Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who are some players you DON'T want the Colts to draft?

I don't mind Peppers. Not sure if in the first, but I don't mind drafting him later. To me it's more a matter of where in the draft than who...

I'm not the biggest Taco Charlton fan if we are talking first round pick.

I'm not the biggest fan of drafting a RB in the first...

I'm not the biggest fan of Cam Robinson in the first...

In the 1st:

- Cook (value and off the field)

- Barnett  (don't feel he's a scheme fit)

- Any OL at this point

- Cunningham (not even sure I'd take him with our 2nd)

There aren't too many guys I wouldn't take later at some point though.

37 minutes ago, SP_21 said:

Mixon

Cook

Charlton after his terrible 40

Charles Harris. This one should be pretty divisive. 

I'd never knock an edge rusher's 40. The 10 yd split is the important part. I don't think anyone expected a fast 40 from him anyhow.

. Any RB in the first round

. Jabrill Peppers just because I think he does the same job as Geathers

. Tim Williams in RD 1 (if he falls a few rounds we'll talk), possibly the riskiest pick in the draft

. Mixon. I wouldn't hate the pick but I have a hard time rooting for him to succeed

. Taco Charlton. His stock depended on him blitzing the combine. He didn't.

. Oline in the first 3 rounds

. Zach Cunningham due to the scheme fit.

21 minutes ago, Shive said:

I'd never knock an edge rusher's 40. The 10 yd split is the important part. I don't think anyone expected a fast 40 from him anyhow.

I agree to a certain extent. Taco is embarrassingly slow though 

Any offensive player in the 1st round outside of maybe OL.  After that, I think we have so many holes anybody could help this team.

The ONLY player outside of the 1st round that gives me a lot of pause is Mixon, but I only have limited information to go on.  If Ballard does his homework and feels he is a changed person, then I will trust him and be happy with the pick.

2 minutes ago, bananabucket said:

You guys who dont want Cook are crazy.  How you cant see the value of having a dynamic explosive RB is beyond me.

I'm crazy then.  And it has NOTHING to do with the player himself on the field, although his character has also been questioned, but with the young OL blocking in front of him.  I have no doubt he will be a very good player.  But with our OL I don't think he would be properly utilized.  Just IMHO.

4 minutes ago, bananabucket said:

You guys who dont want Cook are crazy.  How you cant see the value of having a dynamic explosive RB is beyond me.

Preach bananabucket preach

Especially with all the horrible edge rushers

1 minute ago, AZColt11 said:

I'm crazy then.  And it has NOTHING to do with the player himself on the field, although his character has also been questioned, but with the young OL blocking in front of him.  I have no doubt he will be a very good player.  But with our OL I don't think he would be properly utilized.  Just IMHO.

Our oline gets no credit. We're one RG away from having a very good oline

8 minutes ago, bananabucket said:

We are already pretty good on the offense but we suck defensively.

It has already been determined that we win games when the other team is held to 19 points or less.

Having a RB taken in the 1st. round is a luxury pick at this point and we need defense a lot more than a RB.

1 minute ago, CR91 said:

Our oline gets no credit. We're one RG away from having a very good oline

I would add a RT as well.  We still don;t know what we have there yet.  I DO like the future prospects of this group., I just don't think they are ready to dominate yet.

I just think it's sort of a de-valued position with today's pass-happy offenses.  I will admit that Cook is good in the passing game as well.  But I think IF you can hit on a good pass-rusher, especially when you don't have any, it would do more for your team.  And I think this class if so deep at RB you can get a pretty good one in round 4 or thereabouts.

10 minutes ago, AZColt11 said:

I just think it's sort of a de-valued position with today's pass-happy offenses.  I will admit that Cook is good in the passing game as well.  But I think IF you can hit on a good pass-rusher, especially when you don't have any, it would do more for your team.  And I think this class if so deep at RB you can get a pretty good one in round 4 or thereabouts.

but the problem is, there is no pass rusher worth taking in the first round. barnett is a one trick pony who is more suited for a 4-3 then a 3-4, taco is too slow and reddick and tak are fast, but undersized and it'd be too soon to take them at 15

I'm going to say it doesn't matter.  I'm so excited to have Chris Ballard, that I have to believe this first pick ever with the Colts in a great defensive draft and defense being his forte, will be the right pick.  In other words, I trust him over my pick.

4 minutes ago, CR91 said:

but the problem is, there is no pass rusher worth taking in the first round. barnett is a one trick pony who is more suited for a 4-3 then a 3-4, taco is too slow and reddick and tak are fast, but undersized and it'd be too soon to take them at 15

How about LB?  What if one of the stud safeties like Adams or Hooker falls to us?  I would take one of them first.  But that's just me.  If ALL of the defenders you like are gone then yeah look at another position.  But this defense in particular needs help at ALL levels.

Just now, AZColt11 said:

How about LB?  What if one of the stud safeties like Adams or Hooker falls to us?  I would take one of them first.  But that's just me.  If ALL of the defenders you like are gone then yeah look at another position.  But this defense in particular needs help at ALL levels.

safety, Id jump at the chance to get hooker. I love his tape, but I cant see him getting past the chargers and I can see jamal adams going to the jags. only LB worth taking in the top 15 imo is garrett and foster

2 hours ago, Shive said:

In the 1st:

- Cook (value and off the field)

- Barnett  (don't feel he's a scheme fit)

- Any OL at this point

- Cunningham (not even sure I'd take him with our 2nd)

There aren't too many guys I wouldn't take later at some point though.

My exact list too.

Barnett or Tak.  I, like others above, don't think those two edge guys who could be available at 15 are worth that pick.  

I want to like McKinley.  I mean the comparison is Hali, and he did have a great year at UCLA, so there are a ton of positives.  But having watched his combine, where he made mental mistakes in three drills (did them wrong), plus the shoulder surgery coming, I just don't think he's the guy.  

2 hours ago, CR91 said:

Most people agreed it was too early to take Kelly at 18 last year but we valued him and took him. If an olb or lb is there that we value in the first than I'm fine with taking him. Actually there are several nice corners that should have high 1st rd grades that would be a good fit for us too not just edge rushers. That said We only get 1 first rd pick....guys like Reddick etc aren't too much a reach just because they might be ranked a few picks later....you evaluate them and stick to your board. All things equal in rating I go defense over offense but I got no problem if we take Boles or Lamp too....I'm all about helping our running game...in fact I think they would have a bigger affect on the running game then Cook...just my opinion.

This question is designed for people to have an opinion, and my opinion on this subject will not be highly liked on this board.

I will concede the Colts front office has no idea what it's doing if they draft Takkarist McKinley.

If we draft him, then I will be seriously concerned about our future.

My big 2 at edge are Thomas and McKinley.  Yes, both had good measurements, but OLB drills, their hips were tight and had trouble tracking.

Wold not look at Reddick or Watt at 15, but would consider them if we traded back into the 20s.

34 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

This question is designed for people to have an opinion, and my opinion on this subject will not be highly liked on this board.

I will concede the Colts front office has no idea what it's doing if they draft Takkarist McKinley.

If we draft him, then I will be seriously concerned about our future.

Takkarist had me until his drills and that's when I shut that door.. I don't think he would be our first choice.

8 minutes ago, gacker65 said:

My big 2 at edge are Thomas and McKinley.  Yes, both had good measurements, but OLB drills, their hips were tight and had trouble tracking.

Wold not look at Reddick or Watt at 15, but would consider them if we traded back into the 20s.

Why wouldn't you look at Reddick at 15?

4 hours ago, bananabucket said:

I see the value, I just don't see the need. There are talented backs later in the draft and while they may not be on the same tier as Cook, we absolutely positively need to go defense round 1. No questions asked.

Just now, gacker65 said:

Would only take Reddick at 15 if he plays ILB.  Not enough bend for outside.

What do you mean by not enough bend for the outside? The dude bent a 7.01 in the 3 Cone. 

That said, he has announced he is moving to the inside, and will be a 3-4 ILB.

To answer the question; heck yeah! I would gratefully take him at #15, and happily start him on day-one.

I'll stick to my guns and not let the 40 fool me but I don't want takk unless we trade back. Neither taco I know alot of people are high on the 2 but not me so much. I think there's tons of talent in this draft though very few players I deeply dislike

7 hours ago, Shive said:

- Any OL at this point

I really like Forrest Lamp and Garett Bolles. Depending on free agency that would be fine with me. I guess for us, Lamp might make more sense of the 2. I still think defense is more likely.

As far as who I don't want us drafting... It depends on when we drafted them. Like, I wouldn't exactly be thrilled if we used our first round pick on a running back, but if we could land any of the top 4 RBs in round 2 I'd be pumped. 

9 hours ago, CR91 said:

Tak is 6'2" and 250.     When did that become undersized.

And Reddick would not be an OLB for the Colts.     He'd be the Will inside backer next to the MIKE.

He's big enough and very athletic enough.