Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Shanahans

gnet550

I could see it but I think Mike is done and I would think if Kyle was coming it would be for a promo to HC.  I could see Mike maybe in a consulting role but that'd be about it.  Not to crap on your hypothesis as I don't know anymore than anybody else, just my "gut".  Where are you seeing this?

At this point, I wouldn't mind it because I REALLY don't want to stay status quo.  That is the very definition of insanity.

1 minute ago, AZColt11 said:

I could see it but I think Mike is done and I would think if Kyle was coming it would be for a promo to HC.  I could see Mike maybe in a consulting role but that'd be about it.  Not to crap on your hypothesis as I don't know anymore than anybody else, just my "gut".  Where are you seeing this?

At this point, I wouldn't mind it because I REALLY don't want to stay status quo.  That is the very definition of insanity.

Kravitz said Mike wants to coach still...dunno, more hearsay probably

4 minutes ago, AZColt11 said:

Huh, that's interesting.  Seems like he would want to just stay retired and do some "consulting".  That's where the big bucks/low pressure are anyway.

Getting Kyle Shanahan in at HC with Mike Shanahan as his councilor and mentor could be very interesting. Add Peyton in FO and we're back in business! 

:rock:

1 minute ago, Mr Clueless said:

Getting Kyle Shanahan in at HC with Mike Shanahan as his councilor and mentor could be very interesting. Add Peyton in FO and we're back in business! 

We could only hope.  Cause what we have right now is not going to cut it.

1 minute ago, Luck2Hilton4TD said:

Don't see why anyone would want Mike Shanahan--he was awful with Washington, but Kyle Shanahan appears to have a bright future. Found a solid write-up here:

http://horseshoeheroes.com/2017/01/15/kyle-shanahan-next-head-coaching-solution-colts/

He also had lots of success...I'd be pleased...the two of them would be better than paganism IMO

I wouldn't mind because Kyle has done wonders with that Atlanta offense. At this point I'll take him, Josh McDaniels or anyone with a pulse at this point :lol: but I doubt that Jim is really trying to do ANYTHING at this point though considering Chuck and Grigs have 3 more years left on their contract. :angry:

I'm just tired of heresay and rumors. I want answers and definite answers. If Grigs and Pags are sticking around for another year, then it is what it is and we as fans just have to support our team. 

I for one am tired of the circus we have in our FO and coaching staff, but I know there is nothing that I can do about it. I'll just keep being a fan and endure the mediocrity we are being fed. 

2 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

I'm just tired of heresay and rumors. I want answers and definite answers. If Grigs and Pags are sticking around for another year, then it is what it is and we as fans just have to support our team. 

I for one am tired of the circus we have in our FO and coaching staff, but I know there is nothing that I can do about it. I'll just keep being a fan and endure the mediocrity we are being fed. 

Agreed just an answer would be nice

I'd like it. But I can't see Kyle taking a sideways move to a worse team when he's a top guy at a SB contender.

I could see Kyle getting the HC job. 12 running the Falcons offense could be scary good. Mike may well come on as a consultant or a Coughlin type role maybe. 

As much as I like Peyton I might be inclined to go for the experience that Mike Shanahan has when it comes to VP of Football Ops. 

If Shanahan comes on board and brings on the best DC available I would be very much in favour of the move.

Only issue is, I can't see them working with Grigson and Irsay has been sticking to his guns with him. I can't see us getting a VP of FO anytime soon since whoever it may be would not want to answer to or argue with Grigson as GM.

1 hour ago, Luck2Hilton4TD said:

His success was also a long time ago. I just don't see the point, if we want Kyle Shanahan then sign just him and use the savings to bring in a legit defensive coordinator. 

So was grudens success yet everyone was jumping for joy over the possibility for him. 

There are a lot of people who would be happy if we got rid of Chuckles and Grigson for Ryan Leaf at GM and JaMarcus Russell at HC. 

Also we could still be in the running for Kyle but we can't really do anything while he's still coaching for Atlanta. Maybe when the Falcons are done he will get the call from irsay.  At this point we simply don't know.

8 minutes ago, SaturdayAllDay said:

So was grudens success yet everyone was jumping for joy over the possibility for him. 

There are a lot of people who would be happy if we got rid of Chuckles and Grigson for Ryan Leaf at GM and JaMarcus Russell at HC. 

Also we could still be in the running for Kyle but we can't really do anything while he's still coaching for Atlanta. Maybe when the Falcons are done he will get the call from irsay.  At this point we simply don't know.

I think because Gruden's career didn't end on such a sour note, and he also had success with two teams as opposed to Shanahan--whose Broncos team was loaded with talent initially. I also think that it was reported that Shanahan interviewed with the Broncos last week, so there's still a little that could be done now--although that window may be closing the further along the Falcons advance until their season's end. 

1 hour ago, Luck2Hilton4TD said:

Don't see why anyone would want Mike Shanahan--he was awful with Washington, but Kyle Shanahan appears to have a bright future. Found a solid write-up here:

http://horseshoeheroes.com/2017/01/15/kyle-shanahan-next-head-coaching-solution-colts/

I'm not advocating for Mike Shanahan here, but I think Mike had a rough go of it in Washington due in large part to Snyder's meddling. As far as the Shanahans go, I'd rather see Kyle at the helm, if anything actually develops down this route.

2 hours ago, Mr Clueless said:

Kyle maybe but no way do I want to see Mike in here as head coach. Not sure why some people want to keep these recycles in the light. Mike S. hasn't done anything since obtaining Terrel Davis back in the days of Denvers final good years with An elite QB. 

34 minutes ago, Jdubu said:

Kyle maybe but no way do I want to see Mike in here as head coach. Not sure why some people want to keep these recycles in the light. Mike S. hasn't done anything since obtaining Terrel Davis back in the days of Denvers final good years with An elite QB. 

The guy made it to the playoffs with guys like Brian Griese, Jake Plumber and RG3. What's Belichick ever done without Brady?  

Mike Shanahan?

My brain hurts so bad...

You mean former Super Bowl champ Mike Shanahan?

Yeah yeah yeah, I think that is the same one. The one who underachieved and won one super bowl with John Elway. The one who hung around Denver for years after that and didn't get much farther than the middle of the road. The one who had a disastrous run with the Redskins.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's the same one.

10 hours ago, lennymoore24 said:

Oh the "great" Mike Shanahan.  So he had a great offensive line, Terrell Davis, and a fading John Elway and won two Super Bowls very early.  Then he....well, didn't accomplish much of anything.  I would put him in the Brian Bellick group.  No thanks!

"Early". So, Brady and Belichick won 3 of their 4 SBs early as well, so that diminishes those SBs???

I am not advocating for Mike Shanahan but it is mighty short sighted to sell him short. He is a good coach that gets a lot out of his running game and we have drafted the guys for the ZBS that he loves to run. The issue with him was when he started playing GM. That would be the reason I wouldn't want Mike, because he might want to play GM at this point.

Hence, I would not mind Kyle Shanahan for HC that would maximize the west coast system efficiency with our O, and Brian Guntekunst for GM (a Packers head of scouting guy).

16 hours ago, GwinnettColt said:

If we're talking Shanahans, I think I'd rather have Kyle.  He's done a great job in Atlanta.

I also think that if Pagano goes, Grigson needs to be in the seat on the bus next to him.  

I'm not sure who we'd get for GM.  

An interesting idea could be to put Mike as GM and Kyle as HC. Mike has great scouting ability. He had the foresight to draft Kirk Cousins and has stated that he was high on Andrew Luck since day 1. Snyder wanted RGIII and the Shannahan's were some how able to get a playoff birth out of a terrible QB. Plus Mike is responsible for Sharp, Davis, and Morris. Not my top choice but I wouldn't mind him as GM.

1 minute ago, Defjamz26 said:

An interesting idea could be to put Mike as GM and Kyle as HC. Mike has great scouting ability. He had the foresight to draft Kirk Cousins and has stated that he was high on Andrew Luck since day 1. Snyder wanted RGIII and the Shannahan's were some how able to get a playoff birth out of a terrible QB. Plus Mike is responsible for Sharp, Davis, and Morris. Not my top choice but I wouldn't mind him as GM.

Mike being GM had very mixed results and there was a loss of talent on their roster as time went on, that is why he was shown the door in Denver. I'd get someone who has worked heavily in scouting and football operations recently. Just my opinion.