago, ProblChld32 said:

Bob sanders forced fumble in the Super Bowl. That was a pretty nasty hit.

15 hours ago, chad72 said:

I was hoping someone would mention that. That was a HUGE play.

Silver Medal:  That Sanders hit was the best hit in the biggest game.

On 5/31/2017 at 9:55 PM, NorthernBlue said:

Maybe not the best hit, but whose ever gonna forget this?

Bronze Medal:  BOOMSTICK!!!

Image result for gary brackett jerome bettis

Honorable Mention:  Gary Brackett beating the brakes off the Bus and causing the fumble that SHOULD have won us that playoff game in 2005...  That was such an incredible individual play.  Causing a fumble on the goal-line in such a crucial moment.